Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOW TIME  (Read 62282 times)

François de Paris

Re:SHOW TIME
« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2006, 10:01:43 PM »

Francois doesn't bring sham pain, he brings real pain (a M*A*S*H reference, in honor of BK's return to acting).  :)

Hey, what do you know? Everything about me is real!

FJL

« Reply #301 on: March 24, 2006, 10:01:59 PM »

And one for Matzoh!

FJL

« Reply #302 on: March 24, 2006, 10:03:01 PM »

Or maybe:  And one for Challah!

It is the Sabbath after all.

François de Paris

« Reply #303 on: March 24, 2006, 10:03:22 PM »

Or should that be "baking off" - that pun was at best matzo-matzo.

Joséphine would have said "baking off" if she had been asked!

François de Paris

« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2006, 10:04:02 PM »

And one for Matzoh!

What about Sadoh?!

(Oh, the pain! Ouch!)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2006, 10:04:37 PM »

No, but I brought back Birdie! ;)

tweet, tweet!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #306 on: March 24, 2006, 10:05:23 PM »

Good night, all.   May the Lord fulfill my Sabbath prayer for you, and I'm not fiddling around.

Oy!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2006, 10:05:28 PM »

Joséphine would have said "baking off" if she had been asked!

napoleons??? (they are a filled doughnut here)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

François de Paris

« Reply #308 on: March 24, 2006, 10:06:38 PM »

Or maybe:  And one for Challah!

It is the Sabbath after all.

I won't budge an inch!

FJL

« Reply #309 on: March 24, 2006, 10:06:43 PM »

Think I'm gonna follow up on your Bring Back Birdie reference?

Well, I'm not!

FJL

« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2006, 10:09:15 PM »

Oops, really time to Hodel, I mean, toddle off to bed.

Further vibes to BK.

Vibes to Jose for tomorrow night.

François de Paris

« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2006, 10:09:36 PM »

napoleons??? (they are a filled doughnut here)

Sacrilège!

This is a Napoléon!

http://www.ilgiardinobakery.com/giaProducts/napoleaon.JPG

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #312 on: March 24, 2006, 10:14:18 PM »

That looks good!!

Did Josephine bake it?

François de Paris

« Reply #313 on: March 24, 2006, 10:14:44 PM »

Think I'm gonna follow up on your Bring Back Birdie reference?

Well, I'm not!

Suits you fine!

Let me feed you the "clues"!

Bonne nuit!

François de Paris

« Reply #314 on: March 24, 2006, 10:16:01 PM »

That looks good!!

Did Josephine bake it?

I "dough nut"!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2006, 10:29:04 PM »

I "dough nut"!

you dough nut know....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #316 on: March 24, 2006, 10:43:48 PM »

Question: anyone have any idea how to measure a monitor? Mine is dying and I am seeing LOVELY shades of GREEN!!

It's measured diagonally, like a TV.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #317 on: March 24, 2006, 10:57:22 PM »

THe screen or the whole monitor?

George

« Reply #318 on: March 24, 2006, 10:57:39 PM »

I'm back from my parents' house (and have been for some time), where we watched "The Frisco Kid" with Gene Wilder, Harrison Ford and BK's very own Penny Peyser.  It was still a cute movie...not as funny as we'd remembered it (are they ever?? ;)), but still good.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #319 on: March 24, 2006, 10:58:06 PM »

THe screen or the whole monitor?

Just the screen.

George

« Reply #320 on: March 24, 2006, 11:02:54 PM »

Enjoy the movie, DR George.  You'll have to tell me if you think there was an excess of swearing in it.  

There was some swearing throughout the movie, but I didn't think that it was excessive.  I've seen some movies that truly had an "excess" of swearing, but not this...again, to me.  Harrison Ford says "she-it" a lot and Gene Wilder asks what that means.  After a little bit of dialogue that I can't exactly remember, Harrison says that it's used in the same way as "oy gevalt."  One think that I like about the movie is that it's not overly sentimental.  There are several scenes that get you a little teary eyed, but they really don't overdo it like a lot of newer movies.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #321 on: March 24, 2006, 11:08:38 PM »

I'm back from my parents' house (and have been for some time), where we watched "The Frisco Kid" with Gene Wilder, Harrison Ford and BK's very own Penny Peyser.  It was still a cute movie...not as funny as we'd remembered it (are they ever?? ;)), but still good.  

I remember that movie!! Just saw it not too long ago.... Penny Peyser, who was in the movie, our own Penny O?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #322 on: March 24, 2006, 11:10:51 PM »

Just the screen.

Thanks George!!

I definitely need a bigger monitor... It is only 13 inches....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #323 on: March 24, 2006, 11:12:14 PM »

Back from the show.  What an evening!  We had a smallish but good audience, and I got through it without too much craziness.  I fumfered here and there, but that will get better with time, as will my timing.  But, I did fine.  However, what we've all been dreading the entire run happened for the first time - during the final video segment (which is actually on DVD), the DVD froze, then kept freezing and wouldn't play no matter how many times our stage manager tried to rewind and get it going.  It was appalling, and poor Tammy and Matt were stuck out there and unable to do anything except finally make a joke out of it.  In fact, the play basically had no ending this evening.  When we took our curtain call, I stopped everything and told the audience that the ending of the play was very clever and they should come back.  The crowd was great and actually, you know, it's theater and shit happens.  It was pretty funny.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #324 on: March 24, 2006, 11:12:29 PM »

no word from bk yet...... Wonder if he survived his premiere?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: March 24, 2006, 11:13:32 PM »

On the main stage, it was opening night of the Renee Taylor and Joe Bologna show, It Had to Be You, so there were lots of celebs milling around and being festive, but I'll save that stuff for the notes.  In our audience this evening was Mr. Jason Graae and Miss Susanne Blakeslee

George

« Reply #326 on: March 24, 2006, 11:13:49 PM »

I remember that movie!! Just saw it not too long ago.... Penny Peyser, who was in the movie, our own Penny O?

No, that's Penny Orloff.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #327 on: March 24, 2006, 11:14:34 PM »

Back from the show.  What an evening!  We had a smallish but good audience, and I got through it without too much craziness.  I fumfered here and there, but that will get better with time, as will my timing.  But, I did fine.  However, what we've all been dreading the entire run happened for the first time - during the final video segment (which is actually on DVD), the DVD froze, then kept freezing and wouldn't play no matter how many times our stage manager tried to rewind and get it going.  It was appalling, and poor Tammy and Matt were stuck out there and unable to do anything except finally make a joke out of it.  In fact, the play basically had no ending this evening.  When we took our curtain call, I stopped everything and told the audience that the ending of the play was very clever and they should come back.  The crowd was great and actually, you know, it's theater and shit happens.  It was pretty funny.  

Life happens and that is why improvisation is always good in theatre....

George

« Reply #328 on: March 24, 2006, 11:23:08 PM »

I've certainly had my share of on-stage mishaps, BK.  As you know, you can only do what you can do.  It will, of course, be much better tomorrow night! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #329 on: March 24, 2006, 11:25:07 PM »

Murphy must have shown up and affected the DVD!!!

DArn ya Murphy!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up