Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: 190,000 POSTS  (Read 60543 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:190,000 POSTS
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2006, 09:47:23 PM »

DOUBLE JEOPARDY was a hundred times more entertaining than TWISTED.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2006, 09:48:10 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 9 Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2006, 09:48:41 PM »

Now, I'm off to bed.

Enjoy the rest of the evening, everyone!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2006, 10:01:21 PM »

MBarnum, are the Four Aces in that one?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2006, 10:39:09 PM »

Back from a very good show, with a swell audience of very receptive folks.  In the notes I shall at long last let the cat out of the bag.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2006, 11:00:38 PM »

Sounds intriguing... ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2006, 11:02:36 PM »

MBarnum, are the Four Aces in that one?

Yes they are!

George

« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2006, 11:09:21 PM »

I am home.  I've been gone all day, and a long day it's been...but it should have been longer.  Let me explain:

When I went to bed last night, I had every intention of going in to work to make up five hours that I didn't work during my regular week (long lunches with errands, leaving a little early, etc.), but when I woke up, I dilly-dallied and procrastinated by watching a bit of TV (two hours worth).  Then, when I finally got out of bed (it was about 11:00 a.m. at this point), I went to take a shower, but decided to wash my bathtub.  I've sort-of washed it before (not as thoroughly one should, though), and I had never used any of the Soft Scrub bleach product that I had gotten last year (I got a three-pack at Costco).  So, I sprayed and spread it all over my tub and started soft-scrubbing (making sure that my bathroom door and window were opened).  

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2006, 11:09:59 PM »

The Soft Scrub worked fairly well, but was tiring with all that scrubbing...and it was bleach.  Breathing in bleach for only 10 minutes or so (even with the breeze) was more than enough for me.  I didn't get to finish the whole tub, but where I did get to was cleaner than it's been in a long, long time (I know, my bad).  So I rinsed out everything and took my shower, shaved, got dressed, checked e-mail, ate, etc.  I finally get to work at about 1:30 p.m.  That's what should have made my day longer.  I was planning on getting to work earlier, by 10:00 a.m., so that I would be done by 3:00 p.m.  But no, I had to dilly-dally and procrastinate.  I couldn't stay any longer than 5:00 p.m., because that's when the Central Reference people leave and I don't have a key to the building or the code to the security system.  AND I had to work concessions for the Evening of Harmony A Cappella contest at 6:00 p.m., so I only got to work three and a half hours, instead of five.  Oh, well.  It's only vacation time. ::) That was my morning and afternoon. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2006, 11:15:06 PM »

Back from a very good show, with a swell audience of very receptive folks.  In the notes I shall at long last let the cat out of the bag.

Good bk, the cats meowing has really been getting loud!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2006, 11:23:11 PM »

The a cappella contest was very good.  They had eight group contestants and the winner of this gets to go to Califonia for the nationals.  Whoever wins that, gets a whole bunch of stuff, including a recording deal of some sort.  Most of the groups were very good.  A couple of groups were okay, but nobody was horrible (one year, a local group made up of friends of mine were not very good at all :P Of course, I couldn't tell them that). ::)

Anyway, a good time was had by all.  My favorite group, who ended up winning third place, was a lesbian group from Seattle called DISH.  I thought that they were very good...and not just because they're lesbians. ;) I bought their CD.  They have such songs as M-U-L-L-E-T (sung to the tune of M-O-T-H-E-R), Dykie Girl (sung to Duke of Earl) and Princess Xena (Mr. Sandman).  Highly recommended to the open minded. ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: March 18, 2006, 11:24:04 PM »

The Soft Scrub worked fairly well, but was tiring with all that scrubbing...and it was bleach.  Breathing in bleach for only 10 minutes or so (even with the breeze) was more than enough for me.  I didn't get to finish the whole tub, but where I did get to was cleaner than it's been in a long, long time (I know, my bad).  So I rinsed out everything and took my shower, shaved, got dressed, checked e-mail, ate, etc.  I finally get to work at about 1:30 p.m.  That's what should have made my day longer.  I was planning on getting to work earlier, by 10:00 a.m., so that I would be done by 3:00 p.m.  But no, I had to dilly-dally and procrastinate.  I couldn't stay any longer than 5:00 p.m., because that's when the Central Reference people leave and I don't have a key to the building or the code to the security system.  AND I had to work concessions for the Evening of Harmony A Cappella contest at 6:00 p.m., so I only got to work three and a half hours, instead of five.  Oh, well.  It's only vacation time. ::) That was my morning and afternoon. :)

It keeps you on your toe!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2006, 11:43:24 PM »

When I got home, I got a package from eBay...it's ANOTHER original release stereo LP of Golden Boy (yes, I did buy it again ::)).  It's a lot better than the first copy that I got (that was bent), but it has a little crackling noise throughout.  Otherwise, it sounds good.  I can easily make a CD from this!  AND it also came with a program from the show!  It didn't have the sticker on the shrinkwrap that said that the album had a program inside!  My lucky day! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2006, 11:46:06 PM »

When I got home, I got a package from eBay...it's ANOTHER original release stereo LP of Golden Boy (yes, I did buy it again ::)).  It's a lot better than the first copy that I got (that was bent), but it has a little crackling noise throughout.  Otherwise, it sounds good.  I can easily make a CD from this!  AND it also came with a program from the show!  It didn't have the sticker on the shrinkwrap that said that the album had a program inside!  My lucky day! ;D

A lucky day indeed....

Just borrowed a few cds from my freind Maureen and two of them are nto readily avialable in the US. Sanctuary and Oisin.

George

« Reply #254 on: March 18, 2006, 11:59:11 PM »

Just borrowed a few cds from my freind Maureen and two of them are nto readily avialable in the US. Sanctuary and Oisin.

I've never heard of them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: March 19, 2006, 12:01:36 AM »

I've never heard of them.

Oisin is an album by Miheal O' Suilleabhan and Sanctuary is a new age album with celtic motifs by the group of the same name

George

« Reply #256 on: March 19, 2006, 12:26:35 AM »

Well, I've read the new posts, but today is still open!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up