Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MY BACK IS KILLING ME  (Read 26492 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:MY BACK IS KILLING ME
« Reply #270 on: January 26, 2006, 09:25:57 PM »

Yeah, LOVE AMERICAN STYLE was far over my head. But reruns were shown right in the middle of the day on WGN TV in Chicago, so I watched...and learned.

FJL

« Reply #271 on: January 26, 2006, 09:28:44 PM »

With the TOD being detectives, my favorite song about "private eyes" - does anybody else remember:

I hear talk, I hear the writings on the wall
Too many private eyes and party lines
Secret signs

FJL

« Reply #272 on: January 26, 2006, 09:30:31 PM »

I never understood that song, but it seemed to play a lot in special interest establishments, and could make a good PAGE 10 DANCE.

FJL

« Reply #273 on: January 26, 2006, 09:32:33 PM »

And for crying out loud, they even had the pilot for the TV Barefoot in the Park on LOVE AMERICAN STYLE.  

FJL

« Reply #274 on: January 26, 2006, 09:34:29 PM »

And the pilot for Happy Days (the Gary Marshall Happy Days, not the Beckett Happy Days)

FJL

« Reply #275 on: January 26, 2006, 09:42:31 PM »

Just got kicked off very mysteriously.  Logged in again just to say that.  And to say goodnight.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #276 on: January 26, 2006, 09:46:03 PM »

Just got kicked off very mysteriously.  Logged in again just to say that.  And to say goodnight.  

DR FJL, keep your gremlins to your self.... LOL!!!  8)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jason

« Reply #277 on: January 26, 2006, 09:52:12 PM »

Speaking of weird TV shows (but not really), a friend of mine just acquired some videos of an old Phyllis Diller show called "The Pruitts of Southampton." Anyone remember it? I watched the opening credits and had to walk away - it's just awful. Even the theme song is terrible...

"Howdja do? Howdja do? Howdja do, my friend..."

ARGH!!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #278 on: January 26, 2006, 11:01:55 PM »

Rodzinski, twas indeed the production I was in.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2006, 11:10:26 PM »

Speaking of weird TV shows (but not really), a friend of mine just acquired some videos of an old Phyllis Diller show called "The Pruitts of Southampton." Anyone remember it? I watched the opening credits and had to walk away - it's just awful. Even the theme song is terrible...

"Howdja do? Howdja do? Howdja do, my friend..."

ARGH!!

One of the strangest show I have ever seen and I even have it on tape yet.... It is a british comedy called "Hot Metal"  It is a parody of the Fleet Street gossip rags... It was weird....

The other odd one was  a locally produced show of oddities and ghosts in  ND. They actually had a feature on a guys' gas can collection. Some of the other oddities included the hole to hell,  The Wolfe  family murders,  The pagoda, The Giant gascan pile (in Casselton and it is still standing.) North DAkota's contribution to the wonders of roadside attractions that include Salem Sue and the Jamestown Buffalo.  It was strange....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2006, 11:42:05 PM »

FOUR KINGS had the wittiest and most engaging episode of its run thus far. The Josh Cooke-Seth Green story was silly, but the other two guys had a funny gym encounter in which glances were stoken at each other's, well, endowments, and the rest of their story revolved around puns and witticisms relating to their sizes or lack thereof. Also, there were some funny graphic jokes on building charts that resembled human anatomy, too.

This was the first episode that led me to think this show might develop into something fun and funny.

Darn.  I've been watching (and somewhat enjoying) this show, but I forgot to set my VCR to tape anything tonight. :(

My niece and I went to Seattle to see a screening of the independent (British) movie, Imagine Me & You.  It's a movie about a woman who, on her wedding day (as she's walking down the aisle, actually) makes eye contact with the person who did the flowers and instantly connects...in a way that one shouldn't when one is walking down the aisle to get married.  She does get married, but starts to question her feelings because the flower person is another woman!  It's about how the new bride examines her feelings and relationship and realizes that she does indeed fall in love with this other woman.  It's a very cute movie, but nothing incredibly special.  It's almost like it's a light-hearted lesbian romantic comedy version of "Brokeback Mountain."  Almost, but not quite. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2006, 11:47:40 PM »

Back from the show.  Smallish audience, but a very good one, one of our best, in fact.  The show was mostly good, although plagued with fumfered lines.  

I just read over the two promo spots, and I think I'm pretty happy with them - they read very well, and I tweaked just a couple of things in each - off they'll go in the morning.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #282 on: January 26, 2006, 11:49:02 PM »

Oy. What a day. Mostly wasted. I spent from 8:30 a.m.  to midnight trying to get the office printer to print out 250 newsletters. I only got about half done. It's a terrible piece of very expensive office equipment. Don't buy a Ricoh.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 11:49:18 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #283 on: January 26, 2006, 11:52:50 PM »

After the movie, my niece and I went to Barnes & Noble and I bought the movie soundtrack to "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever."  I thought I had it on CD, but I'm not sure.  I know I have the OBC.  It was cheap, so I got it anyway.

When I got home, I checked my mail and received two, count 'em TWO, packages from fellow HHWers!!  I totally did not expect them.  One was from François and the other was from Tomovoz!  Thank you both!  That was so very kind. :-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #284 on: January 26, 2006, 11:54:58 PM »

Oy. What a day. Mostly wasted. I spent from 8:30 a.m.  to midnight trying to get the office printer to print out 250 newsletters. I only got about half done. It's a terrible piece of very expensive office equipment. Don't buy a Ricoh.

(((DR DRLaura))))   I feel your pain... Where i work got rid of all of their Ricohs due to the problems they were having with them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #285 on: January 26, 2006, 11:57:11 PM »

Back from the show.  Smallish audience, but a very good one, one of our best, in fact.  The show was mostly good, although plagued with fumfered lines.  

I just read over the two promo spots, and I think I'm pretty happy with them - they read very well, and I tweaked just a couple of things in each - off they'll go in the morning.

I am glad the play went relatively well!!

Good luck with the meeting tomorrow and knock 'em dead!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2006, 12:02:58 AM »

(((DR DRLaura))))   I feel your pain... Where i work got rid of all of their Ricohs due to the problems they were having with them.

NOW you tell me!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2006, 12:03:46 AM »

After the movie, my niece and I went to Barnes & Noble and I bought the movie soundtrack to "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever."  I thought I had it on CD, but I'm not sure.  I know I have the OBC.  It was cheap, so I got it anyway.

When I got home, I checked my mail and received two, count 'em TWO, packages from fellow HHWers!!  I totally did not expect them.  One was from François and the other was from Tomovoz!  Thank you both!  That was so very kind. :-*

DR GEorge, do u live near Seattle?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2006, 12:04:46 AM »

NOW you tell me!

I am sorry....

Now the next to for the place to get rid of would be Peoplesoft.... GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George

« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2006, 12:06:32 AM »

DR GEorge, do u live near Seattle?

I live in Olympia, WA, about an hour or so south of Seattle.  DRs Jed, Ann and TCB all live in Tacoma (but not all together).  That's about halfway between Seattle and Olympia.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2006, 12:09:28 AM »

I live in Olympia, WA, about an hour or so south of Seattle.  DRs Jed, Ann and TCB all live in Tacoma (but not all together).  That's about halfway between Seattle and Olympia.

I have rellies in the Seattle and Bellingham area. I have been to Seattle once and up to Vancouver BC.  I do have a cousin who is a geologist and does a lot of work on earthquakes up in that area.  

George

« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2006, 12:14:03 AM »

I graduated from Western Washington University in Bellingham!  What a coinkydink! ;D

George

« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2006, 12:14:51 AM »

Where do you live, DakotaCelt?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2006, 12:16:47 AM »

Where do you live, DakotaCelt?

Fargo, North Dakota  .... In the Buffalo Commons!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2006, 12:17:28 AM »

I graduated from Western Washington University in Bellingham!  What a coinkydink! ;D

Seriously considered going there to get my masters in history...

George

« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2006, 12:18:03 AM »

Fargo, North Dakota  .... In the Buffalo Commons!!

Ahhh...never been there and don't intend to.  No offense. ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:18:33 AM by George »

George

« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2006, 12:19:36 AM »

Seriously considered going there to get my masters in history...

I got my BA (not to be confused with a bare ass :o) ) in music.

George

« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2006, 12:19:48 AM »

;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2006, 12:20:21 AM »

.... and i dont blame ya

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2006, 12:22:09 AM »

What a lovely number of postings we had today - and such excellent content, too.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up