Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICKEN TENDERS  (Read 61451 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:CHICKEN TENDERS
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 08:15:53 AM »

I see that the new KING KONG and THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA are coming out next week on DVD. Still have no interest in the new KONG but will spring for NARNIA.

I'll catch KONG at year's end on HBO or whichever paycable movie channel gets the rights.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 08:19:04 AM »

Page Two Yo-Yo Dance!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 08:26:12 AM »

Last night's "American Idol":

NON-SPOILER -- but if my reactions to individuals might spoil it for you, pass on by!

Four people totally blew me away:  Mandisa, Katherine, Elliot and Kellie.

One very nearly accomplished that: Paris

Two were pleasant:  Lisa and Kevin

And four left me bored beyond words:  Bucky, Taylor (the return of a spastic Forrest Gump), Chris (Johnny One-Note -- imagine a full concert by him in which every song is done exactly the same way...with throbbing lights and swinging microphone stands -- y-a-w-n) and Ace (where was the voice he had when he was singing at the piano with Manilow???).

Performance of the night, for me, was Elliot's.

Bottom three tonight:  Ace, Lisa and Bucky.  I think Bucky will go.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:27:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 08:29:29 AM »

I've seen far worse movies than "Monsignor"...which, if a bit turgid, was still pleasant to look at, had some nasty intrigue and one of the most wonderful music scores anyone ever wrote for a 1980s film.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:30:17 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 08:32:49 AM »

I've seen far worse movies than "Monsignor"...which, if a bit turgid, was still pleasant to look at, had some nasty intrigue and one of the most wonderful music scores anyone ever wrote for a 1980s film.

It put me to sleep.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2006, 08:34:14 AM »

In addition to DR TomovOz's revelation of a Latvian dish called rigamarole, the term is also used in Italy -- in the little town of Lecce -- for a folk dance.

On festival days, everyone crosses their chests with their arms, taking the hands of the person to their left and right and a huge circular dance ensues...the rigamarole (pronounced ree'-gah-mah-roll'-ay).

It's quite the sight.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:36:18 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2006, 08:34:57 AM »

I think What Ace's performance showed is that he does not possess a powerful voice at all. In fact, it's sort of tentative and doesn't have a great tone either.

I think I have been most disappointed with Lisa who impressed me so much with "I Am Changing" during the first semifinal round and has never measured up to that potential since then. She sings pleasantly enough, but she's totally lackluster.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2006, 08:35:22 AM »

It put me to sleep.

It was probably your date's fault.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2006, 08:38:06 AM »

Chris had me for the early part of "I Walk the Line" because it was so quiet and unusual, but then when he ramped up the volume and went into his rocker thing, it was same ole-same ole that we've seen for five weeks now.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2006, 08:38:13 AM »

I am eagerly looking forward to next week's release on DVD of "King Kong"!

"Narnia", on the other hand, appeals to me about as much as the prospect of watching Val Kilmer in a 4-hour musical version of "The Ten Commandments" (.e.....not at all!).

;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:38:40 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2006, 08:41:30 AM »

Guess I'll head down now and get started on lunch.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2006, 08:42:57 AM »

Chris had me for the early part of "I Walk the Line" because it was so quiet and unusual, but then when he ramped up the volume and went into his rocker thing, it was same ole-same ole that we've seen for five weeks now.

It certainly was...in fact, the first part was just a tease.  What irritated me the most was the judges, especially Paula, praising him by saying "You know who you are" and "you stay true to yourself."  And Simon's comment that he is the first "Idol" contestant who has refused to compromise himself for the sake of song tells me only that Chris is inflexible...and, thus far, incapable of anything more than a rehash of the performance he gave three weeks ago, repeated last ... and this ... week.

Right now, the judges seem to admire him for that.  When he gives another identical performance next week, I think they might change their tunes.  Both Randy and Simon agreed last night's song wasn't his best vocal...when, IMO, the first part of the song was ABSOLUTELY the best vocal he's displayed.  But he ruined it for me midway.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:57:10 AM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2006, 08:46:06 AM »

congrats on 1600 FJL!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2006, 08:52:51 AM »

'Morning all!

I also have a lunch date with the lady who retired from where I work a few years back.  We're going to the Olive Garden for their Endless Soup and Salad.  Yum!  Looking forward to it.

Love Olive Garden

Now if only some others would make the jump to DVD. The Awakening Land with Elizabeth Montgomery, for example,  is another that I would love to own.  

That is another one I would love to see on DVD
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:56:29 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2006, 08:55:53 AM »

Re: last night's AMERICAN IDOL.

I also think the bottom 3 will be bucky, kevin and lisa, with bucky going home. Well that is what i hope will happen.  But i'll bet we'll get at least one surprise in there.  With people voting FOR contestants (instead of AGAINST THEM) there are always going to be surprises.

I enjoyed last night's show and was very impressed with Chris.  Most of the singers keep the same old arrangements and they can be boring. I really think he has to be the frontrunner now.  But it also depends on who gets voted out (and where their fans go). And I also think it depends on how the judges act.  For instance Simon especially has been saying some very good things about katharine. ANd i think if he continues to do that, she could go very far.

I loved watching the clips with barry manilow. It was really wonderful watching how he helped each singer.

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2006, 08:59:28 AM »

Oh and another comment re: IDOL.

One of the reasons I think Chris is one of the frontrunners is because of how the judges react to him. I don't think he has the best voice (probably katharine and elliot to me do).  But the way they talk chris up, will take him far.  Now this could all change. BUt if they continue to love him, i'd be shocked if he wasn't final 3.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2006, 09:03:44 AM »

Re: last night's AMAZING RACE.

SPOILERS for last night's show.

I loved it! And boy am i glad that last week was a TBC, cause otherwise our dating nerds would be gone.

I loved that there was so much to do last night. But what happened to the cillaliz computer crash airport thing. I did not see that!

I liked the mother/daughter. But between them and the dannis. I didn't care which one went. I was so sick of all the drama and all the mistakes. I hated how the dannis simply followed the other team. ANd i hated how the mother/daughter kept getting lost.

I like seeing how shocked fran and barry get everytime they are not last. And i was glad that they have some navigational skills.

The ken guys and hippies seem like the favorites. They are both so good and seem to do well and leap to the front no matter what task they are faced with.

I was sorry that the guy who yells at his wife did well. I really do not like him! It was funny though how his wife gave him exactly what he asked for after he told her to stop being negative. Funny stuff.

I still like the dating nerds, but not sure if they are still my favorites. I do like them and mojo (barbie and ken). But both these teams have not shown the strength that i want to win.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2006, 09:04:02 AM »

I'm up after a decent night's sleep.  A bit groggy, but alive, but alive, but alive.

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2006, 09:07:08 AM »

RE: idol bottom 3.

I wonder if Kevin will be bottom 3 after all.

Personally, while he's not my favorite. I do find him sort of appealing. He's sweet and while he certainly won't win, I don't mind having him stick around for a while.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/eo/20060321/114299352003.html

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2006, 09:30:14 AM »

Hello busy day at work.  laters
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2006, 09:34:38 AM »

BK, are you still collecting photos of Ms. Parrish???

If so then you might want to be checking this one out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEXY-LESLIE-PARRISH-AS-DAISY-MAE-AL-CAPP-LIL-ABNER-PORT_W0QQitemZ7602799030QQcategoryZ60315QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2006, 09:55:11 AM »

Oh and another comment re: IDOL.

One of the reasons I think Chris is one of the frontrunners is because of how the judges react to him. I don't think he has the best voice (probably katharine and elliot to me do).  But the way they talk chris up, will take him far.  Now this could all change. BUt if they continue to love him, i'd be shocked if he wasn't final 3.

Remember LaToya London!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2006, 09:56:18 AM »

RE: idol bottom 3.

I wonder if Kevin will be bottom 3 after all.

Personally, while he's not my favorite. I do find him sort of appealing. He's sweet and while he certainly won't win, I don't mind having him stick around for a while.

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/eo/20060321/114299352003.html

I'd rather listen to Kevin sing more than to be subjected to any more Bucky, Ace or...sad to say it...Lisa.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »

Re: last night's AMAZING RACE.

SPOILERS for last night's show.

After last night's show, it became so clear to me that either the frat boys or the hippies are the sure winners of this race.  They are the only teams that exhibited no signs of fatigue after this particularly grueling leg of the race.  Barring any huge boneheaded mistake (and we've seen those occur many a time) or some huge stroke of bad luck, I'm willing to bet that these two teams will win all of the race legs and that they will place first and second at the finale.  I'll be rooting for the hippies.  They are now my favorite team.

I'm also willing to bet that the next race in which the old folks come in last, it will be a non-elimination round.  Doesn't it always go that way?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

Not to be mean or anything but what show are you talking about?

If it is on CBS, we dont get it here unless you have cable....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2006, 10:26:20 AM »

A trivia question carried over from last night....

What former daytime star, b movie actor and early television star has a  star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame?

(pssst bk cannot ask Matt!)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2006, 10:31:51 AM »

DR Danise, do you also like Blake's 7?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2006, 10:34:09 AM »

For all:

What TV shows would you like to see on DVD?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2006, 10:51:26 AM »

For all:

What TV shows would you like to see on DVD?

I'd like for Fox to continue the "Dynasty" series beyond season 1 on DVD...to completion.

Ditto "Mary Tyler Moore."

I'd like to see "The Lieutenant" in a complete DVD set (it only lasted a bit more than a season, IIRC).

I'd like for the complete "Adventures in Paradise" w/Gardner McKay to be on DVD.

And I'd be appreciative for anything they might give us of "People's Choice", "I Married Joan" and "December Bride."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2006, 10:53:24 AM »

For movies, I'd love for Disney to issue "Moon Pilot" on DVD.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up