Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: PITHY POSTS  (Read 23395 times)

Tomovoz

Re:PITHY POSTS
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2006, 11:34:18 PM »

Commercial shoot.. You're hunting Bear for $$ now?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2006, 11:42:33 PM »

Getting to the notes late - they'll probably be up by 12:15 or so, so keep on posting you dear, dear people out there in the dark.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2006, 11:47:55 PM »

Poor Smokey!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2006, 11:48:19 PM »

"Jump" George.

I did!! And they did!  And the whole audience did!  I'm back from seeing The Pointer Sisters in Concert.  I didn't get to see the entire concert.  I got to the theater at about 4:20 and the actual show didn't start until 8:00.  They had a gala pre-show dinner at 6:00 before the "regular" ticket holders were allowed in at 7:30.  I was cleaning up concessions at the beginning of the concert, then I got to see about the last 35 minutes and then I had to help with things going on after the concert.

CenterFest is the Washington Center for the Performing Arts' annunal fundraiser, so the gala events before and after the show were for people who paid a lot of money to the theater.  I brought my CD of Ain't Misbehavin' just in case, although I really didn't expect to be able to get it autographed.  But some of the ushers had to go backstage to help the performers and they were able to get it autographed for me!!  If my scanner worked (anyone know anything about a TWAIN driver??) I'd scan the cover, but it doesn't, so I can't...yet.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2006, 11:50:45 PM »

The three sisters are Anita, Ruth and June Pointer, but June wasn't there.  Anita's daughter Issa was the third part and she fit like a glove.  She's been with the group since 2002.  All three of them were amazing and it was also amazing that Ruth and Anita still had energy and talent and personality.  They interacted with the audience and even mentioned that they're glad to be in Olympia (sometimes performers look like they have no idea where they are).  According to an article in the local paper:

“The Sisters are particularly looking forward to the show in Olympia, because they have family in the area. Their brother, Aaron Pointer, is president of Metro Parks Tacoma.

“He and his family have been up there for 30 years,” she said. “He’s a wonderful young man, my older brother. We’ll see him at the concert and hang out afterward.”

I didn't get to meet them (they didn't come out to the lobby), but it was a great performance.  I got my CD signed and I got to see some of the concert...not all, but enough. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2006, 11:52:26 PM »

Click below for the article in The Olympian:

http://www.theolympian.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060202/ENT01/60202052&SearchID=73234585162496

They also sang the song from Belgium that they refer to in the article.  It's a nice song!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 11:53:38 PM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2006, 11:56:25 PM »

I did!! And they did!  And the whole audience did!  I'm back from seeing The Pointer Sisters in Concert.  I didn't get to see the entire concert.  I got to the theater at about 4:20 and the actual show didn't start until 8:00.  They had a gala pre-show dinner at 6:00 before the "regular" ticket holders were allowed in at 7:30.  I was cleaning up concessions at the beginning of the concert, then I got to see about the last 35 minutes and then I had to help with things going on after the concert.

CenterFest is the Washington Center for the Performing Arts' annunal fundraiser, so the gala events before and after the show were for people who paid a lot of money to the theater.  I brought my CD of Ain't Misbehavin' just in case, although I really didn't expect to be able to get it autographed.  But some of the ushers had to go backstage to help the performers and they were able to get it autographed for me!!  If my scanner worked (anyone know anything about a TWAIN driver??) I'd scan the cover, but it doesn't, so I can't...yet.

Glad you had had fun!!

I like the musical "Ain't Misbehavin"... It has a great rhythm..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2006, 11:56:39 PM »

And now to ketchup with the posts. ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2006, 11:57:09 PM »

The three sisters are Anita, Ruth and June Pointer, but June wasn't there.  Anita's daughter Issa was the third part and she fit like a glove.  She's been with the group since 2002.  All three of them were amazing and it was also amazing that Ruth and Anita still had energy and talent and personality.  They interacted with the audience and even mentioned that they're glad to be in Olympia (sometimes performers look like they have no idea where they are).  According to an article in the local paper:

“The Sisters are particularly looking forward to the show in Olympia, because they have family in the area. Their brother, Aaron Pointer, is president of Metro Parks Tacoma.

“He and his family have been up there for 30 years,” she said. “He’s a wonderful young man, my older brother. We’ll see him at the concert and hang out afterward.”

Neat... and a homecoming of sorts for them...

I didn't get to meet them (they didn't come out to the lobby), but it was a great performance.  I got my CD signed and I got to see some of the concert...not all, but enough. ;D

George

« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2006, 11:58:08 PM »

We will be very unhappy if COMMANDER IN CHIEF is cancelled.  The more we watch the show the more we like it.  We like the direction the show has taken and Sutherland’s character has more dimensions to it now.  Growth in the characters on a show is nice, keeps it from stagnating.

This is exactly how I feel.  I'm really enjoying it the more I watch it.  I hope it's able to make the cut next year.

Tomovoz

« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2006, 11:58:39 PM »

Was it one of Plastic Bertrand's songs? or by "Telex"?
They're the only Begium acts I remember other than The Singing Nun.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2006, 11:58:46 PM »

And now to ketchup with the posts. ;)

Have fun...

Want some fries with the Ketchup?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2006, 12:00:27 AM »

DR George, a question for you...

I know you work in a library, How does your library handle individuals with cell phones?

I am asking especially when itconcerns the circulation desk?

George

« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2006, 12:03:03 AM »

Was it one of Plastic Bertrand's songs? or by "Telex"?
They're the only Begium acts I remember other than The Singing Nun.

It's not really a Belian song.  According to the article in The Olympian:

The Pointers performed with Natalia, a finalist in a recent Belgian Idol competition. They also recorded “Sisters Are Doin’ It for Themselves” with the young singer, a longtime fan, and made a video.

“It’s on four and five times a day over there,” Pointer said.

“I see it all day, hear it on the radio, walking by stores it’s
being played.”

Tonight, they sang the song "Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves," without Natalia, of course. ;)

George

« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2006, 12:05:25 AM »

DR George, a question for you...

I know you work in a library, How does your library handle individuals with cell phones?

I am asking especially when itconcerns the circulation desk?

Well, actually, I don't work in a public branch.  I work in the administrative headquarters (the Service Center), so I don't deal with the public at all.  I have no idea how the front-line staff deal with things like that...if they do.  I could ask around and let you know, sometime next week, if you'd like.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 12:05:44 AM by George »

George

« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2006, 12:06:40 AM »

The one time that I actually did work in a public branch was when I was going to Western Washington University and I worked in the music library.  There were really no such things as cell phones back then. ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2006, 12:10:03 AM »

Notes are up five minutes ahead of schedule.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2006, 12:11:48 AM »

Well, actually, I don't work in a public branch.  I work in the administrative headquarters (the Service Center), so I don't deal with the public at all.  I have no idea how the front-line staff deal with things like that...if they do.  I could ask around and let you know, sometime next week, if you'd like.

I would be curious to hear... THe situation is getting really bad where I work and the students have absolutely no respect for the circulation staff... I almost am on the border of starting to treat them rudely.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2006, 12:12:25 AM »

Notes are up five minutes ahead of schedule.

Any way we can make my goal on this thread?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up