Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY OF THE DOLLS  (Read 21406 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY OF THE DOLLS
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2003, 09:02:04 PM »

Well, I must call it a day, good HHW friends. Enjoyed all the heartthrob photos today; thanks to everyone for sharing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2003, 09:02:25 PM »

Always liked this young fellow who does not seem to age at all.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2003, 09:10:21 PM »

I'm home - I posted the Name Game post from home - but then I had to view footage, which I'm now through doing.  I'm gonna relax and nibble on some food and then I'll return and hopefully there'll be some more players of the name game.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2003, 09:26:47 PM »

Was excited to discover the first of the new Horatio Hornblower adventures was airing tonight (the second airs tomorrow night) on A&E.

There is a commercial break right now...and it's a great story, extremely well done, and Ioan Gruffudd gets more commanding every time I see him as Hornblower.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 09:27:06 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2003, 09:49:45 PM »

Joy, I do remember Marc Singer and have actually met him a couple of times.  If you have never seen it, I suggest you see the American Conservatory Theatre's version of TAMING OF THE SHREW in which Mr. Singer starred as Petruchio.  It is quite the best version of the play I have ever seen...a wildly athletic, exhuberant, and very funny production.  And for all those beefcake fans, Mr. Singer is barechested through a great deal of the show.   I believe he also played Christian in ACT's version of CYRANO which is also on tape and DVD.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2003, 10:06:38 PM »

Here's my guy somewhat older, but even in this daddy bear state, I find him sexy. And next to him is heartthrob #3: Gregory Harrison. It was SO exciting to see Gregory in the FOLLIES revival a couple of years ago. I thought he was the best of the four principals. I had tickets for STEEL PIER, too, but the show closed before I got to NYC that summer.

And speaking of Gregory Harrison, I don't remember where I got this picture, but this is just too priceless:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2003, 10:19:52 PM »

Joy, I do remember Marc Singer and have actually met him a couple of times.  If you have never seen it, I suggest you see the American Conservatory Theatre's version of TAMING OF THE SHREW in which Mr. Singer starred as Petruchio.  It is quite the best version of the play I have ever seen...a wildly athletic, exhuberant, and very funny production.  And for all those beefcake fans, Mr. Singer is barechested through a great deal of the show.   I believe he also played Christian in ACT's version of CYRANO which is also on tape and DVD.

Isn't it amazing what one finds when one is looking for something else?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2003, 10:33:20 PM »

Wow, four posts in an hour-and-a-half.  Sleepyville here at haineshisway.com

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2003, 10:48:33 PM »

Good evening/morning...

Good show tonight.  The only "weird" thing was that the pacing seemed faster, and some of the song tempos were a little brighter... but, somehow, the show ran two minutes longer than usual - ????  Ah, well... But it was a good show for a Tuesday back.

And after the show, I ran into Joe Langworth.  He was in South Pacific last year at Arena.  Real good guy - and easy on the eyes too!   ;D  Plus, he does yoga!  :P  In any case, he came to see the show tonight since he's on vacation from the Millie tour.  He's on tour with Juliana!  He finished up the week in Cincinatti, and he'll rejoin the tour in another week when they're in St. Louis.  *And he spoke very highly of Juliana, and said she did a wonderful job when she went on Thanksgiving Day.

In other news...

DR Sarah - Thank you!  Now if I can just my pic to not be so fuzzy - ???

To those DRs without fuzzy pics - Are the images you uploaded of yourselves in JPEG or GIF format?

DR George - I remember that pic of Gregory Harrison!  It was from that TV movie where he played an actor who had just moved to New York.  Unfortunately, his career doesn't take off like it did in his dreams, so he ends up taking off his clothes at a male strip club.  I remember the TV movie generating a lot of buzz at the time - and it still pops up from time to time on various channels at various times of the night.  Of course, the world of a male stripper turns out to be filled with some seedy goings-on, and after a close call at the club, he returns to the pursuit of his dream.  Ah... Ain't TV grand?   ;)  *Of course, I remember trying to discreetly watch it when it came on the first time - I was in high school at the time...  -What was that about "heat throbs"?  :P

As for Marc Singer - He always seemed a little "alien" to me - before and after "V".  I also seem to remember a couple of interviews with him, and he always seemed to have an issue when it came to revealing his age - ???

Oh, here's Joe's pic from the Millie site:
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2003, 10:55:35 PM »

Jose: I had so much trouble with photos. The one I have at he moment was tried earlier and didn't work - I did not change it! It is JPEG. The orginal was taken with a digital camera (friend James). And my point is: try the same one again it might be clearer - maybe it's the weather!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: December 02, 2003, 10:56:19 PM »

Well, I do believe I just got me some DOLLS - the LP of Patty Duke sings songs from VOTD - it was available rather inexpensively right there on amazon.com z shops.  I can't wait!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #221 on: December 02, 2003, 11:00:07 PM »

DR Tom from OZ - What fond memories that pic brought back!  It was my first real trip to NYC to see shows.  I saw Brighton Beach Memoirs Tuesday night, and then caught the Wednesday matinee of Biloxi Blues the next day - standing room.  It was still in previews.  Matthew Broderick was great.  However, Barry Miller and Alan Ruck were wonderful too.  And Bill Sadler as Toomey... He could order me around any time.  ;)  Oh, and Penelope Ann Miller was Daisy - I didn't think she was much of an actress back then, and still don't think she's much of one now.  And Rowena was played by Randall Edwards.  Of course, the only person who did not come out to the stage door between shows was Mr. Broderick... Hmm.. Where is that program?
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2003, 11:20:35 PM »

Good evening/morning...

DR George - I remember that pic of Gregory Harrison!  It was from that TV movie where he played an actor who had just moved to New York.  Unfortunately, his career doesn't take off like it did in his dreams, so he ends up taking off his clothes at a male strip club.  I remember the TV movie generating a lot of buzz at the time - and it still pops up from time to time on various channels at various times of the night.  Of course, the world of a male stripper turns out to be filled with some seedy goings-on, and after a close call at the club, he returns to the pursuit of his dream.  Ah... Ain't TV grand?   ;)  *Of course, I remember trying to discreetly watch it when it came on the first time - I was in high school at the time...  -What was that about "heat throbs"?  :P

Jose, thanks for the info.  I also have this picture and had NO idea what it was about!   ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2003, 11:30:17 PM »

Enough with the Gregory Harrison photos.  Blechhh.  Aren't they from a TV movie he did about Chippendale's?  I have never understood the appeal of Mr. Harrison, who was, I thought, a lightweight actor always, but especially in the revival of Follies.

Look, we were just Room 222 until this post made us 223.  If you want to reach higher, do it quickly for I shall post new notes in but a half-hour.

George

« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2003, 11:45:46 PM »

Don't worry, those are the only GH photos that I have.  I'll never need to post them again.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2003, 11:54:42 PM »

Don't worry, those are the only GH photos that I have.  I'll never need to post them again.

You're all out?  No more?   :(

;)

That series of photos looks like it was done for a magazine.  Most definitely "posed" and not from the TV movie.  I think he "played" a cop, Zorro, and.. ???  I also think Jeff Conway was in it too.  -Don't need pics of him.  Maybe his "Taxi" pal, Tony Danza...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: December 03, 2003, 12:01:15 AM »

Oh - this may have already been noted - and I may have missed it - but the revival of Nine will be closing December 14.  Let the winter house cleaning begin!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #227 on: December 03, 2003, 12:05:48 AM »

Actually, Marc Singer costarred with Harrison in that film.  Singer's role was as an out-of-control drug user who dies.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up