Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: BELLY DANCING  (Read 25452 times)

Tomovoz

Re:BELLY DANCING
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2006, 08:51:13 PM »

Emma Goldman had quite an influence on Musical theatre it seems - Ragtime, Assassins and Tintypes.
Noticed only one film bio - outrageously expensive!! Why I wonder? Was it not on general release?  Something about a very dangerous woman.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2006, 08:53:25 PM »

"Emma Goldman - An Exceedingly Dangerous Woman".

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2006, 09:29:39 PM »

Emma Goldman had quite an influence on Musical theatre it seems - Ragtime, Assassins and Tintypes.
Noticed only one film bio - outrageously expensive!! Why I wonder? Was it not on general release?  Something about a very dangerous woman.

She was also portrayed in REDS by Maureen Stapleton.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2006, 09:31:20 PM »

I only spent 6 hours today trying to print the newsletter. Add that to the 13 hours yesterday. All to get 200 newsletters.  I gave up and ran most of the black and white copies on the 8-year-old copy machine, which never gives me any problems.  The longer the Ricoh printed, the worse the quality became. I shall be sending a copy to Ricoh.

Mother of Mercy! Is this the end of Ricoh?

(well, someone had to say it...)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Tomovoz

« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2006, 09:31:56 PM »

Forgot that - I've not seen REDS since its release at the movies. Thanks DtM
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2006, 09:54:58 PM »

Good Evening!

A very nice evening.  I stayed awake!  ;)

-And my brother and his wife and their son, my nephew, came to see the show tonight.  They all loved it.  John Michael was very interested in seeing where Uncle Jojo worked, so after the show, I gave him a tour of the pit, and he even got to get a sense of the view from the podium.  -And he was also sort of star-struck afterwards meeting everyone in the show.  Very cute!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2006, 09:57:14 PM »

And, yes, DR Jason made it into DC safe and sound.  And the timing was perfect.  I happened to spot his bus turning the corner as I was coming into Chinatown, so I was able to pick him up right when he got it.

-And we just got back from a late night dinner.  -Tex-Mex Eggrolls(!), French Toast, Eggs, Bacon, Clam Chowder, and a Club Sandwich.  Each!  Not!  ;)  Very good food, and very generous portions.

And now...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2006, 09:57:51 PM »

We're both a bit tired.  I know I am... So...  I shall get a decent night's sleep and let Jason post a post or two.  I think...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2006, 10:04:00 PM »

I don't know how much I'm actually going to post - I'm a bit tired, myself. But I'm here safe and sound and my tummy is full, so I think we're both off to our respective beds.

And have I mentioned how skinny DR Jose has gotten? I'm jealous....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2006, 10:41:08 PM »

I just potponed my visit with Mr Tom Jones and his family till next week:  too much to do this afternon before my trip to the Village tonight.  I had a lovely two hours at the NYPL Music Collection looking at the new Kurt Weill Edition and critical notes.  Wednesday, I looked at the new partitur of THE FIREBRAND OF FLORENCE  and today was the new edition of DIE DREIGROSCHENOPER.  Tomorrow, I need to look over the critical notes to each set.

DR MBarnum, I just caught a bit of PASSIONS, the world's most inane and badly written soap opera, and they had a Bollywood fantasy sequence.  The actors on this show are so grade D that you'll want to interview every one of them some day.

DR Elmore I want to kiss your hand about your comment about Passions. James E. Reilly also writes Days and what he has done to that shoe is almost just as bad. I dislike the show Passions!!  Many fans of Days dispises Reilly with  venom that is amazing. I am amazed that NBC keeps him on for both Passions and that Ken Corday keeps him on at Days......

I have seen better written fanfcitions than what he has put on the screen. You are generous with the D... I would give his writing an F.  
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2006, 10:46:09 PM »

Bk, did you say you were going to the Ray Courts show today?  When did they start doing Friday?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2006, 10:47:36 PM »

There is news on the locals news of an accident on the set of an ABC soap opera....anyone know any details.  My guess is someone sprained an ankle...

There was an explosion on the set of All My Children and four stunt people were injured. All have been released from the hospital and two had to have stitches....  

They were filming and explosion scene and something backfired... Thank god they were not more severely injured and the fire was put out.

Matt Ashford nearly escaped death on Days when he missed a cue. He does a lot of his own stunts on the show and he did not get out of the car fast enough as it filled iwth water.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 10:50:41 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: January 27, 2006, 10:50:16 PM »

Who are we going to bitch-slap?

I can think of a number of people. ... I am sure Ann would like to slap a few also but she is too classy a person and will rise above the trivolous garbage that former coworkers have wrought....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2006, 10:52:13 PM »

I only spent 6 hours today trying to print the newsletter. Add that to the 13 hours yesterday. All to get 200 newsletters.  I gave up and ran most of the black and white copies on the 8-year-old copy machine, which never gives me any problems.  The longer the Ricoh printed, the worse the quality became. I shall be sending a copy to Ricoh.

I agree, i think they need to know your frustration and dissatisfaction of their product and what their product is producing.... Good luck in your battle with them!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2006, 10:53:10 PM »

102 days with no rain, and none in sight.

Not good DR DRLaura!!

I send rain vibes and hope you get some soon. The same goes to Tomovoz

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2006, 10:56:18 PM »

Ann, the back-stabbers now will destroy each other.  Mark my words.  Your better job is waiting for you.  :)

Ann, I totally agree with JMK... Backstabbers will eventually turn on themsleves.... something better awaits for you. I wish you all the best on a new adventure....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2006, 10:59:37 PM »

More vibes to Ann.  I have had many glasses of wine tonight, so of course that puts me in a mood to lend advice, but much of what you said reminds of my situation at Disney.  I think because I was taken by surprise I didn't do what I would have advised others to do.  If I had it to do over, I would have reminded myself that I had nothing to lose, I would have documented all of the conversations I had had, and I would have asked them to put their offer in writing.  It's to their advantage to have you exit gracefully - if it's possible, get them to pay for that grace, and then collect unemployment.

TPUNK, taht is a good advice.... I have done taht also for I have learned a lesson similar from the past... I am careful now but I will not let people like tha destory me for they have to live with themselves and there will come atime when they will have to take an accounting of their actions. Someday and someplace it will bite them right in butt...  You always reap what you sow....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2006, 11:03:32 PM »

Dill Pickle flavored Lay's potato chips are excellent.  That is my other piece of advice.

YES, YES, YES!  But where do you find them?  We had them in grocery stores here last year in September or October, but they were labeled "Limited" and disappeared.

Can't find 'em any place.

I put 'em on hamburgers!!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #258 on: January 27, 2006, 11:05:46 PM »

Rodzinski is sick and I have to be up in 8 hours, I should really get to bed.

I guess everything isn't beautiful at the ballet!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2006, 11:08:06 PM »

Who are we going to bitch-slap?

Oh...let's go crazy and let EVERYbody get one!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: January 28, 2006, 12:02:44 AM »

Back from a late supper with the darling daughter.  Must now write the notes.

Pogue: Yes, once before they did Fri and Sat because something was booked into the hotel on Sunday.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: January 28, 2006, 12:04:39 AM »

YES, YES, YES!  But where do you find them?  We had them in grocery stores here last year in September or October, but they were labeled "Limited" and disappeared.

Can't find 'em any place.

I put 'em on hamburgers!!!!

they are a regular item here....   We occaissionally have Ketchup potato chips, yes, ketchup
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 12:05:59 AM by DakotaCelt »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up