Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: ST. VITUS'S DANCE  (Read 20631 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
ST. VITUS'S DANCE
« on: January 25, 2006, 12:32:22 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were excruciatingly arch, and now it is time for you to post until the excruciatingly arch cows come home.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 12:12:19 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:ST. VITUS'S DANCE
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 12:35:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: RECIPROCITY!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 01:00:05 AM »

And the word of the day is: RECIPROCITY!

Oh yes, reciprocity and the fact that one does the shudders after having to fill out reciprocity forms for workstudy students from Minnesota!!!

Matt's fan board has been busy planning something...

Continued broken leg vibes for the play!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 01:02:50 AM »

BK, have you ever seen the northern lights?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ben

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 05:00:12 AM »

We were in Cardiff for a day and a half and then returned to Dublin before returning home.

There was a statue near our apartment called The Millennium Child. We walked past it every day going in and out of City Centre in Dublin. This is a picture of Anthony frolicking with the children.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 05:11:08 AM »

One of the last things we did was tour the Guinness Brewery Storehouse. Every single person we talked to both here and abroad said it was a highlight of Dublin. Unfortunately, I think there was too much build up. It was nowhere near a highlight, in fact we both found it rather boring. Unless you want a free pint of Guinness (which isn't really free because you have to buy tickets for the tour, self-guided with video by the way, which cost 14.50 Euro) and want to see Dublin from the seventh floor of the Storehouse, I would say skip it.

If you look very closely at my avatar you will see it came from the following picture.

This is a picture of me with a glass of the brew. Not being much of a drinker I must say Guinness is not to my taste. Most of the Irish love it and my father thought it was a special treat. Oh, well. Horse races.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:16:58 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 05:14:00 AM »

We were very lucky with the weather. It was almost always nice if not flat out gorgeous. It was December but it was never "cold" in Dublin. The temperatures ranged from 45 to 60 degrees. It was cold in Cardiff, even though it was just a hop across the Irish Sea. This picture of me is from the one rainy day we had in Dublin. We went to a park near one of the branches of the Irish National Gallery to see the statue of Oscar Wilde. I'm wearing sun glasses even though it's raining because at one point in the day there was very bright sun.

Oscar and me in the park on a rainy day.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:14:43 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 05:18:38 AM »

And finally, the end of our Dublin/Cardiff adventure. It's just a picture taken out the window of our plane as we leave Dublin. It's amazing how green everything is on December 31st. If you're there in the spring, summer and fall it's even a brighter green.

Goodbye to our wonderful adventure. It was a highlight, not just of 2005 but for many years.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 05:19:01 AM »

Hello, Dear Larry and Michael

Michael

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 05:19:56 AM »

The Von Trappe GRANDCHILD are coming to Florida for a concert.
I think BK should record them. ;D
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 05:20:32 AM »

Hello Ben and Larry.

Off to work early Ta Ta
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 05:21:21 AM »

Jason, many good thoughts and vibes to you

A virtual hug {Jason}

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 05:21:45 AM »

Good morning, all!  I was going to play in Toyland today, but I think I will chill out here, work on a chart for Mr Ron Raines, tidy up the apartment, and generally take it easy.  I do have to hit the NYPL Music Collection around noon, and I am looking forward to that.

DRJoey, welcome back!  
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOD VIBES TO DR JASON!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/size][/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 05:27:02 AM »

Wednesday greetings!  I'm enjoying my morning before going to work at noon to teach Grantseeking Basics this afternoon.

Ben, thanks for sharing your pictures with us!

Vibes for Jason - please keep in touch.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 05:28:09 AM »

'morning, DR elmore.  Wish I could go to the NYPL with you!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 05:32:11 AM »

I want to know who this exceedingly Arch fellow is, and why he's getting all the attention.  Exceedingly George and Exceedingly Bertie are jealous.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 05:49:41 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !   HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DP (Dear Performer) Juliana A. Hansen  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 05:52:35 AM »

As Florence Henderson used to sing:

The chicken's got a certain
Reciprocity!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 05:58:55 AM »

Question for BK--do you have any plans to publish DECEIT? (I know I would love to read it.)

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 06:04:41 AM »

One of my favorite movies is Raiders Of The Excruciatingly Arch.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 06:14:50 AM »

From the moment the Brandenburg Gate saw the picture of L'Arc de Triomphe, it understood that they were fated to be arch rivals.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jason

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 06:26:40 AM »

Thank you all for your messages, emails and positive vibes. I slept in...well, overslept...this morning. My body just didn't want to get out of bed today, so I just called work and told them I'd be about an hour late.

So far today feels good. There again, I haven't been in the office to face all of them and their questions yet.

Happy Birthday to Juliana!!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 06:28:02 AM »

I read the notes BECAUSE of the excruciatingly arch writing style!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 06:29:28 AM »

Thank you all for your messages, emails and positive vibes. I slept in...well, overslept...this morning. My body just didn't want to get out of bed today, so I just called work and told them I'd be about an hour late.

So far today feels good. There again, I haven't been in the office to face all of them and their questions yet.

Happy Birthday to Juliana!!

Give them a highly melodramatic answer to their questions.  They'll be so shocked you'll be treated gently the rest of your stay at MTI.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jason

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2006, 06:30:09 AM »

My horoscope for the day seems terribly a propos:

Taking a risk will be the best way to leap over the obstacles in your way right now.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2006, 06:30:25 AM »

I read the notes BECAUSE of the excruciatingly arch writing style!

Some days the arches of my feet are excruciating.  And my favorite song from SEVENTEEN is "Reciprocity."

Jason

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 06:31:24 AM »

Give them a highly melodramatic answer to their questions.  They'll be so shocked you'll be treated gently the rest of your stay at MTI.

So you're asking me to tell them the truth?  :-\ Or should I present a completely false, really insignificant answer in a highly melodramatic way? I think that'd be more fun... :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 06:32:37 AM by Jason »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 06:42:38 AM »

So you're asking me to tell them the truth?  :-\ Or should I present a completely false, really insignificant answer in a highly melodramatic way? I think that'd be more fun... :D

Tell them that you were suddenly overwhelmed by Carrot Stick Girl's absence.  :)
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 07:18:09 AM »

Today is National Irish Coffee Day.

Do they serve this at Starbucks?   ::)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2006, 07:18:25 AM »

Tell them that you were suddenly overwhelmed by Carrot Stick Girl's absence.  :)

That's good.  Tell them you are having withdrawal from the absence of crunching sounds emanating from the next cubicle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up