Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: ONLY TIME WILL TELL  (Read 24287 times)

MBarnum

Re:ONLY TIME WILL TELL
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2006, 09:20:13 PM »

Today I received a Bollywood movie that was evidently on backorder...I had forgotten it was on backorder and ordered it again this weekend from another company. Unfortunately it is now too late to cancel that DVD from the other company. So now I will have two, count 'em two, DVDs of a 1960s Bollywood movie about abortion and teenage hijinks...or vice versa.

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2006, 09:21:43 PM »

The really cool thing they left me was a folder with the history of the house written by a woman who's parents built the house in 1934 and whose family owned the house until 1960.  She's kept track of the people who have lived there over the years and visited a couple times. She writes for a newspaper in Greenville, TX. I have her name and email, so I'm going to write and tell her I'm there now and see what else she can tell me about the place

Oh, wow, that is so cool!

I would love to know who all lived in my house over the last 70 years of so.

MBarnum

« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2006, 09:24:05 PM »

HARE KANCH KI CHOORIYAN double dipped Bollywood DVD dance...

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2006, 09:37:20 PM »

I also want to give my congrats on this to you, DR George.  It's an awesome achievement!

And thank you!  I've been paying for four years without access to either of my credit cards.  Now that they're paid off, I want to get a new card with frequent flyer miles and start building some up.  My friend Margo has one and pays EVERYTHING with it...every time she goes out to eat, to the grocery, her daughter's college, she even pays her mortgage with it....everything.  I think I may have told this before, but last year, she and her three kids all flew to Hawaii for a week and a half (or so) for only $84!  Total (well, for the flight, anyway)!  That's what I want to do. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2006, 09:54:02 PM »

DR George.  Partner Colin and I are  flying to New York with frequnt flier points - We pay virtually every bill and groceries and petrol with Amex. The points are then transfered to Qantas. (My Amazon.com habit helps too!)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2006, 10:32:45 PM »

I don't know how it is that I have missed seeing any Kurosawa films in my lifetime! Well, I mean I saw part of RAN way back in the 1980s, but didn't really care much for it...so I guess that is why I never bothered to see any of his other films...but boy have I been missing out. I have several of Kurosawa's other films, all starring Toshiro Mifune, in my Netflix queue.

He is now my favorite Japanese director...after Inoshiro Honda, that is!  :D

Mr. Barnum, are you sure that your appreciation of these films doesn't have more to do with Mr. Mifune than it does with Mr. Kurosawa?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2006, 10:37:36 PM »

I have seen one of Akira Kurosawa's films, Ran ...

IT was not bad, rather enjoyed it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

I have just been mortally scarred. Just caught Jimmy Kimmel and Regis Philbin singing "BAby, Its Cold Outside." YIKES!!!!!!!!

I will take Christina and Matt Ashford's rendition any day.... AT least Christina can sing!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2006, 10:47:17 PM »

Back from the South Pacific screening, about which much more later in the notes.  I'm going to relax for a few moments before diving into them.

One amusing thing was the woman sitting in back of me - she tapped me on the shoulder and informed me that she'd seen me at Deceit last Thursday and even asked me a question.  I recognized her immediately.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2006, 10:59:22 PM »

bk - how does one get tickets for Deceit?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2006, 11:01:33 PM »

Back from the South Pacific screening, about which much more later in the notes.  I'm going to relax for a few moments before diving into them.

One amusing thing was the woman sitting in back of me - she tapped me on the shoulder and informed me that she'd seen me at Deceit last Thursday and even asked me a question.  I recognized her immediately.

What a small world.... A co-worker that jsut returned from LA saw Deceit also. She enjoyed it and thought Matt did quite well and had only heard of Matt Ashford from me...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up