Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DUMBFOUNDED  (Read 26605 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
DUMBFOUNDED
« on: February 15, 2006, 12:06:37 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes dumbfounded you, you dumbfounded the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the dumbfounded cows come home.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 12:09:44 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:DUMBFOUNDED
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 12:06:53 AM »

And the word of the day is: CHICANERY!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 12:09:04 AM »

I think Jose Felicano sang the theme song for chicaneryman.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 12:09:23 AM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com birthday to former dear reader Steveg, and to Geoff, whomever he may be.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 12:09:44 AM »

CHICANERY, baby, CHICANERY!

And now - Dino at the piano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 12:28:28 AM »

Welcome eight GUESTS!  We have enough people to do the lurker Lambada (The Forbidden Dance).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 12:42:33 AM »

I have no questions for "Ask BK Day."  At least, I can't think of any, right now.  So, I will go to bed because I'm very cold (it's getting cold, here in the Pacific Northwest) and I'm tired.  Goodnight, all!  

And Happy Birthday to both DRs steveg and Geoff!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 04:23:01 AM »

Good morning, all!  In one more desperate bid to accumulate wealth, I think I shall work today.  I will go into the office this morning and do some edits on the Toyland vocal score, have dinner with my friend Val, perhaps even edit a few of my editorial notes as well.  I still have some work on these charts for Miss Karen Ziemba and the Chorus' dance number to do as well, so I see my bank account tripling or quadrupling in no time.

TOD:  Who are these two birthday folk?  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 04:24:33 AM »

Wednesday greetings!

TOD - What's the difference between a Hainsie and a Kimlet?  Which am I?

'morning, DR elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 04:42:47 AM »

Morning Ginny. Larry has gone but he may be back. It's 7:45am.

No questions, no answers.

It's all CHICANERY I tell ya!

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 04:42:57 AM »

'morning, DR Ben!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 04:47:18 AM »

Yes, I come and go according to whim, and I'm briefly back.  Hello, DRs Ben and Ginny!  I'm trying to build up the energy to head out for the downtown bus, and it's so snug and warm here in the apartment.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 05:09:42 AM »

I've been puttering this morning and soon have to get ready for my workday.  First, I have to go "over the river and through the woods," for an 11:30 meeting at United Theological Seminary (where I've never been) and then figure out how to get from there to the library downtown.  Pray for Rosemary's baby.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 05:38:20 AM »

TOD - What's the difference between a Hainsie and a Kimlet?  Which am I?

I think it depends on whether you are in Group A or Group One.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 05:39:48 AM »

I think it depends on whether you are in Group A or Group One.

Or a blue bird or a red bird?

Ben

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 05:40:49 AM »

Or if you like Gimlets perhaps you're a Kimlet. Do people still drink Gimlets? What is in a gimlet, anyway?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 05:43:57 AM »

Question for BK:  In any otherwise perfect or near-perfect movie, stage play or musical, is there any small piece of direction you would have changed?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 05:44:28 AM »

Or, perhaps it depends on your preference for Mr. Haines or Mr. Kimmel. If you are a fan of Mr. Haine's vocal stylings and play his CDs until others around you threaten you with physical harm, perhaps you're a Hainsie. If you log on to this here site looking for the warm, reassuring words of Mr. Kimmel (along with a dose or two of "arch" humor  ;)) then I think maybe you're a Kimlet.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 05:59:33 AM »

I found last night's men's figure skating to be overall uninspiring if not downright dull.  Quite a few robust skaters, but aside from the two leaders, not one of them was able to completely execute their programs.  I though all of the music choices were bland (except for "Adagio For Strings", which always saddens me when I hear it)  and all the choreography was either leaden or nonsensical.  I'm merely hoping that the men's long programs are more interesting and that the women will provide some spark.

And am I the only one who thinks Johnny Weir is a pretentious and catty little twerp?
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 06:02:50 AM »

Or if you like Gimlets perhaps you're a Kimlet. Do people still drink Gimlets? What is in a gimlet, anyway?

A gimlet is gin and lime juice, but they're sweet, too.  I'm not sure of the sweet ingredient.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 06:28:18 AM »

According to the sites I found about Gimlets, it's just Gin and Lime Juice and a wedge of lime so the lime juice might add the sweetness (along with a tartness). There are some other recipies that use orange juice instead of lime juice.

Gimlet Ingredients
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 06:28:38 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2006, 06:37:54 AM »

I'm now listening to Donald's weekly show but before that I listened to a funny show on BBC Radio 4. It's about some of the more notorious Broadway and West End flop musicals. It's a half-hour show broadcast on Sunday evening at 8:30pm EST. I don't know how many more episodes are scheduled but the two I've heard so far are lots of fun.

Here is the link:

More Fabulous Flops

Scroll down to the M and look for this

More Fabulous Flops
Listen|Go to Website

Click on Listen, the player will open and you can hear some funny stuff about Dance of the Vampires, Annie 2, a West End flop called Murderous Intentions and more.

Enjoy, and then go listen to Donald!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 06:45:22 AM »

Oh re: last night's American Idol. Did anybody else get teary when the 3 cowboys said goodbye?  That little one is so sweet, even though he can't sing.  I actually got tears when he kept saying how he let the others down.  And the tall one kept saying how it was important to try their hardest and that was all they could do.  It was sort of sweet.

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 06:53:34 AM »

And am I the only one who thinks Johnny Weir is a pretentious and catty little twerp?

No, DR Dan(the Man), you're not.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 07:20:20 AM »

Good morning!

Another beautiful day with highs in the 60s set to continue through Friday.

Forcase for Saturday is rain with highs in the 30s!

You gotta love the South! Such ridiculous variables in temperatures during the winter and spring.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 07:22:30 AM »

Sorry, but I like Johnny Weir's skating. He's the most stylish and artistic of the men that I've seen. However, off the ice, he is pretentious and very full of himself. But he's got that devil-may-care attitude about life which turns off a lot of people.

At least he's not dull. There is personality there, even if it's one that rubs lots of people the wrong way.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 07:25:07 AM »

Last night, DR George wrote:

"Matt, have you ever gone to Exite.com's TV listings?  Click HERE and just enter your zip code, pick your cable option and you're in.  It's only text, so it loads very quickly.  The only problem is that you can't search the listings, but you can see listing up to two weeks in advance.  My computer at work loads much, much, much (that's three muches) more slowly than my computer at home, so I go there, instead."

DR George, you are a life saver and thank you so, so much for this link! I went there after reading your post and got the information I wanted in much faster time than TVGUide.com.  AOL has pop-up blockers, so I wasn't bothered with that either, and it was a great site.

What's more, SUPERNATURAL IS coming on Saturday night on the local WB station (so is GILMORE GIRLS which also got preempted due to Duke basketball though I don't watch GILMORE GIRLS.) So great news, and I thank you so much!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 07:26:42 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 07:29:08 AM »

DR George, glad you got the package. Mail delivery sure is weird. I sent a different package to the West Coast a couple of weeks ago (same first class shipping) , and it took a week to be delivered.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 07:30:52 AM »

My friend Jeff is having me over for dinner tonight, and I offered to bring cupcakes for dessert. He forbade me to bake them! He's on a diet (many of us are) and didn't want the temptation. Ah, well. I'm going to get these baked at some point over the next week.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 07:33:35 AM »

Yes, I thought the three cowboys on IDOL had a very touching bond between them that was heartbreaking when they were all eliminated. The young 18 year old rancher from Wyoming knew the problem: he was just too green. Not ready to face 30 million people a week (and a live audience), and his nerves totally destroyed his pitch. He was a perfect example of walking desperation during his solo part of the group number. But his buddies seemed equally befuddled.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up