Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MACARONI AND CHEESE  (Read 25729 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:MACARONI AND CHEESE
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2006, 08:53:10 AM »

the foregoing is, of course, not a page from my upcoming-sure-to-be-a-best-seller-biography but rather a email I received and passed on for your musment  (or not).
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2006, 08:53:31 AM »

PAGE THREE ICE DANCE!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 08:56:49 AM by Vixmom »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2006, 09:02:05 AM »

From the Warner chat, the only items of real interest for me involved things either a year off like the 1969 GOODBYE, MR. CHIPS or boxed sets of series films like MAISIE, ANDY HARDY, and DR. KILDARE that are "being considered."

Some other things were mentioned that I had some interest in like THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GREY, but everything seemed to be at least a year off.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2006, 09:02:30 AM »

It is dreary and chilly here in Rehoboth Beach today.

High time to make some chili!

I've some venison defrosting, waiting to be cut up into chunks.  Maybe I'll add some of the leftover lamb that I roasted on Sunday.

I'll need to get to the store, of course, for more ingredients.  And the liquor store, too, for some beer, which goes well in chili.  A nice ale should do the trick.

And newspapers.  Not for the chili, but because I want to survey the various food sections, from Baltimore, Philly, and DC, plus the Delaware papers.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2006, 09:02:57 AM »

Well, off now to prep lunch and start watching some DVDs.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2006, 09:03:58 AM »

Well.....an OFFICIAL release for Mary Jane's best-known film will be a welcome addition to the collection, for sure!

Oh, I gave MR BK a headache.  Not the first one I've given, I am sure.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2006, 09:04:03 AM »

This raises Another Question for BK and the DRs:

What section of the newspaper do you like to go to first, when reading your favorite paper?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2006, 09:06:29 AM »

What section of the newspaper do you like to go to first, when reading your favorite paper?

The comics... thus cheered, I can then face the news

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2006, 09:07:05 AM »

Its lunchtime and I desperately want some macaroni and cheese

curse you bk!!!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2006, 09:11:06 AM »

If I win the lottery, I will:

1.  Before claiming my "prize," I will consult with a lawyer who can help me sort out everything I need to consider about taxes, how to get any taxes paid back, etc.  I'll decide how I'm going to "share" my win...I may have to declare more than "one" winner on my ticket in order to share it with family members.  I'd rather do this than to wait until I have all the money, because there are limits to how much money one can give to another without incurring gift taxes.

2.  Find, or build, my "dream house".

3.  Relocate myself to my dream home.

4.  Find investment opportunities that will allow me to help small business owners follow their dreams.

5.  Work in my garden.

6.  Find a "vacation home" somewhere within driving distance (4-6 hours) of my "dream home" and spend a lot of time there.

7.  Travel....renting houses or apartments in Rome or London or Canterbury or Florence or Paris or Athens or Budapest, etc.....for month at a time...and absorbing the cultures...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2006, 09:13:56 AM »

Its lunchtime and I desperately want some macaroni and cheese

Think of yourself...with blocked arteries...think of your arteries choking for life...think of all that goo clogging your pores until you cannot breathe.

Then ask yourself what you might enjoy that WON'T mess with your health!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2006, 09:16:01 AM »

Imagine your body giving up the fight...with your blood sugar levels rampaging out of control....too high....too low...and having to inject yourself daily with insulin...and having to "test" yourself three or four times a day to check your blood sugar level (and each time having to stick yourself with a needle to draw blood)...and then ask yourself if you really want one more slice of that cake or pie, or another one of those cookies (Girl Scout or other).

;)

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2006, 09:17:06 AM »

From the Warner Bros. chat I was happy to hear that the Bowery Boys are a comin' and that some of the Allied Artists films will be seeing the light of day. Also, the Laurel and Hardy items may be interesting, and of course QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2006, 09:17:50 AM »

Vixmom, you made me chuckle a lot!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2006, 09:22:21 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

Ah, sleep... And I was soooo glad I did not have to get up earlier this morning to move my car. -It's the little things in life.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2006, 09:22:54 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Did you just have your yearly physical?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2006, 09:23:33 AM »

I always read the paper as it's laid out, from the front hard news section to the back.  The only exception is that I'll read the Home and Entertainment section last.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2006, 09:25:04 AM »

If I won the lottery...

I would allot about 2 Million to spend right off the bat - all impulse buys!  :)  Then I would sit down with an tax accountant/lawyer and plan out how to spend, invest and distribute the rest.

*Of course, I'm suspecting that my tax accontant/lawyer would already know how much would go to him.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2006, 09:26:38 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Did you just have your yearly physical?

;)

I was given "pause for reflection"...I need to get my blood sugar down...or ELSE!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2006, 09:27:01 AM »

As for Newspapers...

I go for the Style/Arts section first, then start back with the front page.  Admittedly, I should probably read more of the A section than I currently do.  However, I believe my tuning into NPR and reading my papers online compensates for that.

-Yeah, that sounds good. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2006, 09:29:38 AM »

I haven't read a newspaper in years.  

At the audio facility doing the laybacks.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2006, 09:32:47 AM »

I was given "pause for reflection"...I need to get my blood sugar down...or ELSE!

Ah...

Well... A friend of mine was recently given that "ultimatum" by his doctor, and he went ahead and cleaned out his cupboards of all the "bad" stuff.  Opened canned and boxes he threw out, stuff that was still sealed he gave to a homeless shelter.

And after all was said and done, he was no longer surprised that his blood sugar levels were so high.  Until he had bagged everything up, he did not realize just how much "stuff" he had kept on hand "just in case".

I've also found that with my current diet, "out of sight,out of mind" has truly been the way to go.  If I don't have the ice cream in the freezer, nor the cookies in the cupboard, well, I just don't have them.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2006, 09:34:21 AM »

OK... I need to get ready to head out...

A buddy of mine just started in Forbidden Broadway, and I'll be catching the matinee this afternoon - in about two hours.  So...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2006, 09:34:38 AM »

New Good Eats episode tonight: Flat is Beautiful III (Flounder!)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2006, 09:35:19 AM »

OH!  I have been meaning to ask this... And since it's Ask BK Day...

Do you know where the name "Kiru" came from?
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2006, 09:38:37 AM »

LINCOLN, Neb. - The record $365 million Powerball jackpot has been claimed by a group of eight workers from a Nebraska meat processing plant on Wednesday.

“I didn't know what to think,” said Robert Stewart, 30, who said he was a maintenance supervisor before the win. “I still don't know what to think.”

The group, which was introduced by Gov. Dave Heineman, also includes Quang Dao, 56; David Gehle, 52; Alain Maboussou, 26; Chasity Rutjens, 29; Michael Terpstra, 47; Dung Tran, 34; Eric Zornes, 40.

The winning numbers drawn Saturday were 15, 17, 43, 44 and 48, with a Powerball number of 29, according to the Multi-State Lottery Association of Des Moines, Iowa, which runs the game for the participating states.

The group, who worked at the ConAgra Foods plant in Lincoln, have elected to take the cash option on the jackpot, valued at $177.3 million. Their respective shares will be $22,162,500.

The only ticket matching the winning numbers was sold at a a U-Stop convenience store in Lincoln, lottery officials said.

The ticket holder can take the money in a lump sum or in installments over 30 years. The cash option is $177.3 million, or $124.1 million after taxes. On the installment plan, the first payment would be about $6.5 million after taxes.

The previous U.S. lottery jackpot record was $363 million for the Big Game, the forerunner of Mega Millions. Powerball’s previous record jackpot, $340 million, was won by an Oregon family in October.

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2006, 09:41:09 AM »

Think of yourself...with blocked arteries...think of your arteries choking for life...think of all that goo clogging your pores until you cannot breathe.

Then ask yourself what you might enjoy that WON'T mess with your health!

Imagine your body giving up the fight...with your blood sugar levels rampaging out of control....too high....too low...and having to inject yourself daily with insulin...and having to "test" yourself three or four times a day to check your blood sugar level (and each time having to stick yourself with a needle to draw blood)...and then ask yourself if you really want one more slice of that cake or pie, or another one of those cookies (Girl Scout or other).
;)

Have ypu been talking with my doctor?

vixmom

« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »

Vixmom, you made me chuckle a lot!

Tank you  tank you , I'll be here all week

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2006, 09:49:22 AM »

The Kiru name story is very weird.  We were always told it was from the first two initials of KImmel and my father's business partner, Morey Orloff.  Had any of us had a brain we would have realized that there's no RU in Morey Orloff.  After my father died, I was told what the RU really stood for.  It turned out, that unbeknownst to either my brother or myself, my father had been married before he married my mother.  She forbade him to speak of it.  And his first wife's name was - RUth.

When I wrote the Kritzer books I called the restaurant the ERRO - ER as in ERnie Kritzer.  And I was going to use the story and have the RO stand for ROse - but I could never fit it in.

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2006, 09:49:24 AM »

Oh, and WB said more Tarzan movies will be out this year, including the Lex Barker, etc. ones! (I am hoping that means the Gordon Scott ones!).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up