Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: UNTITLED  (Read 51864 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:UNTITLED
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »

Feel better vibes to DRs RLP and Ann! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ta!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2006, 10:30:11 AM »

Last night's "Medium":

SPOILER

Not one of my favorite episodes, although it was more gratifying at the end than at the beginning.

At first, I simply could not care less about Allison's brother and his meeting up with the strange woman called Leah.  I knew she had been in the bank robbery.  The two of them talking on their date were boring.  Couldn't get into them at all.

When I figured out Glenn Gordon Caron pulled a nice little "Sixth Sense" twist, the proceedings became more interesting to me.

Still...not one of the better episodes.  It reminded me of episodes he'd do in "Moonlighting" with characters less intriguing (to me) than Shepherd and Willis taking on the primary scenes.  

Still, it's nice to see that Allison's brother has some of the mojo she has...and that her daughters have.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2006, 10:30:23 AM »

PAGE 4
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 10:30:58 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2006, 10:30:43 AM »

Well, I'm having major heel and foot pain. It's been hurting for a few weeks now so I'm going to the doctor today. I'm also feeling a little blah today. I went into the office got about 10 calls in the first hour I was there. Then I packed up a bunch of work and brought it home.  I'll head to the doctor soon then come home and work

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2006, 10:33:25 AM »

Well I just read something very exciting on All That Chat.  It seems like Live From the Lincoln Center (PBS) will be airing LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA on june 15th.  I cannot wait to see this!

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2006, 10:37:29 AM »

Re: last night's MEDIUM.

spoilers.

I agree last night's episode was not initially as interesting as most, since Alison's brother is not really someone we can easily warm up to.

I liked how they left little clues (the bartender did not answer leah).  But I never really had a clue about leah (since alison looked out the window and saw her).  It was obvious right away that leah was the one from the bank robbery.  But the twist did sort of make the show work.

I still find the whole seeing dead people thing to be interesting.  I mean I guess i thought it was obvious to her by now which people were dead.

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2006, 10:37:34 AM »

TOD - I haven't read short stories for so long. I loved them in school, but haven't read them much since college. I'll have to think abou it

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2006, 10:38:19 AM »

Well, I'm having major heel and foot pain. It's been hurting for a few weeks now so I'm going to the doctor today. I'm also feeling a little blah today. I went into the office got about 10 calls in the first hour I was there. Then I packed up a bunch of work and brought it home.  I'll head to the doctor soon then come home and work

OOOOhhhh...I can RELATE.  I have a bone spur in one heel...and for a while, it was excruciatingly painful.  Some orthotic inserts for my shoes made all the difference...now I don't feel pain, even without the inserts.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

Re: last night's MEDIUM.

I still find the whole seeing dead people thing to be interesting.  I mean I guess i thought it was obvious to her by now which people were dead.

Thinking back on it, I'm fairly certain Allison's awareness of the dead is based on her visions of seeing someone die...and later recognizing them...or having personal knowledge of the deceased (i.e., her brother-in-law, her father-in-law).  I think she needs to either be told, by the ghost or circumstances, that someone she sees is dead.  In other words, I don't think it's been established that she "knows" a ghost at first sight.

In "Ghost Whisperer", Melinda generally senses that someone is out of place...and the ghosts usually react to her eye contact with them because they aren't used to being seen by anyone.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 10:44:22 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2006, 10:42:30 AM »

Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of MY FAIR LADY opening on Broadway.

Just so ya know.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2006, 10:45:40 AM »

Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of MY FAIR LADY opening on Broadway.

Just so ya know.

Most of us weren't born then....and only a few were fully grown and in attendance at the premiere.

Perhaps someone could share the excitement that was generated that first night?

Anyone?

:D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 10:47:13 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2006, 11:10:36 AM »

Oh My Gosh!  No posts in the past 25 minutes?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2006, 11:10:47 AM »

Is everyone napping?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2006, 11:10:54 AM »

Are folks out strolling?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2006, 11:11:04 AM »

Did everyone decide to take in a matinee?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2006, 11:13:09 AM »

I know...everyone is in a conference.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2006, 11:13:23 AM »

Where have the people gone?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2006, 11:13:35 AM »

Is everyone on earth out of town?

:o
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:15:03 AM by Ron Pulliam »

FJL

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2006, 11:14:11 AM »

Hmm...I'm having foot pain today too.  I'm hoping I can just sit at my desk and have the work come to me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2006, 11:15:35 AM »

Hmm...I'm having foot pain today too.  I'm hoping I can just sit at my desk and have the work come to me.

You, too?

You and Cillaliz!

You, TWO!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2006, 11:43:59 AM »

Where the heck did vixmom get to?

I went out to certify a check and do some errands for work and pick up lunch and I never logged out.... ::)

i am now eating some scrumptious baked chicken breast and carrots and string beans almondine from the Pathmark hot buffet across the street.... only $4.69 and there's plenty for tomorrow's lunch as well !! :D

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2006, 11:45:47 AM »

And I am off to get my car inspected--three months late--after finally replacing the cracked windshield.

Such an exciting life.

TTFN all.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2006, 12:29:16 PM »

DR Ron  what cold medicine are you taking today?

I want some!!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2006, 12:33:25 PM »

TOD - I loved To Build a Fire - was it Steinbeck? - when I first read it in 9th grade. I was quite taken with it. I have a whole book of short stories by Mark Twain, which I have read from cover to cover many times since i got it while I was in Junior High. I have maybe fifteen favorites from that book, which is up at the cabin right now, therefore unavailable for consultation.

Had some perfectly lovely emails from DR Ginny over the weekend, and George since yesterday. Ah, the Family of Choice, our friends - even a virtual F of C, over the 'net... how full and rich life is, when one is blessed with friends and interesting acquaintances!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2006, 12:44:31 PM »

There is a Canadian author - jeez, Penny - what's his NAME??? - famous guy... wrote Fifth Business, lotsa good Jungian novels... anyhow, he has a great book of short stories called... oh, forget it.

Robertson Davies!!!! oy.
PennyO

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

Are folks out strolling?

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw at the top of a tall tree:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2006, 12:46:01 PM »

AND a wonderful whole book of stories by Hermann Hesse... what the heck is the name of that book??? oy. (Think it has anything to do with the do-it-yourself lobotomy, back in the '60's???)
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2006, 12:47:18 PM »

Ooooohhhh!!! love the herons! Back at the house in Redmond WA, we had a great blue heron down in the pond out back all day every day in summer. Thanks for such a nice pic, DR Laura..
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2006, 12:53:44 PM »

Back for but a moment, but shall return shortly.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2006, 12:57:02 PM »

I've been in meetings almost all day long.  That's what I do on Tuesdays.  Meetings.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up