Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROUSING NOTES  (Read 22354 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE ROUSING NOTES
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 07:24:06 AM »

DR Ben, I can't wait to get Monday off either.  I'm hoping that this weekend I can get some of my boxes unpacked and things put away at my new place. It drives me crazy to know that the something I need is there, but I have no idea where it is

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 07:24:22 AM »

DR SWW - About the Chicken Cheese Tortellini (which does sound great!):  How many would this recipe serve?  Could I make it at home and transport it to work for a carry-in lunch, keeping it warm in my crockpot (or is it the kind of thing that has to be served immediately?).  We're having a luncheon for a co-worker's retirement next week and I offered to bring a main dish, since I don't come in until noon.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 07:27:17 AM »

Good morning!  DR Michael Shayne says  he is well but very preoccupied with work and family matters at
the moment and hopes to return to our shores very soon.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2006, 07:28:03 AM »

Congratulations to ANN!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »

My workplace does not get Presidents' Day off, but we get 8 hours of comp time, which we can use at our discretion.  The cool thing is that this coming Monday is my regular day off (because I work the following Saturday), so it feels like real gravy when I get those comp hours!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2006, 07:33:09 AM »

Good morning!

Another beautiful February spring day here with lows only in the 50s and highs in the mid-to-high 60s. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. Then - winter returns.

It was very overcast this morning, and I thought it might be cooler than they were predicting, but the clouds rolled by (a Jerome Kern reference) and now it's blues skies (an Irving Berlin reference) for all!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2006, 07:33:25 AM »

Re: DR MattH's question about last night's LOST.

I am not sure if the machine reset itself on its own or if locke got the numbers entered in time. It seemed as though he was late, since we saw those red and black markings come up (which i don't recall seeing before).  I also wasn't exactly sure what sawyer was saying at the end (to charlie). He said "you didn't forget did you?" (meaning that the others can come at any time). First i wondered if he was questioning who charlie was. but i guess he was just saying that since charlie was tied up, he should understand the others can get you anytime.

i think it's good that the show makes you think!

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 07:35:41 AM »

I'm happy for all of you who have the Monday holiday, but I dread what it does to mail delivery around here. Our last Monday holiday (MLK Day), my TV GUIDE was delayed until Thursday (usually arrives on Monday). I always start thinking that magazines have been lost in the mail because inevitably they get lost in the shuffle and take days to a week to find their way here.

Why can't bills ever get delayed?  :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:40:42 AM by Matt H. »

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 07:36:52 AM »

DR TCB, I still cannot tell if you are serious sometimes when you post.
Re: American Idol, when the elimination rounds start then it will be considered a spoiler to say who was eliminated.  But we are not there yet, and my post was vague. Like i said if you had not seen the show, i don't think you could tell what i meant.  But also, since it was vague, i'm assuming if anyone was going to watch the show then they would have not read my 2 paragraphs worth of stuff on that night's show!

DR MattH, i cannot tell if i am happy with the choices. The ones i thought would get in, did. BUt that seemed predetermined to me. There were a bunch they showed last night (mainly the men) who i really did not care for. And a couple of women who were obnoxious.

My sister said they will be doing it differently this year. She said she read that all 24 will compete with 2 men and 2 women leaving the first week. This is interesting, but i think it will give everyone a better chance to get to know some of those we have not seen featured.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 07:39:51 AM »

Re: DR MattH's question about last night's LOST.

I am not sure if the machine reset itself on its own or if locke got the numbers entered in time. It seemed as though he was late, since we saw those red and black markings come up (which i don't recall seeing before).  I also wasn't exactly sure what sawyer was saying at the end (to charlie). He said "you didn't forget did you?" (meaning that the others can come at any time). First i wondered if he was questioning who charlie was. but i guess he was just saying that since charlie was tied up, he should understand the others can get you anytime.

i think it's good that the show makes you think!

continuing spoiler space - - -

It looked to me as if he had entered the wrong number and was backing up erasing wrong numbers when time ran out. Then he hit the key at the lower right end of the keyboard (which would not be an enter-return key even on an Apple computer of that era), and then the numbers reset.

I don't mind thinking, but I found that confusing. Perhaps it was meant to be another mystery. I geuss the next episode may provide an answer. I just wanted to make sure I didn't see something wrong. I was watching on a much smaller screen than usual.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2006, 07:40:20 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  And already hungry for PASTA!  I, too, love macaroni and cheese.  Dalt's, which closed last year, had a brilliant mac and cheese, and the jernt down the street from the El Portal has a weird but tasty mac and cheese (done with huge conch-shaped pasta).  Koo Koo Roo has terrific mac and cheese as a side dish.

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2006, 07:41:54 AM »

MBarnum, now that I'm back on Netflix, what was the Bollywood movie you suggested I start with?

BRIDE AND PREJUDICE...is is really only a semi-Bollywood movie as it is in English, but it is a very cute movie based on the Pride and Prejudice story....I do belive many DRs recommend it.  :D

Ben

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2006, 07:44:17 AM »

We have had some beautiful weather after our record snowfall on Saturday/Sunday but according to the weather person that is all about to change. We are scheduled to get the bad weather that is now affecting Iowa and Minnesota. By the weekend we are scheduled for temps in the 20s and perhaps some more snow. Most of the snow from the weekend is gone but we may get more on Saturday. Ugh!

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2006, 07:44:28 AM »

According to TV GUIDE, the twelve women will compete on Tuesday (a two hour show). The twelve men will compete on Wednesday (a two hour show). On Thursday, there will be a results show where two men and two women will be let go. Then, the same thing happens for the following two weeks until we're left with 6 men and 6 women.

Wasn't this the way it was done last year? I thought it was.

I thought the women were far stronger than the men. Honestly, I didn't hear any men that I thought were outstanding (though some of them were cute). There were several powerhouse women. To be fair, we haven't heard an entire song from anyone. Looking forward to that.

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2006, 07:45:56 AM »

BRIDE AND PREJUDICE...is is really only a semi-Bollywood movie as it is in English, but it is a very cute movie based on the Pride and Prejudice story....I do belive many DRs recommend it.  :D

DR MBarnum - I just added myself to my library's waiting list for this!

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2006, 07:47:04 AM »

For Cillaliz and Ginny, Bride and Prejudice page 2 dance!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:49:49 AM by MBarnum »

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2006, 07:49:12 AM »

DR George, let me know if your relative got INVASION taped for you. I recorded it last night but having watched it at my friend's house, I don't need to watch the recording. I'll wait a few hours before I delete the DVR reocrding.

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2006, 07:50:04 AM »

DISCUSSING AMERICAN IDOL.

According to TV GUIDE, the twelve women will compete on Tuesday (a two hour show). The twelve men will compete on Wednesday (a two hour show). On Thursday, there will be a results show where two men and two women will be let go. Then, the same thing happens for the following two weeks until we're left with 6 men and 6 women.

Wasn't this the way it was done last year? I thought it was.

I thought the women were far stronger than the men. Honestly, I didn't hear any men that I thought were outstanding (though some of them were cute). There were several powerhouse women. To be fair, we haven't heard an entire song from anyone. Looking forward to that.

It might have been the way it was done last year, I can't remember. I know they used to have 4 groups of 8 and then america would vote 2 through from each group. then they would do a wild card.

I also didn't hear any men who were that great, although for some reason i like that white haired guy). And the first blondish guy had a great sound.

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2006, 07:50:36 AM »

It was 22 degrees this morning...I got that heater installed just in time!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2006, 07:51:16 AM »

And I still have BONES and CSI: NY from last night to watch at some point today.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2006, 07:51:23 AM »

"Lost"

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

DR Jennifer, I know you meant Sayid when you said Sawyer...it was Sayid reminding Charlie about the terrible things that happened during season 1...especially Charlie's being strung up by the neck and left to die.  This was post-torture session...and Sayid was being reflective and...possibly...drumming up support for more caution and less touchy-feeliness when encountering "others."

And...was it just ME...or did anyone else notice the photo that U.S. officer was looking at in the flashback as the truck was about to stop and set Sayid free?  He had just asked Sayid if he had family...a wife or children.  He was looking at the photo...and then the photo was on the screen....and it LOOKED LIKE KATE!

I was thinking...that was Kate's father!

But...was I the only one to see it and think what I thought?

As for the sequence where Locke didn't quite make it entering the numbers....I thought what happened was fascinating...when all those red panels popped up...each was illustrated...one had a black raven...another seemed to have a warhead.  I think it's an interesting question you posed, DR Jennifer, as to whether Locke managed to reset it before the worst happened or whether it simply reset itself.  Locke will be pondering what he saw for some time to come, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:54:18 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2006, 07:51:47 AM »

We have had some beautiful weather after our record snowfall on Saturday/Sunday but according to the weather person that is all about to change. We are scheduled to get the bad weather that is now affecting Iowa and Minnesota. By the weekend we are scheduled for temps in the 20s and perhaps some more snow. Most of the snow from the weekend is gone but we may get more on Saturday. Ugh!

DR Ben - I was wondering this morning if NYC still had snow.  Around here, when a large snowfall melts quickly we often have flooding problems.  Anything like that up there?

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2006, 07:53:46 AM »

LAST NIGHT'S LOST

continuing spoiler space - - -

It looked to me as if he had entered the wrong number and was backing up erasing wrong numbers when time ran out. Then he hit the key at the lower right end of the keyboard (which would not be an enter-return key even on an Apple computer of that era), and then the numbers reset.

I don't mind thinking, but I found that confusing. Perhaps it was meant to be another mystery. I geuss the next episode may provide an answer. I just wanted to make sure I didn't see something wrong. I was watching on a much smaller screen than usual.

Sometimes it takes great focus on the show not to miss anything!  I remember locke ran to unlock the room for jack. Then he ran back and to me it seemed like there were some numbers already up on the screen. Then you're right. It seemed like he might have erased some and then gone back to type in more.

It seemed like the time went to zero right when he was finishing.   I assumed when i saw the red and black symbols (what were they?) that he hadn't finished in time. But then when the time reset, i also wasn't sure what that meant. it sort of seemed like the time did reset.

i think everything is supposed to be a mystery. you're supposed to understand but not fully.

oh and thanks for the info on veronica mars. my sister must read the same tv sites as you cause that was what she told me! i had no idea since in our paper it said it was new.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2006, 07:54:12 AM »

The white haired guy was so hyper (I couldn't tell if that was the way he really sings or if he was aping Ray Charles), it was hard to tell the quality of his voice. The cute blonde's name was Ace, I think. He did have nice tone. One guy sounded like a Harry Conick, Jr. knockoff. Just hard to get a bead on many of them.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2006, 07:55:54 AM »

TV GUIDE also said that VERONICA MARS would be a new episode. I think the powers that be at UPN made the decision early this week, too late to change listings in some papers and magazines.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2006, 07:56:29 AM »

The white haired guy was so hyper (I couldn't tell if that was the way he really sings or if he was aping Ray Charles), it was hard to tell the quality of his voice. The cute blonde's name was Ace, I think. He did have nice tone. One guy sounded like a Harry Conick, Jr. knockoff. Just hard to get a bead on many of them.

I'm fairly certain Ace is dark-haired.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2006, 07:57:51 AM »

LOST spoiler - - - -

Those red and black symbols seemed to suggest death, the end of the island, etc. but even they were changing, a red being replaced by a black, etc. Very confusing. Again, the show is expert in starting mysterious things to keep us perplexed. One of the joys of the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2006, 07:59:26 AM »

I'm fairly certain Ace is dark-haired.

Not dirty blonde? OK.

Ben

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2006, 08:01:52 AM »

Ginny said:

DR Ben - I was wondering this morning if NYC still had snow.  Around here, when a large snowfall melts quickly we often have flooding problems.  Anything like that up there?

Not really in the city, although there are sometimes small ponds at corners which can make it hard to cross. We do have an occasional clogged sewer also which contributes to the ponds effect. The ponds usually occur when snow shovelers just throw the snow in one place to get rid of it, not thinking that it will melt to form an ankle deep mess.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2006, 08:02:04 AM »

Not dirty blonde? OK.

One "dirty" blond...Bucky Covington.  Cute?  Feh!  :-\

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 08:02:55 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up