Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CONNECTING THE DOTS  (Read 60839 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:CONNECTING THE DOTS
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2006, 10:02:46 AM »

WOW!

We're about to start the tech... And they brought on the New Orleans living room set...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2006, 10:03:15 AM »

OK...

Time for me to head back up to the seventh floor.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2006, 10:06:28 AM »

OK - But, again... Just in case... You know how to reach me.

*Be sure to get a take out container of rice pudding from Artie's sometime today.

Thank you, dear, for the generous offer and the reminder.  That Artie's rice pudding cures anything!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2006, 10:07:05 AM »

DR Danise - WOW!  That is one doozy of a bill.  I still remember my one and only emergency room visit - just shy of $800, and they still didn't find out what was wrong with me?!?!?!  -And that was about 10 years ago.  I can't imagine what that would cost now.

*And the kicker was that since I was not admitted to the hospital overnight, my insurance did not cover the ER visit.  -And if I had been admitted and stayed a couple of days, then they would have covered all but $80.

Insurance.  Can’t live with it or without it.

I'm facing a bill that the insurance didn't pay because they said the doctor was out of network.  

I'm going to raise cane about it when it arrives.  What is the first thing that a doctors office asks when you call them?  What insurance do you have and then they tell you they accept it or not.

I'm sorry that I was in la la land when this doctor (who I have a very vage memory of  just standing by my bed) attended to me (doing what I have no idea) and I didn't have the presence of mind to ask if he accepted my insurance!  

Surely he should have checked that before he entered the room!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2006, 10:08:56 AM »

I promise to at least try.  I fell asleep in the easy chair yesterday afternoon and didn't wake up until about six PM.  

No climbing trees
No home repairs
No mowing the lawn
No heavy lifting
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2006, 10:10:29 AM »

No, sir!!   ;) :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2006, 10:11:53 AM »

Errr, maybe I should have said, Yes, Sir!!!  ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2006, 10:12:04 AM »

Good grief, DR Elmore!  Just got back from my errands and read of your mishap - take care, please.

Thank you all for the kind vibes!  I'm really fine, just scratched and cut up.  I didn't fall on my head, I didn't break a bone.  At most I need a new lens for my glasses.  I mostly embarassed myself publicly once again.  Luckily, it's becoming second nature.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2006, 10:14:06 AM »

Matt's coming now - earlier than I thought - so better take a shower and we'll see how it goes.

Danise

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2006, 10:15:58 AM »

Thank you all for the kind vibes!  I'm really fine, just scratched and cut up.  I didn't fall on my head, I didn't break a bone.  At most I need a new lens for my glasses.  I mostly embarassed myself publicly once again.  Luckily, it's becoming second nature.

Really Dear Elmore, it's those unexpected "trips" that hurt the worse.  I still think you should have your doctor give you a once over to be sure everything is alright and I would bill the store for the expense.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2006, 10:16:40 AM »

Matt's coming now - earlier than I thought - so better take a shower and we'll see how it goes.

Vibes to you as well, BK.  I hope everything goes very well.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2006, 10:19:52 AM »

TOD - My favorite painting is Mark Tobey's "Broadway Melody," which hangs in Museum of Art at The University of Michigan.  Here's an image of his "Broadway, 1936," which somewhat resembles it:
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2006, 10:37:15 AM »

Those paintings that look like someone just threw the paint and everyone thinks are wonderful just make me scratch my head.

I felt so sorry for that little boy that got is such trouble for putting gum on that painting a few weeks back.  I told Mom that he didn't do it any harm--it didn't look like anything anyway.  I really don't know what the big deal was.

I like a picture to at least look like something.  

LOL!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2006, 10:44:37 AM »

Well, seriously about those paintings that look like someone just threw up on them.  Do people like them because they are some kind of art or are they really to scared to say “That looks like crap!” for fear of not sounding sophisticated enough?  

I’ve seen an elephant who could paint just as well (if not better!) then some of those kind of works.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2006, 10:45:28 AM »

Jackson Pollock is rolling over...and over...and over...in his grave.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2006, 10:46:50 AM »

I'm wondering when DR Jose will get around to writing a book about "this phase" of his life.

He can call it:

"My Right Foot...no..My Left Foot...No..it's My Right..No My Left...Foot!"

(I just did some catching up from yesterday's posts!  :D )
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:47:10 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2006, 10:47:59 AM »

Well, seriously about those paintings that look like someone just threw up on them.  Do people like them because they are some kind of art or are they really to scared to say “That looks like crap!” for fear of not sounding sophisticated enough?  

I’ve seen an elephant who could paint just as well (if not better!) then some of those kind of works.  :)

I love those elephant paintings!

Honestly!

I really like the kinds of paintings that are just splashes of colors (see the ones I posted above...if you can take your eyes off of Gordon Mitchell's muscles)...I also like watercolors. I am not much for realism in paintings, myself. But that is horseracing of course.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2006, 10:48:24 AM »

Also, DR Jose....any seemingly "good group" becomes infinitely better when "pot lucks" come into play!

Danise

« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2006, 10:50:44 AM »

Jackson Pollock is rolling over...and over...and over...in his grave.

Well, if he's one of those kind of "artists", tell him to keep on rolling, honey.  Maybe he'll at least generate some new kind of engery and produce something useful at last!  ;) ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2006, 10:58:57 AM »

I am not much for realism in paintings, myself. But that is horseracing of course.

How about something like this?

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2006, 11:00:03 AM »

BK wrote:
Hadn't thought about How To Write A Dirty Book and other stories as a title.  I'd be worried that people would get the wrong idea, but it is sort of amusing.

I think that is a fun title. Probably the one that would get the most attention. But I agree, I think people might get the wrong idea.

Also I meant to say this yesterday, but I agree with some others who said they weren't thrilled with the "and other stories" part of the title.

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2006, 11:02:39 AM »

OMG, i'm sorry to hear about your fall DR Elmore.  Feel better vibes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2006, 11:21:24 AM »

Good luck running lines BK...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2006, 11:22:25 AM »

~~~~ feel better vibes to DR Elmore~~~~~~

Take care elmore and I hope you are okay
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2006, 11:24:24 AM »

Here's a painting that Ruby, the elephant at the Phoenix Zoo, painted:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2006, 11:26:36 AM »

My favorite painter of all time is Claude Monet...

Since the picture is so large, I am only going to post a link to one of my favorite paintings, The Poppies.

http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/monet/first/le-havre.jpg

I also like Remington, Russell, Bodmer, Cassatt, and Dali.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2006, 11:26:54 AM »

I have to admit that I am a not that great when it comes to art.  Those paintings that look like someone just threw the paint and everyone thinks are wonderful just make me scratch my head.

I like a picture to at least look like something.  

I agree with you, Danise! I am such a disappiontment to  DRs Kerry and MusicGuy, because I just don't get art.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2006, 11:27:39 AM »

Neat painting DR Laura!! A very creative elephant!

MBarnum

« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »

I would hang Ruby's painting in my home.

Danise

« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2006, 11:30:11 AM »

Here's a painting that Ruby, the elephant at the Phoenix Zoo, painted:

Now that works for me!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up