Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOW TIME  (Read 62691 times)

Danise

Re:SHOW TIME
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2006, 11:23:18 AM »

I thought maybe you were wearing a "fascinator" attached to the back of your hair....like Deborah Kerr wore in the party sequence of "The King and I".

I wish it was but of everything it could be I know it's not that.  :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2006, 11:24:21 AM »

Hummm, might be.  I think it's a balloon.  

I know that picture was taken the day that my friend (the one I had lunch with the other day) retired from work.

Ya know, I hate it when my fingers can't keep up with my brain and I skip putting in a word.  LOL!  :D

I hate that when that happens... It happens to me frequently also!! :)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2006, 11:25:18 AM »

I'm downloading the old album FAMOUS MONSTERS SPEAK, featuring Gabe Dell as Dracula.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2006, 11:25:33 AM »

Page 5 Magic dance!!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2006, 11:36:58 AM »

I'll have a cup of EmergenC right now, but that's it.  It's partially allergies, too, but most of it, I'm afraid to say, is in my head.

Danise

« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2006, 11:38:50 AM »

I've never heard of EmergenC.  Is that like Airborne?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2006, 11:39:58 AM »

Aint Eller promised to wear her fascinator, too, if Curly took her to the picnic!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2006, 11:40:55 AM »

How's the box office?  Any special advertising promoting the appearance of the playwright?  How did the other actor take his dismissal?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2006, 11:51:15 AM »

Four more hours of work.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2006, 11:53:42 AM »

How's the box office?  Any special advertising promoting the appearance of the playwright?  How did the other actor take his dismissal?

Enquiring minds want to know.

www.deceittheplay.com

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2006, 11:54:12 AM »

I've never heard of EmergenC.  Is that like Airborne?

I have not heard of it either...

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2006, 12:32:21 PM »

So here I am back again, and no posts for almost an hour.

Is it my breath?
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2006, 12:38:14 PM »

No, DR WFO - it's Friday!!

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2006, 12:40:42 PM »

I've been information-waitressing for the last 2 hours and can't post from there.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2006, 12:43:53 PM »

So here I am back again, and no posts for almost an hour.

Is it my breath?

No... :)

I was busy working on my notes for a paper I am doing for my class on Indians of the Plains. It is an anthropology class. I am pulling my History and Communications background into the paper. My topic is Native american images in film as seen through Native American and Euro-American lenses..

Lots of movie watching...

Cheyenne Autumn --- Not good in the portrayal of native Americans when it is applied to the Hoebel and Lowie interpretations.

Dances With Wolves has some merit as does Man called Horse and Little Big Man. Little Big Man has an interesting undercurrent as it refers to feelings regarding the Vietnam war.

I have watched Thunderheart....

I hope to in the near future view Skins, Windwalker, Powwow Highway and House Made of Dawn.

My paper is due at the end of April but it takes time to study, read and interpret. I have found several very good resources and information. I am also perusing a book on film theory to understand some things a bit better. Needless to say I am immersed in the world of celluloid images!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 12:52:00 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2006, 12:45:46 PM »

I've been information-waitressing for the last 2 hours and can't post from there.

DR Ginny -- I love your reference librarian comment!!

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2006, 12:48:38 PM »

My paper is due at the end of April but it takes time to study, read and interpret. I have found several very good resources and information. I am also perusing a book on film theory to understand some things a bit better. Needless to say I am immersed in the world of celluloid images!

DR DakotaCelt - I used to tell students that term papers were called TERM papers because they were supposed to take a long time to complete - if they were supposed to be done at the last minute, they'd be called "cram-it-together-the-day-before-it's-due" papers.  They weren't amused.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2006, 12:49:43 PM »

DAKOTA CELT - Cheyenne Autumn does have Miss Carroll Baker...

Sending MR BK a glockenspiel of best wishes....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2006, 12:50:30 PM »

So true DR GINNY.....if begun at the beginning of the term, and even at one page a day - if would be finished by the end of the term....

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2006, 12:50:45 PM »

DR Ginny -- I love your reference librarian comment!!

"Information waitressing" comes from the title of a poem written by a co-worker.  Would you like a copy?

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2006, 12:51:59 PM »

Bruce!! Break legs tonight, stud!!!

(I, myself, will be at Kane Hall, trying to turn a no-lighting, no-set, no-tech-stuff-at-all, 3-count-'em-3 directors!-oy mish-mash into anything resembling an actual "show"...)(which opens, and closes, tomorrow night)
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2006, 12:52:53 PM »

Ginny! "Information waitressing..." please post it!!!
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

"Information waitressing" comes from the title of a poem written by a co-worker.  Would you like a copy?

Yes, I would....

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2006, 12:56:01 PM »

Oh well then.  Friday.

So I'll do a TOD:

CD Player:  I'm finally listening to the In Trousers CD that I bought some months ago, the OC starring our very own Alison Fraser--if you can believe it, twenty-seven years ago!

I know all the other Marvin/Falsettos scores through CD, but this is the first time I've heard IT, except for those songs which were transplanted into Falsettoland.  And of course, "I'm Breaking Down" (cut but added to the CD), which I believe our very own BK rescued from oblivion on one or another of his classic Lost In/Unsung/Unwritten CDs.

Anyway, I just love William Finn, although he initially took some getting used to, and everything on this recording is infectious, even if I haven't the slightest clue what some of it is about.
--Wayland Flowers

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2006, 12:58:15 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - I used to tell students that term papers were called TERM papers because they were supposed to take a long time to complete - if they were supposed to be done at the last minute, they'd be called "cram-it-together-the-day-before-it's-due" papers.  They weren't amused.

I hear ya...

I had to pick my topic a month ago and submit my abstract for it. My professor was very impressed. It is a fascinating class.  HE is loaning a copy of Powwow Highway. My paper is focusing more in the images of the Dakota (I know some of you know them as the Sioux but Dakota is the correct name) and the Cheyenne.

I shake my head when some come in and check out books at 11pm for a paper due at 8 or 9 am.

Actually, you have a better paper when you work on it bit by bit. A paper I did a couple of years ago on VRT preservation I worked on all semeseter and I got an A. The professor for that class was impressed and man I worked my butt off on it all semester.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2006, 12:59:25 PM »

DAKOTA CELT - Cheyenne Autumn does have Miss Carroll Baker...

Sending MR BK a glockenspiel of best wishes....

I know JR but it does not help with the interpretation of cultural representation... She is a lovely actress

MBarnum

« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2006, 01:01:36 PM »

I am now awaiting the Comcast Cable man to arrive and hook up the DVR machine.

MBarnum

« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2006, 01:02:57 PM »

...and I hope he is not sullen and crabby...

I once met a VERY nice cable man...but that is as story for another day.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2006, 01:03:34 PM »

VCR:  A time-shift tape for the new Dr. Who.  I inadvertently missed the first two episodes last week, and so I recorded them last midnight (except for the first 7 minutes, as Joe said, "Weren't you doing to record... ?" and I ran to get the damn plastic off a new tape....)

So anyway we better watch those two before 8, when we will record the third episode.  

And speaking of things British, we did see the new Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last week.

Absurd that "Goodbye and Thanks for All the Fish" wasn't even nominated for an Oscar.  I rather think it should have won.

But what do I know?  I mean, I'm sure it's hard out here fo' a pimp.
--Wayland Flowers

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2006, 01:04:30 PM »

I am now awaiting the Comcast Cable man to arrive and hook up the DVR machine.

Comcast is not available up here...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up