Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC  (Read 21386 times)

Cillaliz

Re:I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2006, 11:26:42 AM »

OMG I may have to kill you. :)    I honestly cannot fathom why anyone would vote for him. I find his dancing horrid. And I don't find he was trying that hard.  He was terrible!  He wouldn't even agree to wear dancing shoes which i thought made him seem obnoxious.   I don't mind if people root for the underdog.  But they were being kind to him (one judge gave him a 6).  Yes I don't think they should have said that he should not be on the show next week. But frankly he is that bad.  He is so much worse than any of the people on there (or even those who have been voted off) that i really can't wait for him to go!

It's funny but Elisabeth from The View felt just like you. She championed him and even wore a t-shirt.  That actually made me so mad. :)

Then they shouldn't have invited him to be on the show. I think it's really rude to take people who aren't claiming to be professionals at dancing  and then ridicule them if they don't live upto those standards.  The judges were unnecessarily harsh to almost all of them.  This isn't American Idol.  None of these contestants are going to go on to have careers as ballroom dancers, so why does it have to be so vicious. I don't remember the first season being like that.  It isn't fun to listen to the judges engage in public humiliation of people who are doing something outside of their comfort zone.  So, even though I agree he's the worst dancer, I'll keep voting for him as long as the judges act that way.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2006, 11:26:44 AM »

I'm showered and all clean and shiny.  In about an hour I'll mosey over to the theater to give some minor notes to my cast - I know if I keep doing that they'll soon learn to be consistent just to shut me up.

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2006, 11:29:37 AM »

Ok, now I'm acting twitchy and bitchy and manic  :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 11:30:08 AM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2006, 11:56:07 AM »

Doing a little cleaning around the home environment, and then I must go through boxes to try to find the missing pages from this musical that we're going to finish.  they're somewhere, having formerly been on my piano.  Why they were moved is the question to which I have no answer.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2006, 12:10:33 PM »

BK, perhaps I saw another review, but this one, while certainly not a rave, had at least one pullable, notably the comment about Ashford being suitable suave or something like that.  I say, get what you can and move on.  :)

Still involved with this Wikipedia nonsense.  I've had two sleepless nights over it.  I guess I need to take BK's advice and take a shower.  Screaming under the railroad only scared the bats.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2006, 12:26:23 PM »

JMK: I moved on directly after I saw the review.  The review, other than being ill-tempered and ill-written doesn't and didn't bother me at all.  I expected it.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2006, 12:27:35 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the theater.  Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2006, 12:47:08 PM »

UGH! I just can not get motivated to pack today. Good thing it doesn't really have to be done today.  But, I'm bound and determined to keep going for a while. Every little bit I get done now is something that doesn't have to be done when it gets crazy.  I swear I'm one of the only people I know who can spread moving out over weeks at a time. Just how do people manage to pack and move quickly? Perhaps they have less "stuff" than I do~!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2006, 12:49:50 PM »

Happiest HHW Birthday Wishes to DR Elan! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2006, 12:58:03 PM »

Congratulations to DR Jose's 11000 Posts! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2006, 01:01:05 PM »

I'm off.  I must shower then take my niece to see "Rent" that's playing at the Olympia Film Society.  After that, I have to pop into work and pick up some papers that I had printed out yesterday but forgot to take with me.  Ooops!  Even though they're not work-related (which is allowable), and they're not anything that I need to hide from my co-workers, I need them before tomorrow, when I go back to work for real.  That's my day.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2006, 01:18:01 PM »

Well, dear reader S. Woody White, one should think you'd been coming to this site long enough to know that MBarnum was using our tried and true "various and sundried" line - and yes, it's "sun-dried" (how it should be pronounced when used here on haineshisway.com) on purpose and has been since the first time I used it.

Thus ends my nitpick report.
You're right, I should have picked up on that.  I didn't, and I appologize.  Michael's writing style is quite different from yours, and I simply didn't recognize the phrase out of your context.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »

Many of us have indeed use the word "Sundried".  Some of us  prefer to spell "Apologise" with one "P" also. LOL
I blame ALL my poor spelling and bad grammar on poor proof reading skills!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2006, 01:35:49 PM »

...I'm going to need a new avatar.
Or maybe not, for another week.

We had our arranged meeting with the family.  Peggy was doing fine, getting along with everyone quite well.  The one catch was, she got loose twice during her stay with them.

For this reason, she's back with us...but just for a visit.

The family's other house, in PA, has about an acre of yard but no fence.  Heck, if she can jump a four-foot fence with the greatest of ease, and she can, the thought of her having no fences is a scary one indeed.  So the family is going to check on a few things, such as finding a proper chain that they can attach to her collar, so she will have access to their porch and yard whenever she is outside.

They also want to find a better collar for her than what she's been wearing.  Der B and I agree that this is a good idea.

Mom, who has shown dogs, also wants to find a good trainer for Peggy and her ten-year-old.  Which Mom said means someone who can train both Peggy and her ten-year-old.  The boy is clearly smitten with Peggy, but needs to learn how to assert himself with her, instead of letting her take the lead.  Heck, if he can learn how to be Alpha to Peggy, it will probably help him in other situations.

Like I said earlier, Peggy will be staying with us for another week.  So I guess my avatar doesn't need changing quite yet.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2006, 01:36:48 PM »

Many of us have indeed use the word "Sundried".  Some of us  prefer to spell "Apologise" with one "P" also. LOL
I blame ALL my poor spelling and bad grammar on poor proof reading skills!
Not on Jose?

Tomovoz

« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2006, 01:45:39 PM »

And speaking of stowing thrones in grass houses - I  "hear" a connection twixt Philip Glass and Mike Oldfied - but Oldfield is not pretentious!!  I like much of Oldfield's work. Horses and courses I guess.

My poor proof reading skills I blame on Jose. LOL
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2006, 02:04:04 PM »

DR MattH I have a question for you. My sister's UPN station has a basketball this wednesday (during veronica mars). I know you've mentioned your station does this too.  So when should i look for the show to be on?  My tv only has till tues.  Will it be on wed after the game? Or some other day!  I can't believe they are doing this for the first new show! :(

If my local station preempts it, they usually replay it at 11:30 p.m. (or later) depending on how late the game goes. The UPN station here is not equipped to record high def shows in high def (weird since my DVR can do it), so I have to watch them in standard definition when this happens.

I read TV Week this morning, and I don't remember seeing that VERONICA was not going to be shown here, but, of course, it certainly could happen.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2006, 02:05:33 PM »

And speaking of stowing thrones in grass houses - I  "hear" a connection twixt Philip Glass and Mike Oldfied - but Oldfield is not pretentious!!  I like much of Oldfield's work. Horses and courses I guess.

My poor proof reading skills I blame on Jose. LOL
I love Oldfield!  Have for decades!  It's sad that, here in the USA, his work has never been widely enjoyed.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2006, 02:09:27 PM »

I had a nice afternoon of video treats.

First up was two episodes from CSI: MIAMI, one of which involved an officer shooting by a teenaged Bonnie and Clyde. Most entertaining was the girl's soccer mom who insisted that her daughter couldn't POSSIBLY be mixed up in such a thing.

Reminds me of some parents I had to deal with who inisisted their child never lied or did anything dishonest after they had fed them a long line of lies about doing homework (when I said they hadn't)  and my putting things on tests we hadn't covered in class. Always gave me great satisfaction to present the evidence to the parents and watch them then turn to their child for an explanation after sitting there with egg on their faces.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2006, 02:10:58 PM »

Found this on another website - too much of it is too true!

25 SIGNS YOU HAVE GROWN UP

1. Your house plants are healthy, and you can't smoke any of them.

2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.

3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.

6. You watch the Weather Channel.

7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "break up."

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 7.

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."

10. You're the one calling the police because those &%&@#ing kids next door won't turn down the stereo.

11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.

12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.

13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.

14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.

15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.

16. You take naps.

17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.

19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and\ pregnancy tests.

20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff."

21.You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

22. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.

24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.

25. When you find out your friend is pregnant you Congratulate them instead of asking "Oh S*$# what the hell happened?"

Bonus:
26: You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn'tapply to you and can't find one to save your sorry old butt.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2006, 02:13:24 PM »

Then I watched A FOREIGN AFFAIR. Dietrich definitely steals the movie. She can't make a move without all eyes on her. Everyone and everything else fades into oblivion.

And I was really shocked at Wilder's rather scathing (and unapologetic) view of American GIs as shills at the expense of a conquered people. I suspect in 1948 America, this was not a popular stance to take.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2006, 02:16:43 PM »

Reminds me of some parents I had to deal with who inisisted their child never lied or did anything dishonest after they had fed them a long line of lies about doing homework (when I said they hadn't)  and my putting things on tests we hadn't covered in class. Always gave me great satisfaction to present the evidence to the parents and watch them then turn to their child for an explanation after sitting there with egg on their faces.
Ah, but do you remember being the one doing the lying to your parents?

I remember hiding a bad report card from my parents for about a month.  Not one of my finer moments (but I was something like seven at the time).

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2006, 02:19:40 PM »

The West Coast version of WILL & GRACE followed. As what happened before when a live show was done, the studio audience for the second show was infinitely more responsive than the audience for the first show. Quite a few jokes were changed, a couple added, all of which made for a better show.

The pill bottle sight gag worked like a charm on the East Coast and failed miserably on the West Coast while the poor actors stood there at sea without anything to do. (Eric McCormack's ad-lib about KING KONG got lost amid the floundering.)

Thanks again to DR George for making this version available to me.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2006, 02:21:20 PM »

Ah, but do you remember being the one doing the lying to your parents?

I remember hiding a bad report card from my parents for about a month.  Not one of my finer moments (but I was something like seven at the time).

All kids lie; that's what they do when they're in trouble, but I never lied about school. My mom was a teacher, and my dad was on the school board and knew every teacher and principal (and superintendent) personally. No way I could get away with anything.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2006, 02:25:01 PM »

I didn't get to HOSTAGE, but since COLD CASE is a rerun tonight (and I've seen it), I should be able to get HOSTAGE watched before DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES/LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT come on.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2006, 02:32:02 PM »

I just read on the internet that NBC has canceled THE WEST WING. It will end its 7th and last season in May.

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2006, 02:51:04 PM »

Hello DR Danise. Good to see you on line.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2006, 02:55:02 PM »

There will be a battle re TV tonight.  On the one hand, der B has shows he wants to record/watch.

On the other hand, Iron Chef America is new, and I'll want to watch that.

Most couples argue about money, we argue about TV time.  Go figure.   :-\

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2006, 03:11:09 PM »

Since we are already praying for Rosemary's Baby, could we also pray for the Seattle Seahawks!

(No offense to Carolina fans)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2006, 03:17:59 PM »

The Seattle SeaHawks are having a baby?

What's the due-date?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up