Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 190,000 POSTS  (Read 60297 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:190,000 POSTS
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2006, 07:58:46 AM »

No dance for Page Two!

But a nice Disney vista from TARZAN!

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2006, 08:00:01 AM »

Heading down now for some general household work before settling in for the afternoon with some DVDs.

Since I'm not interesting in the NCAA tournament, I'll be DVDing it this evening for sure.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Danise

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2006, 08:00:18 AM »

'Morning all!

When the repair man showed up yesterday, he told me that a tree branch was blocking the signal but he wouldn't cut it down for me. With that, he left.  He did leave the parts and told me to call him when I could manage to get the limb down.

So Dear Readers, guess what I had to do?  Cutting tree limbs are NOT on the list of things that I should do but I did it.  

Instead of calling HIM back, I went ahead and reset the dish myself and got the satellite working all by myself.  Sigh.  So much for customer service.   :-\

TomovOz--I really enjoyed seeing the Bear pictures.  They really made me  :).
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2006, 08:02:38 AM »

Danise, I think you have officially done everything on the list of things not to do after having major surgery!  Take care of yourself!!!

Danise

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2006, 08:12:24 AM »

Danise, I think you have officially done everything on the list of things not to do after having major surgery!  Take care of yourself!!!

I know.  It wasn't planned, believe me.   Every time I say that's the last thing I'm going to do that  I shouldn't, something else happens.  

I need to go back to work so I can relax!  I still have 2 whole weeks of "rest" ahead of me.  Lord only knows what else is going to happen in that time.  I don't know if I'm going to make it.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2006, 08:19:09 AM »

Good morning. I am drinking my coffee and awaiting the arrival of Digger the dog who will be spending the week with uncle Mike and cousin Freddy while his owners, Mark and James, are in Wyoming visiting Mark's family.

Danise

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2006, 08:26:59 AM »

Good morning. I am drinking my coffee and awaiting the arrival of Digger the dog who will be spending the week with uncle Mike and cousin Freddy while his owners, Mark and James, are in Wyoming visiting Mark's family.

I hope Mark and James have a wonderful time.  I know that Digger will enjoy his vist with you, DR MBarnum.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2006, 08:39:42 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, a bit earlier than I'd like to be, but not by much.

I figured divoon was from Rock Hunter.

Now let's reach our new plateau, shall we?

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2006, 08:46:13 AM »

Hi, bk, ginny, Matt...

I had great ideas for the changes to my play which my fabu new mentor suggested! So today will be a  bit of a work day. Also going to my sister Tami's son Jesse's fiancee's mother's house this morning to help assemble the invitations to the wedding.

Oh, what a beeyootifull mornin'!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2006, 08:47:02 AM »

So, Bruce, how was the play last night??
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2006, 08:48:02 AM »

Already told a few folks about the possible cast change - maybe a dozen of my peeps would show for the event...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2006, 08:48:33 AM »

Well, ONWARD!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2006, 08:50:18 AM »

Ginny: should I contact the Arts Org directly, with my Art as Lifework seminar/cum performance/cum arts-in-ed proposal??
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2006, 08:52:13 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I was up early this morning to go to the grocery before having to leave in a little over an hour to take my empty car to the University of Cincinnati to move DS Rob home for spring and summer quarters.  He starts his co-op job a week from Monday.

TOD - funny you should ask, BK, about dinner parties because I'm throwing one tomorrow night.  The guests will be:

My mother
My aunt (her sister)
My two cousins and the son of one of them
My niece Laura, who many Hainsies/Kimlets met a year ago this   weekend when we gathered in NYC for DR PennyO's show
My son Rob

My aunt's two sons live in Georgia and Japan.  The one from Japan, who has lived there and taught English for almost 20 years, arrived in GA with his teenage son a couple of days ago and the three of them are now on their way to Ohio.  My niece, a golf pro, is on her way from Illinois with the golf cart Rob and I are buying my mother to replace her car, which will become Rob's.

The menu is make-your-own tacos & trimmings.  We will have both soft and crunchy shells, beef and chicken fillings, lots of veggies, Spanish rice, refried beans, salsa, sour cream - what have I forgotten?  My mom and aunt are in charge of drinks and dessert.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2006, 08:53:41 AM »

Well, i guess you ARE enjoying your 5 day vacation! How did the book sale turn out? I love used book sales...
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2006, 08:54:29 AM »

Ginny: should I contact the Arts Org directly, with my Art as Lifework seminar/cum performance/cum arts-in-ed proposal??

PennyO - why don't I pass along what you sent me (when I get back to work next week) and find out how they would prefer to proceed?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2006, 08:54:37 AM »

Yipes! 9 Ayem - I really must get on with it! okay, later, gaters!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2006, 08:55:12 AM »

Cool beans, Gin! Thanks. Have a swell day!
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2006, 09:44:33 AM »

Well, i guess you ARE enjoying your 5 day vacation! How did the book sale turn out? I love used book sales...

The book sale continues today and tomorrow.  The report this morning was that we'd made over $2200 Thursday evening and Friday.  Sunday is the bag sale, in which customers buy a brown paper grocery bag for $4 and fill it with books.  We move a lot on that last day.  The money raised is used for scholarships.

DR PennyO and others might be interested in Book Sale Finder
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 09:48:06 AM by Ginny »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2006, 09:51:56 AM »

I guess the charcaters will be having quite a few libations in the all-live LORD OF THE RINGS.

Have I mentioned I'll be E&T (Entertained and Traveled) today, seeing LORD OF THE RINGS in Toronto?

Oh, that's right, I have mentioned it.  :)

Thanik you for defining E & T.... I have been wondering that was but I was too shy to ask.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2006, 09:52:54 AM »

I haven't seen Charlotte Rae in anything since I saw 70, GIRLS, 70 at the El Portal several years ago.  Looking forward to the Encores show, and especially Rodzinski's Playbill.

Have a great day, all.

She was on Facts of Life and Diff'rent Strokes
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2006, 09:57:40 AM »

DR DakotaCelt, I read this morning that a favorite movie you mentioned the other night - CHEYENNE AUTUMN - is being released June 6th, so that will give you something to look forward to.

Warners is doing two John Ford boxes in June was well. One is a big John Ford-John Wayne box with new versions of THE SEARCHERS, STAGECOACH, and their other films together which Warners controls the rights to. The other will be a Ford box with such films as CHEYENNE AUTUMN and MARY OF SCOTLAND among others.

For Ford and Wayne fans, sounds like heaven.

Thanks for the heads up on Cheyenne Autumn DR MattH.... I plan on getting then but It will be too late for my paper....

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2006, 09:57:49 AM »

Thanik you for defining E & T.... I have been wondering that was but I was too shy to ask.

The usual usage of E and T is errant and truant, but I like FJL's better

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2006, 09:58:27 AM »

We are getting very close to 190,000 posts

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2006, 09:59:23 AM »

If I'm right we only need about 6 more posts to make the milestone

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2006, 09:59:44 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the Park of Oak to work with Mr. David Wechter, hence I may not be here for the new plateau, but I shall celebrate with the best of them upon my returning for which I know you'll be yearning.

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2006, 10:00:01 AM »

I'm looking for Salsa recipes or anything else to do with lots of tomatoes and peppers

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2006, 10:00:22 AM »

I agree TPunk, DR Danise, please take care of yourselff....

On the case of customer service, I agree, that was rather poor of him...

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2006, 10:01:12 AM »

We're almost there...

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2006, 10:01:41 AM »

Get out the party hats and do a 190,000 post dance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up