Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: RELAXATION TIME  (Read 66374 times)

Tomovoz

Re:RELAXATION TIME
« Reply #390 on: March 15, 2006, 08:22:33 PM »

I received my copy of the soundtrack for "Hustle and Flow" the other day.  I am so proud to have a copy of "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp".  It has already been played frequently.. At last I can get DP Colin to stop playing the Eminem song from a few years back and to truly move on.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 08:24:24 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #391 on: March 15, 2006, 08:25:10 PM »

THE CLOSER certainly had a wonderful episode with Mark O'Mara (whom I love now on his own ABC series IN JUSTICE) as the main suspect and Jefferson Mays as a psychiatrist involved in the case. I certainly was on the wrong wave length with the killer and thoroughly enjoyed the episode.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #392 on: March 15, 2006, 08:25:46 PM »

I recorded one of the SONS & DAUGHTERS episodes from ABC last night, and couldn't even get halfway through it tonight. I didn't find the people interesting or the situations and dialog at all funny.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 08:26:58 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #393 on: March 15, 2006, 08:28:10 PM »

BONES had a  fine episode with one of my favorite actors Adam Baldwin as a guest star. Some surprises along the way but the biggest surprise I figured out before it was sprung on the viewer.

Matt H.

« Reply #394 on: March 15, 2006, 08:29:32 PM »

VERONICA MARS had a satisfying episode. So nice to see the show again after such a long hiatus. Sad to say, the local UPN affiliate's engineer forgot to flip the switch, and the show was telecast here in standard definition.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #395 on: March 15, 2006, 08:29:44 PM »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #396 on: March 15, 2006, 08:31:07 PM »

Adam "My Bodyguard" Baldwin? Better than those all those Baldwin brothers combined.

Matt H.

« Reply #397 on: March 15, 2006, 08:31:44 PM »

And INVASION was gripping from begiining to end. I'm going to miss this show now off for at least the next month while THE EVIDENCE takes over this time period.

I'm surprised actually that ABC is trying another procedural here. EYES, a wonderful and innovative series, didn't draw flies in the same spot last year. I guess ABC is hedging its bets by only scheduling four episodes for the time being.

Since NBC is moving LAW & ORDER up an hour to 9 p.m., THE EVIDENCE will be facing a new NBC show in THE HEIST, so maybe that's why ABC is trying a procedural in that spot.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 08:40:49 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #398 on: March 15, 2006, 08:32:21 PM »

Adam "My Bodyguard" Baldwin? Better than those all those Baldwin brothers combined.

Yes, sir! And I agree with you completely.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #399 on: March 15, 2006, 08:32:36 PM »

Hey JRand, what if your birthday happens to be March 20? Good things in store??

Matt H.

« Reply #400 on: March 15, 2006, 08:35:29 PM »

The AMERICAN IDOL results - - - - - -

spoiler - - - - - --

Just goes to show that NO ONE is safe. If you're a fan and want to keep the singer around, you have to vote. I have to admit I was expecting fully Bucky in the bottom three and maybe even going home. I never would have thought Ace was so close to leaving.

Simon was right, however. It should serve to him as a wake-up call to pick better songs and sing with more authority, and a wake up call to his fans to call during the entire two hour voting period.

Matt H.

« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2006, 08:38:26 PM »

I remember COnstantine was placed in the bottom TWO fairly early last season that shocked a lot of people and then he was safe for several weeks in a row.

Matt H.

« Reply #402 on: March 15, 2006, 09:07:15 PM »

Heading down now for bed.

Good night, everyone!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #403 on: March 15, 2006, 09:18:51 PM »

Happy to bring it to your attention, MattH.  Perhaps a little visit to www.kritzerland.com is in order - you can hear samples from it and other releases.  In case you somehow missed it, Kritzerland is a new record label :-)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #404 on: March 15, 2006, 09:45:16 PM »

Good Evening!

WOW!  14 Pages of Posts!!!

I have to be at the first Lestat orchestra rehearsal in eight hours, so...  I shall try my best to read the posts from today before getting ready for bed.

So... I best get readin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #405 on: March 15, 2006, 10:05:14 PM »

All the best for the re-hears-al Jose.   May it a not be in vein! (Colin and I hope you are still with the show and indeed the show with you  in September).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2006, 10:07:27 PM »

Whew!  I think I made record time!  Reading thirteen and a half pages of posts in about 23 minutes!

-I guess those speed-reading classes we took as part of our AP English class in high school have paid off!

:)

And now...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #407 on: March 15, 2006, 10:08:24 PM »

DR Danise - Sending ~~~~VIBES OF GOOD WISHES AND GOOD HEALTH~~~~ your way.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #408 on: March 15, 2006, 10:11:45 PM »

DR Cillaliz - As for the whole diet and exercise bit... I actually took two weeks to get my diet under control before starting my exercise regime.  Yes, getting motivated to exercise is/was hard, but finding the will power to resist that piece of cake or that chocolate bar was - and still is - even harder.  This also allowed to concentrate on just one aspect of "getting healthy", and eased the potential frustration factor.

*Just remember, the once you do start exercising more, you may have to start eating more - well, at least more frequently in order to properly feed your muscles post-workout, as well as keeping your blood sugar levels consistent through the day.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2006, 10:12:08 PM »

As for tonight's "American Idol"....

WOW!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2006, 10:14:04 PM »

And a big Thank You to everyone for their continued well wishes and support regarding Lestat and my "dream".  I really am still giddy about the whole shebang.  I was walking around the Village earlier tonight when my friend, James, turned to me and said, "Twelve hours from now, you will be an official Broadway pit musician."

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2006, 10:16:54 PM »

Nice mail day.  The "Man of La Mancha" score arrived, a student wants to work of some things from that show and the vocal selections are lacking.  Also in the mail was an eBay auction won... "Porgy and Bess" - The Houston Grand Opera recording, one that many people here have reccommended and I finally found it on eBay, it's all very exciting.

3rd dress rehearsal for "Aida" tonight.  I think I'm close to having my keyboard button pushing choreography down.  One of these days I'll grow up and get something that's more automatic.  It's a fun book to play, lots of great string lines.  

DR Matthew - What type of keyboard are you using?  Do you know if you're able to do "foot patching" - programming a switch pedal to advance the patch setting.  It does take a few extra keystrokes, but if you set up a "template patch", then just copy that to all the "locations", all you have to do is edit the sound patches.

Make sense?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #412 on: March 15, 2006, 10:24:33 PM »

As for the Lestat pit arrangement...

16 players will be in the main pit.  Three of us will up on the seventh floor of The Palace (in an unused dressing room).  We will be able to see the conductor via a video monitor.  We will also have an audio feed from the soundboard in order to hear the rest of the pit.  I'm not sure we'll each have individual mixing boards and headphones - which is what was used with Mamma Mia! and Aida.  And for communication purposes, there will be a headset/clearcom to communicate with the conductor and stage management.

This, alas, has been sort of a common arrangement lately.  I remember the strings for The Who's Tommy were actually in another building.  Oh, and the rest of the pit for the revival of Follies was also in "another room" - since five players could only fit in the pit there.

Oh, and when Mamma Mia! was in DC last spring, the drummer and bass player were backstage.  It was always fun right before we started... The conductor would get on the headset, "Drew (bass player) are you back there?"  "Bobby (drummer) are you back there?"  And each of them would answer with some sort of musical lick.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #413 on: March 15, 2006, 10:26:33 PM »

DR Ben et al - Are you planning on going to Chelsea Clearview Cinemas (Where Dreams Come True) tomorrow/today to see "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte"?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #414 on: March 15, 2006, 10:34:30 PM »

Oh, as for favorite Jones & Schmidt song... Basically everything in I Do! I Do!.  I'm particularly fond of "When The Kids Get Married" and "What Is A Woman?".

*When I was in high school, my Drama/English teach and his wife, Michael and Valerie Garcia, performed in I Do! I Do! as a special fund-raiser for the drama program.  They did one weekend of the show.  It really was a great production - and wonderful experience all around.  And I could tell that having an actual married couple play Michael and Agnes added that "certain something" to the proceedings.  -Oh, and they used the two-piano and percussion arrangement of the orchestration.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #415 on: March 15, 2006, 10:34:59 PM »

Actually, DR DakotaCelt, you use the marquee command for each sentence.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

You will note the word "left" is in the command.  You can change "left" to "right"...or "Up" or "down" to get the desired end result.

But waving a wand never hurts, either.

Thank you ron!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #416 on: March 15, 2006, 10:35:47 PM »

OK - I really must get to bed now...

Thankfully, rehearsal is just from nine to Noon tomorrow... And then I have nothing else the rest of the day.   I suspect a nap will occupy part of my afternoon.  :)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2006, 10:38:23 PM »

Well I most definitely live in Canada! :)

All I am telling you guys is what I know.  What we call bacon here is the same thing you call bacon in the US.  And as for Commonwealth Day, it is most definitely not a holiday celebrated here.  There is a chance it is celebrated in other provinces.  But as I said I have not heard of it.  And when I did a search on "commonwealth day" it showed that it is a holiday in the UK.  Perhaps technically since Queen Elizabeth is our queen, then i suppose it is our holiday too.  But it's not one celebrated at all, at least not in Quebec.

Jennifer, I am confused...

Dominion day is July 1, when is commonwealth Day?

I have rellies in SK! have you been to Banff??
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2006, 10:43:07 PM »

I really need to get around to interviewing Mr. Rivero.

DR mBarnum, how did the rest of your interview with Tony Dow go?? I am curious to hear...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2006, 10:50:45 PM »

The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

As you look closer to the horizon, the sky appears much paler in color. To reach you, the scattered blue light must pass through more air. Some of it gets scattered away again in other directions. Less blue light reaches your eyes. The color of the sky near the horizon appears paler or white.

On Earth, the sun appears yellow. If you were out in space, or on the moon, the sun would look white. In space, there is no atmosphere to scatter the sun's light. On Earth, some of the shorter wavelength light (the blues and violets) are removed from the direct rays of the sun by scattering. The remaining colors together appear yellow.

Also, out in space, the sky looks dark and black, instead of blue. This is because there is no atmosphere. There is no scattered light to reach your eyes.

That is what that was flying thought the sky on my drime north from Fargo!!!

You Might have warmed me Ron... I nearly went in the ditch!!  LOL!!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up