Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROUSING NOTES  (Read 22057 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE ROUSING NOTES
« on: February 16, 2006, 12:06:08 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were rousing, you were rousing, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they'll be home as soon as they finish telling the tale of The Randy Vicar and The Pork Chop.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 12:07:37 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE ROUSING NOTES
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 12:08:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: INCRASSATE!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 12:10:20 AM »

Nobody here but us chickens.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 12:11:28 AM »

Nobody here but us chickens and five GUESTS!  Welcome five GUESTS!  We're talkin' about pasta - or we will be as soon as the WUSSBURGERS return.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 03:55:48 AM »

A GINGER gimlet.....I am intrigued.

Went to WalMart this morning and bought a three-hole punch since I will printing out something soon.

Also picked up DR CP's Two Disk Special Edition of THE FLY!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 03:56:09 AM »

Dr Zhivago will be mounted this summer?  I am sure he is pleased.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 03:59:06 AM »

I liked RYAN'S DAUGHTER - with the reservations that MR BK mentions in the notes.  The photography was indeed superb....I liked the music, mostly, and I didn't mind that it was an intensely personal story among just a few people rather than the multi-generational,  character-laden DR ZHIVAGO (which has never been a favorite of mine.)  So there you are.  

Also watched a couple of episodes of THE RAT PATROL IN COLOR which I enjoyed very much.  The color is just the way I remember it on our TV screen, and I like the characters and the actors a lot.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 03:59:50 AM »

Raining here today.  I think I will watch THE FLY....and then watch the Men's Free Skate this evening.  But I will not have anything to say about it, out loud or in print.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 04:01:44 AM »

Fetticine Alfredo with spicy chicken....lots of chicken.  I usually order this at Italian restaurants and have never been disappointed.  MMMMMMMM.....green salad with fresh tomatoes and no dressing, Italian bread....  Of course NOW I am hungry.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 04:50:55 AM »

Good morning, all!  Yesterday, I received from eBay 18 DVDs of the 1960s tv series THRILLER with Boris Karloff, and I spent a couple of hours last night checking out the first 6 DVDs for problems.  I hope to continue with that at some point today.

DR Tomovoz, I read all the posts of yesterday before I read my Dear Friend BK's new notes for the day.  I like to seeknow what mischief you and DR TCB have been up to before I face the day.  

Another day in Toyland, and then I must - I must! - get my act on the road and finish two charts for Ms Karen Ziemba.  

TOD:  pasta?  I had something wonderful recently, but I can neither recall where or what.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 05:31:41 AM »

Good Morning!

WOW!  I'm actually up before 10:30!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 05:35:05 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Basically whatever the trio of pastas happen to be on any given day over at Becco.

;)

Otherwise, a good lasagna - which is very hard to come by - can be an amazing culinary treat.  Luigi's in DC has a wonderful version where the beef is not ground but minced finely, and it's just the right ratio of sauce to cheese to pasta to meat.

I remember a Mushroom Ravioli served with a beurre noisette at The Brown Derby at Disney's MGM Studios in Walt Disney World.  Oh, and the Gnocchi at Pietrasanta.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 05:35:55 AM »

Good Morning, DR elmore.

Good Morning, DR Dan (the Man).

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 05:36:52 AM »

Well, I need to get ready for my day... And probably won't be back until sometime late tonight... So...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 05:39:52 AM »

Mornin' all.

I like Spaghettiand Meatballs though I rarely eat that dish. The meatballs at the Hollywood Diner are big enough to be a main dish plus you have all that spaghetti.

Good vibes to Danise for Tuesday.

We get President's Day off on Monday. Can't come fast enough!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 05:47:17 AM »

Good Morning!

WOW!  I'm actually up before 10:30!

;D

Time to go back to your own apartment? ;D
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 05:48:52 AM »

Good morning, DRS Jose, Ben, and DTM!  DR Jose, have a wonderful day and grab the new issue of OPERA NEWS for Hugh's interview.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 06:16:18 AM »

Hey, there, DRs Elmore, Ben and  Jose--sorry I missed your greetings--I was tawkin' business with someone who wandered into my office and believed I could carry on a conversation before I finished my 24 oz. morning coffee.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 06:24:15 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 06:23:50 AM »

Speaking of "Hey, There", are any of you Noo Yawkers planning on taking in THE PAJAMA GAME?  I'm hoping that this revival will work--I love this show.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 06:37:28 AM »

TOD:

I do like the basics--spaghetti and meatballs, a meaty lasagna, rotinni with chicken and vegs.  I like the pasta salads at SaladTrough SaladWorks, particulaly the Spensa salad.  The Captain's Grill here in Philly makes a terrific crab meat ravioli.

Dagnabbit--now I'm hungry, too!
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 06:55:57 AM »

One of the best past a dishes I have ever eaten was right here in my office. My co-worker, and NAKED SPACE fan, Amy made one H-E-double hockey sticks of a macaroni and cheese! I loved it!!!!!

Ben

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 07:05:12 AM »

I do love a good mac and cheese. I grew up with boiled elbow macaroni, drained of all water after boiling, then sliced Velvetta cheese was placed on the still hot macaroni. As it melted the macaroni would be stirred to distribute the cheese product. Although it's great to think of as comfort food, when I found out that there were other ways to make mac and cheese I gained a new appreciation for the dish.

D-t-M, I will be seeing Pajama Game in March. I want to see it sooner (it opens next week) but to do so I must exchange my subscriber ticket. I may try to do that over the weekend. Since I'm a Roundabout subscriber I also have a ticket for Threepenny w/Alan Cummings and Cyndi Lauper.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 07:05:39 AM »

I got this recipe from the store's weekly flier - I was looking for a quick-fix dinner for one of our late nites, and it turned out to be pretty good.

CHICKEN WITH CHEESE TORTELLINI

Cut 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.

Bring a pasta pot filled with hot water up to a boil.  Cook a 9 oz. package of 3-cheese tortellini in said water, according to package instructions.

Meanwhile, pour a 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes into a large skillet (the type with Italian herbs and such works well), add the chicken bites and 1 T. minced garlic, and cook, covered, over medium heat, about 8 minutes.  

Add a 6 oz. bag baby spinach to the skillet, cook another 3 minutes (or until the spinach is wilted), then mix in the cooked tortellini and serve.  Preferably with freshly grated Parmesan sprinkled on top.  (And not that cr@# from the green can, which tastes terrible - if you don't know how to grate real Parmesan from a large chunk, get an Italian boyfriend to show you how.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 07:15:33 AM »

MMMMmmm the Chicken Tortellini sounds great!

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 07:16:06 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Just started my 2-hour shift in telephone reference.

TOD - There's a chain near the University of Dayton called Nothing but Noodles and I love their 3-cheese mac 'n' cheese with broccoli mixed in.  I make a pretty good lasagna, too.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 07:18:07 AM »

Hi all, I'm looking out at the snow blowing horizontally outside my office window, yes, although I have the awesome power of calling a snow day, I can't do it unless the schools are closed, late or let out early. It really was nasty coming in today, but school is on, so we are here.  I really was in the mood for a snow day. So, just like a little kid, I'm hoping the schools let out early today!

Cillaliz

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 07:20:17 AM »

I really need to get my snow blower moved to my new house.  It was a lot more to shovel than I realized. At least it was a good work out

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 07:20:42 AM »

DR Jose, you sound very happy to be back in New York. That's great
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:20:57 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 07:21:48 AM »

We're getting close to page 2

Cillaliz

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 07:22:50 AM »

MBarnum, now that I'm back on Netflix, what was the Bollywood movie you suggested I start with?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up