Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD HELL  (Read 62562 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:DVD HELL
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2006, 08:20:21 PM »

The Vixter met George Takei and Cassandra Peterson and had her picture taken with them... I have to figure out how to resize it so I can post it here, I keep getting told its too big and then poof off the site I am thrown as punishment.

Neat... I am glad Vixter was feeling well enough to go and I am glad she got to go...

I am glad she is feeling better...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2006, 08:20:39 PM »

Page 7 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2006, 08:26:10 PM »

Maria, any upcoming projects that you can talk about?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2006, 08:31:22 PM »

DR MARIA have you seen Debbie Reynolds lately?

Only at the movies, JRand.

I did see Miss LIza Minnelli on Friday night. The TV Academy screened the incredible and now restored and remastered "Liza With a Z"... It's going to be aired on Showtime early in April. I think it's during one of their free weeks - so perhaps even those who don't subscribe to Showtime can cathch it. Do try! What a wonderful concert! Actually the first filmed concert of its type. Fosse's idea. It was surreal to hear the real audience applaud just as the audience from 1972 was applauding.
After the screening Miss Minnelli spoke and then sang. Her voice ain't what it used to be, of course. But boy, she can hold an audience. Also in attendance were Miss Florence Henderson - who looks great; Miss Julie Newmar, who looks... like Julie Newmar; Miss Lorna Luft; Miss Anne Jeffries; and others whom I can't recall. John Stamos interviewed Miss Minnelli and let's just say he wasn't exactly a class act.
Back to work. i just spent the last hour trying to get my wireless printer to print. Plugged and unplugged everything and nothing helped. Then I did it once more -- and suddenly it worked. Go figure.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2006, 08:32:09 PM »

When I turned on the TV and cable box, what should be starting but the ladies' final free skate perforamances at the world championships, so I settled in to watch for the next two hours. Some interesting skating, some heartbreaking mistakes, and some truly inspired programs, too.

spoiler - - - - -

And let me just say that Kimmie Meissner, who is the new world champion, a 16 year old from the US, skated the best performance of her life. She is still a couple of years away from an optimum program. She lacks some grace and style which can only come with experience and as she grows to maturity and gets comfortable in her new adult body, that will come. She certainly has the jumps landing two triple-triple combinations with ease. No one else in the free skate even landed one triple-triple combination.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2006, 08:34:05 PM »

LIZA WITH A 'Z' airs on Showtime on April 1. The DVD special edition of the program with documentaries and other special features goes on sale April 4th.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2006, 08:38:44 PM »

Maria, any upcoming projects that you can talk about?

I'm juggling a number of things, TCB. Thanks for asking. Just finished an animated feature which is something totally different for me. Excited at the prospect, but we shall see.
Also working on a Western feature which is great fun - and again something quite different.
And a couple of TV-movies. One has just changed Networks - am waiting to hear the outcome of where it's landed. I've been busy, thank goodness. ...And I'm in the midst of changing agents - which is scary. I've been with the same agent for MANY years. He left the agency business, and it's just not the same without him. So I'm looking around for a new "home." It's like losing daddy and shopping around for a new one.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2006, 08:40:09 PM »

Next I finished SUMMER MAGIC.

First, let me clarify my feelings about the transfer. It is a beautiful job. What threw me earlier is that Dorothy McGuire's medium shots and close-ups were filmed with a slight soft focus, and watching the first thirty minutes today with some light coming into my den from outside, I guess I misread the look of the transfer as not being at its best. Seeing the remainder of it tonight in a totally darkened room, I saw that it was a first rate transfer. Thoroughly enjoyable.

And how heartbreaking to see James Stacy looking so youthful and healthy (before his tragic motorcycle accident a few years later). Peter Brown was jaw-droppingly gorgeous, too.

I can see that it would have seemed hopelessly old fashioned and corny when it was released in the 1960s with the Beatles making such a splash all over the world (and it was indeed a major box-office disappointment for Disney). But it was a very pleasant way to spend this evening tonight for me.

François de Paris

« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2006, 08:41:18 PM »

Back to work. i just spent the last hour trying to get my wireless printer to print. Plugged and unplugged everything and nothing helped. Then I did it once more -- and suddenly it worked. Go figure.

Ummm.... sounds you had a problem similar to the one BK got last night onstage!

Bloody machines! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2006, 08:42:08 PM »

It's raining chats et chiens in Paris right now!

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2006, 08:42:33 PM »

LIZA WITH A 'Z' airs on Showtime on April 1. The DVD special edition of the program with documentaries and other special features goes on sale April 4th.

Thanks, Matt. There are hours of extras on the DVD. Should be good.

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2006, 08:43:29 PM »

And I ended my evening of media entertainment with another MURDER SHE WROTE mystery, this one a variation of SORRY WRONG NUMBER which involved a bed-ridden Jessica overhearing on the telephone a murder of a man in town being planned and being helpless to stop it. Of course, she knows too much and has to be eliminated, and she's helpless in bed with no one at home to help her. . . .

François de Paris

« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2006, 08:44:37 PM »

It's like losing daddy and shopping around for a new one.

Ain't what Marylin M. used to sing about? :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 08:44:54 PM by François »

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2006, 08:44:46 PM »

Thanks, Matt. There are hours of extras on the DVD. Should be good.

I could burn a DVD of the high definition broadcast from Showtime-HD and have quality as good as the commercial DVD, but I'd miss out on the extras. So, I guess I'll bite the bullet and spring for the DVD.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2006, 08:44:48 PM »

Good luck Maria on finding a new agent!!

Nice to meet you...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2006, 08:45:58 PM »

The QUEER AS FOLK online fan letter started pre-selling the 'LIZA WITH A Z' DVD earlier this week.  Now, it is beyond me what gay people and Liza Minnelli could possibly have in common, other than husbands.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2006, 08:46:10 PM »

I'm juggling a number of things, TCB. Thanks for asking. Just finished an animated feature which is something totally different for me. Excited at the prospect, but we shall see.
Also working on a Western feature which is great fun - and again something quite different.
And a couple of TV-movies. One has just changed Networks - am waiting to hear the outcome of where it's landed. I've been busy, thank goodness. ...And I'm in the midst of changing agents - which is scary. I've been with the same agent for MANY years. He left the agency business, and it's just not the same without him. So I'm looking around for a new "home." It's like losing daddy and shopping around for a new one.

Good luck!

François de Paris

« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2006, 08:46:40 PM »

Next I finished SUMMER MAGIC.

First, let me clarify my feelings about the transfer. It is a beautiful job. What threw me earlier is that Dorothy McGuire's medium shots and close-ups were filmed with a slight soft focus, and watching the first thirty minutes today with some light coming into my den from outside, I guess I misread the look of the transfer as not being at its best. Seeing the remainder of it tonight in a totally darkened room, I saw that it was a first rate transfer. Thoroughly enjoyable.

And how heartbreaking to see James Stacy looking so youthful and healthy (before his tragic motorcycle accident a few years later). Peter Brown was jaw-droppingly gorgeous, too.

I can see that it would have seemed hopelessly old fashioned and corny when it was released in the 1960s with the Beatles making such a splash all over the world (and it was indeed a major box-office disappointment for Disney). But it was a very pleasant way to spend this evening tonight for me.

Three Cricky Wooden Stairs.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2006, 08:47:03 PM »

TCB, I have a question.....

ARe you familiar with the nordic museum in Seattle?

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2006, 08:47:26 PM »

Hi all. I decided to shop for paint colors for my home office and well.  I was just going to put a little on the wall to see what it looks like....I now have 3 walls painted "rejuvenate" aka light green. I have a bunch of adhesive to clean off the last wall from the former owner's mirrored wall - pretty out there for a lawyer turned baptist minister.... anyway love the new paint. I'll finish tomorrow

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2006, 08:47:54 PM »

So I'm looking around for a new "home." It's like losing daddy and shopping around for a new one.

Oh, I know that feeling!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2006, 08:48:08 PM »

I'm a little too late to wish vibage to Jose and BK...but I've been thinking it.

François de Paris

« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2006, 08:48:11 PM »

The QUEER AS FOLK online fan letter started pre-selling the 'LIZA WITH A Z' DVD earlier this week.  Now, it is beyond me what gay people and Liza Minnelli could possibly have in common, other than husbands.

I don't think she has any right now!

I'm available! ;D... but not rich! :-\ ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2006, 08:48:54 PM »

Oh, I know that feeling!

You could NOT miss that one, could you!?!? :D :D ;D

François de Paris

« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2006, 08:49:25 PM »

TCB, I have a question.....

ARe you familiar with the nordic museum in Seattle?

Beware of the answer!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2006, 08:50:08 PM »

TOD - I was in a community theatre production of The Music Man in a small town where I used to live.   Whoever was doing set decided that the easiest way to do the lamp post was to take a rubberball, paint it white and fasten it to the top of a post.  It didn't look too bad, actually, but they forgot to fasten the ball, so in the middle of the barbershop scene, someone touched the post and the "light" fell off and bounced across the stage.  

François de Paris

« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »

Hi all. I decided to shop for paint colors for my home office and well.  I was just going to put a little on the wall to see what it looks like....I now have 3 walls painted "rejuvenate" aka light green. I have a bunch of adhesive to clean off the last wall from the former owner's mirrored wall - pretty out there for a lawyer turned baptist minister.... anyway love the new paint. I'll finish tomorrow

Who's Got The Paint?!   Oh... a .... Forget it!! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2006, 08:51:47 PM »

I'm a little too late to wish vibage to Jose and BK...but I've been thinking it.

Too Late Now To....

Tomovoz

« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2006, 08:52:21 PM »

Oh, I know that feeling!
Funniest line of the day. :) :) :) :) :) ::) ::) :) :) :) :)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2006, 08:53:23 PM »

TOD - I was in a community theatre production of The Music Man in a small town where I used to live.   Whoever was doing set decided that the easiest way to do the lamp post was to take a rubberball, paint it white and fasten it to the top of a post.  It didn't look too bad, actually, but they forgot to fasten the ball, so in the middle of the barbershop scene, someone touched the post and the "light" fell off and bounced across the stage.  

;D :D

Follow the bouncing ball Barbershop Sing Along?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up