Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: DUMBFOUNDED  (Read 25633 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:DUMBFOUNDED
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2006, 09:31:44 PM »

DakotaCelt, I too, am a big Tom Baker fan. I think his were the first episodes regularly shown on my PBS, then they went back to some Pertwee episodes. Do you know the episode PYRAMIDS OF MARS? My absolute fave.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2006, 09:32:55 PM »

bk a what if question......

If you were to take Deceit and make it a movie where you would film it?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2006, 09:34:34 PM »

Rodzinski LP of the night. A goodie and a rarity, called RUDY VARON IS ALIVE AND SWINGING AT THE HOMOWACK LODGE—BUT NOT WELL

The Homowack Lodge was somewhere in the Catskills. I found this LP in the Poconos, however. Still wrapped. There is one great rendition of "Up Up and Away" that is quite fun.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2006, 09:35:42 PM »

It's funny that despite their best photographic efforts, they could not make the Homowack Lodge look nicer than a VA hospital.

MBarnum

« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2006, 09:41:38 PM »

HOMOWACK LODGE...I don't think I would want to go there...or maybe I would...I am so confused.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2006, 09:44:57 PM »

DakotaCelt, I too, am a big Tom Baker fan. I think his were the first episodes regularly shown on my PBS, then they went back to some Pertwee episodes. Do you know the episode PYRAMIDS OF MARS? My absolute fave.

I loved that story too until my VCR decided it was hungry and made mince meat out of it!!!

Our pbs station showed Doctor Who, Survivors, Blakes 7, Space Cops and Red dwarf. I  prefered Doctor Who...

My favorite Peter Davison story was Castrovalva and Black Orchid.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: February 15, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »

ARe u going to see the new stories on Scifi channel in March?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #247 on: February 15, 2006, 09:47:45 PM »

I have a new theme song for the night..... "Baby, It's cold outside"

It truly is cold, we have a -15 F. windchill!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #248 on: February 15, 2006, 09:55:06 PM »

Blakes 7. I used to really enjoy that. It was weird that the character of Blake disappeared pretty early on, never to return.

Red Dwarf, somebody lent me and I watched the first few series on video. It really grew on me. But Dr. Who was the best. Don't know if I'll tune in to see the new ones though. I never watched the post TB episodes.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2006, 10:03:01 PM »

Near as I can tell from our magical friend, the internet, the Homowack Lodge is still operational:

Homowack Lodge
Spring Glen, NY
330 rooms, Kosher, bowling, mini-golf, nightly entertainment, fitness and recreational facilities, and private lake for rowing. Pool, tennis, golf, fishing and nearby skiing. Handicapped accessible.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2006, 10:16:20 PM »

It's 10:15 p.m. (PST) and I'm still at work!  It's the final day to pay our bills for this month, but I haven't assembled everything that I've done, yet.  I guess I'm coming in real early tomorrow to do that!  It has to get done, and so it shall...just a little late. ;)

And now, to home.  Finally. :)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 10:17:18 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2006, 10:34:16 PM »

Blakes 7. I used to really enjoy that. It was weird that the character of Blake disappeared pretty early on, never to return.

Red Dwarf, somebody lent me and I watched the first few series on video. It really grew on me. But Dr. Who was the best. Don't know if I'll tune in to see the new ones though. I never watched the post TB episodes.

I taped a lot of Blake's 7, Survivors, and Red Dwarf when it was broadcast here. I have a lot of DW stories also... I was not impressed with Colin Baker as the Doctor.

To me the best ones were Perwee, Tom Baker and Davison.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2006, 10:35:25 PM »

It's 10:15 p.m. (PST) and I'm still at work!  It's the final day to pay our bills for this month, but I haven't assembled everything that I've done, yet.  I guess I'm coming in real early tomorrow to do that!  It has to get done, and so it shall...just a little late. ;)

And now, to home.  Finally. :)

DR GEorge, good luck on the project!!

I just got home from work and it is after midnight here central time...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »

I spoke of the region 2 DVD of Fallen Idol just a few months ago.  A wonderful film, as wonderful as it gets.  The William Alwyn score is tops, as William Alwyn always is.

If I were to make Deceit into a film, I would shoot the exteriors in NY and the apartment here in LA.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2006, 10:49:02 PM »

I spoke of the region 2 DVD of Fallen Idol just a few months ago.  A wonderful film, as wonderful as it gets.  The William Alwyn score is tops, as William Alwyn always is.

If I were to make Deceit into a film, I would shoot the exteriors in NY and the apartment here in LA.

I think Deceit would make for an interesting movie....

I will add Fallen idol to my list...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 10:49:42 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2006, 10:56:05 PM »

A student was watching a DVD on his puter and I was not impressed with the transfer. American Graffiti, the words and mouth did not match. IT was really bad... The mouth moved but the words a bit after they formed the words...

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2006, 10:57:26 PM »

Thanks  for the info, bk - I think I may try and get there on March 31.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2006, 11:10:42 PM »

I'm home now and have eaten.  But, I'm going to go to bed.  I didn't expect that I would be home this late, so I didn't set my VCR, so I don't have "Lost" OR "Invasion" to watch. :'(

BUT I did call my niece and she always tapes "Lost," so I asked if she would also tape "Invasion."  She said, "If I must."  I said, "Yes, you must."  She said, "Okay."  She has the nerve to have that kind of attitude after I drove her to Seattle on Saturday, just to see a movie!  Well! ;)

Anyway, I'll watch them whenever I take the time to.  Tomorrow afternoon, I'm driving my friend Margo to the airport.  She's taking her two younger daughters to Disneyland...they only went to Hawaii last year!  And since I want to get to work VERY early to finish assembling the invoices to give to the business office, I need to sleep now.  

Goodnight, all! 8) (this is me asleep)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up