Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MY BACK IS KILLING ME  (Read 26491 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:MY BACK IS KILLING ME
« Reply #240 on: January 26, 2006, 08:13:17 PM »

Great, DRCILLA LIZ....I am so excited for you.  We must HAVE photos!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #241 on: January 26, 2006, 08:14:05 PM »

Mancini soundtrack to THE THIEF WHO CAME TO DINNER featuring Ryan O'Neal and Warren Oates available for free download here:

http://www.basichip.com/

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #242 on: January 26, 2006, 08:14:48 PM »

Work and study vibes for DR TPUNK.

And now thanks to DR RODZINSKI I am intrigued....INTRIGUED mind you....that there was/is a place called Costella's Chalet featuring the Bob Judd Quartet.....clarinet, accordion, keyboard....and ???....guitar?  Can't tell from the photos on the front, but those are nifty tuxes to be shur!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #243 on: January 26, 2006, 08:17:16 PM »

Allison Hayes Dance!   :o

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #244 on: January 26, 2006, 08:18:10 PM »

I think it was in this interview that Miss Hayes declared that she looked forward one day to playing Shaw's St. Joan on the Broadway stage.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2006, 08:18:17 PM »

Had a nice conversation with the fella tonight, and our lunch is indeed on for tomorrow, but it's to be an early lunch (11:30) due to work and the necessity of getting home and changed to go to some awards dinner tomorrow night.

He's got something Saturday night, too, so looks like we won't be spending much alone time this weekend unless he wants to do something Sunday. I have no problem with his crowded schedule. When I worked, I was just as busy and had very little free time (one reason I never seemed to stay with anyone for very long; just didn't have the time for the relationship.) Now that I have mostly free time, I am certainly willing to wait and to conform to his schedule.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2006, 08:18:47 PM »

Alas the ambition did not come to fruition.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #247 on: January 26, 2006, 08:20:22 PM »

DR TCB - Sajid Kahn is probably best known to American audiences for his appearance in the movie MAYA - with costar Jay North (who had a nude in the film) - the film was the basis for a one season television series the next year....Jay was not naked in the series.

He also guest starred on an episode of THE BIG VALLEY and a couple of others including THE MAN FROM UNCLE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #248 on: January 26, 2006, 08:21:12 PM »

An awards dinner - I hope he wins.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #249 on: January 26, 2006, 08:21:44 PM »

Print out Allison's picture and he can carry it for luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #250 on: January 26, 2006, 08:22:24 PM »

Time for to go to bed here in the EST zone.  For this guy anyway.

Jennifer

« Reply #251 on: January 26, 2006, 08:23:01 PM »

DR Cillaliz, so who did you vote for?

Or who did you think did the best?

I was very impressed with Drew Lachey. I thought he did the best.

And I thought Lisa Rinna was really good. I voted for her.

Matt H.

« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »

I thought tonight's WILL & GRACE was the funniest of the season. I laughed out loud several times and enjoyed the banter between the principals. Good show.

spoiler - - - -

I noticed on some kind of preview for the last episodes that Taye Diggs is coming back into Will's life. I liked him very much in THE SOUND OF MUSIC-themed episode, but I can't say that he and Eric McCormack had the same level of chemistry that he and Patrick Dempsey or he and Bobby Cannavale had. Anyway, looks like Taye's character is who Will is going to end up with. No real complaints - just a tiny bit of disappointment.

At least Will isn't ending up with Jack as a partner.

Jennifer

« Reply #253 on: January 26, 2006, 08:26:53 PM »

Geez, I am hungry. And I just realized why. i ate dinner before 5pm! :(

Matt H.

« Reply #254 on: January 26, 2006, 08:28:07 PM »

Print out Allison's picture and he can carry it for luck.

Thanks for reminding me to ask him if he knows who she is. I have forgotten every single time we've been together or talked together.

Matt H.

« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2006, 08:33:08 PM »

FOUR KINGS had the wittiest and most engaging episode of its run thus far. The Josh Cooke-Seth Green story was silly, but the other two guys had a funny gym encounter in which glances were stoken at each other's, well, endowments, and the rest of their story revolved around puns and witticisms relating to their sizes or lack thereof. Also, there were some funny graphic jokes on building charts that resembled human anatomy, too.

This was the first episode that led me to think this show might develop into something fun and funny.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2006, 08:33:33 PM »

JRand, a little net research just told me that Costella's Chalet was located in a little town called Felton, CA, up in the Santa Cruz mountains, not too far from where I bought that LP. The Chalet was in business from 1941-84.

You know, I remember now that I saw another album by the Bob Judd Quartet on another visit, and I cannot remember if I bought it or not. I think I didn't.

Cillaliz

« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2006, 08:34:06 PM »

DANCING WITH STARS SPOILERS>>>>>>>WELL AT LEAST CHAT ABOUT IT

DR Cillaliz, so who did you vote for?

Or who did you think did the best?

I was very impressed with Drew Lachey. I thought he did the best.

And I thought Lisa Rinna was really good. I voted for her.

I wasn't going to vote for anyone, but the vote sways this show so much that I decided to vote for Lisa Rinna, too.   She is working so hard and did a great job.

Hmm who did the best... I think I agree on Drew.  I didn't like the dances tonight as well. I guess from now on they have to do 2 a week, that will probably make a big difference.  

Matt H.

« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2006, 08:34:50 PM »

MY NAME IS EARL also had a funny one this week as Earl tried to make amends to a friend who was on his way to prison. Once again, innocent brother Randy (Ethan Suplee) had some hilarious moments as he tried to find a job that would be his "purpose in life."

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2006, 08:35:26 PM »

Well, I'm going to get ready to get some sleep. Another early morning at the office

Matt H.

« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2006, 08:38:09 PM »

CRUMBS wasn't particularly funny, but it had some poignant moments involving the ever-troubled Jane Curtin character.

I do not like how Fred Savage's character has morphed into kind of the family punching bag taking their abuse and potshots. I don't find their picking on him funny and am longing to see him stand his ground and shake off the guilt trips they're constantly hanging on him.

Matt H.

« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »

And WITHOUT A TRACE had a very involving episode as the FBI team looked for a missing middle school teacher along with one of her students.

As usual, what appeared to be going on was not the case at all, and the case became much more interesting as we delved into the sad backgrounds of both missing people.

Matt H.

« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2006, 08:40:26 PM »

DR Ron, how was tonight's SMALLVILLE?

Jennifer

« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2006, 08:48:53 PM »

DANCING WITH STARS SPOILERS>>>>>>>WELL AT LEAST CHAT ABOUT ITI wasn't going to vote for anyone, but the vote sways this show so much that I decided to vote for Lisa Rinna, too.   She is working so hard and did a great job.

Hmm who did the best... I think I agree on Drew.  I didn't like the dances tonight as well. I guess from now on they have to do 2 a week, that will probably make a big difference.  

It drives me crazy that they don't put up the placings at the end of the show like they did last year. Bunching everyone together (when they have different scores) is so annoying.

Really though the first place team cannot go.  The only way they can go is if the last place team gets the most votes, the 2nd to last gets second most and so on.   It would also take a lot for the 2nd place team to go.

It has to be the one of the last 3 teams. But really all the lowest team needs to do to stay is get  more fan votes than the team right in front of them.

Hope that made sense.

Yeah I like Lisa's attitude as well. And she is so busy.  I love how excited she gets as she improves each week. She is really most improved. Stacey on the other hand seems to stay at the same level.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2006, 08:56:21 PM »

Kenyon Hopkins fans, two rare TV soundtracks available for free download here:

http://www.yourpaldoug.com/

EAST SIDE/WEST SIDE starring George C. Scott
and THE REPORTER starring Don Scardino

Matt H.

« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2006, 08:57:11 PM »

Guess I'll head down to bed now.

Good night, everyone! Enjoy the rest of the evening.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2006, 09:00:07 PM »

Speaking of questionable books, the flap over James Frey's A Million Little Pieces rages on.  Apparently he was on Oprah today and she raked him over the coals and tonight Larry King had an interesting panel of memoirists and others discussing the implications for the publishing world and the recovery world.  The librarian listservs are full of discussions about whether or not we should reclassify the book from nonfiction to fiction.

I really wanted to see that. I like some of hte interviews she does and I have read a number of her books on her bookclub lists.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »

It drives me crazy that they don't put up the placings at the end of the show like they did last year. Bunching everyone together (when they have different scores) is so annoying.

Really though the first place team cannot go.  The only way they can go is if the last place team gets the most votes, the 2nd to last gets second most and so on.   It would also take a lot for the 2nd place team to go.

It has to be the one of the last 3 teams. But really all the lowest team needs to do to stay is get  more fan votes than the team right in front of them.

Hope that made sense.

Yeah I like Lisa's attitude as well. And she is so busy.  I love how excited she gets as she improves each week. She is really most improved. Stacey on the other hand seems to stay at the same level.

I saw a bit of Dancing with the Stars and I do have to say, Lisa has impressed me. It just bugs me that they call her a soap diva.....

She is a decent actress but in my book she never reached that level. A diva would be on the par of Ericka Slezak, Susan Lucci, Melody Scott Thomas, Phyllis Stafford, Susan Flannery and a number of others... Lisa just does not have that body of work.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 09:14:45 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2006, 09:08:16 PM »

Jason - Have a great time in DC.

FJL

« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2006, 09:13:13 PM »

Rodzinski - Glad someone else remembers the Hollisters.  

And I also remember the "movies" that were really TV series episodes, but also sometimes just failed pilots that were being unloaded.  

(Although what really got to me were the often lame pilots that found their way into LOVE AMERICAN STYLE, which at a certain age I thought was usually the height of naughty sophistication.)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up