Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD HELL  (Read 62478 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:DVD HELL
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2006, 04:35:01 PM »

I bet I can get us to Page Five...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2006, 04:35:19 PM »

Ha!  I told you so!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2006, 04:37:19 PM »

Page Five Dance

-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2006, 04:53:34 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  I just ran my lines, which I seemed to know.  Hoping I'll be less tense tonight, and can just settle in and have some fun.  Have shaved, and will shower soon.

I've been checking out the new region 2 DVDs of South Pacific, The King And I, and Carousel.  These will be coming out here in the US, but no date has been set, and I couldn't wait, oh, no, I could not wait.

Tomovoz

« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2006, 04:57:33 PM »

Who's the chick in the sunglasses?
Canadian Corey Hart in drag?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2006, 05:01:06 PM »

Broken leg vibes for the night for both bk and Jose!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

François de Paris

« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2006, 05:02:37 PM »

You've got to have Hart!

François de Paris

« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

This place is saturated with vibes and broken legs!
Looks like a Stadium after a Rolling Stones Concert!

François de Paris

« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2006, 05:06:16 PM »

That IS true! The spitt.... err.... the same! Yes! the same!

http://www.interq.or.jp/www1/onj1/corey/sunglasses.jpg

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2006, 05:19:37 PM »

We once saw the Houston Ballet do SWAN LAKE and the main ballerina started across the stage and tripped and fell.  Later in the scene, a gallant gentleman in the company started across the stage, stopped at the exact spot, bent down and picked up something off the floor and put it in his tunic....  as if to say...."you see....it wasn't HER fault!"

That is so sweet.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2006, 05:30:52 PM »

Jose I loved your stage stories.

I hope all is going well at various theaters tonight. :D

François de Paris

« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2006, 05:35:10 PM »

What a wonderful cast!!

François, Sandra, Jane, Tomovoz

Guess the play?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2006, 05:36:18 PM »

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

FJL

« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

Hmmm...I logged in and immediately got kicked out.   But things seem to be working now.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2006, 05:49:18 PM »

THat is an interesting movie with many different layers...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2006, 05:49:28 PM »

Bruce I thought you had left for the theater.  It seems so much later than it is.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2006, 05:50:54 PM »

Jose I loved your stage stories.

I hope all is going well at various theaters tonight. :D

Jane, organizing my data... Rather impressed with the break through...

François de Paris

« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2006, 05:53:41 PM »

Right'o! ;)

I've said it before but i'll say it again... when they first did the play here in Paris, the first two main actors could NOT stand each other and were acting like in the play!
Incidently, the man (Raymond Gérôme) was the French voice for Rex Harrison in the film version of My Fair Lady!

The following is an excerpt of an obituary in The Independent (London)

"But Madeleine Robinson is also remembered for superb performances on stage, where she was a veritable bete de scene and a monstre sacre. Her hard early life had given her an embattled temperament, and if she disagreed with a fellow actor or the director she would argue her case with bitter determination and picturesque invective. She was a perfectionist. This indomitable purpose in pursuit of the very highest standards in acting was recognised, and often dreaded, by all she worked with. But in 1965 it won her the prize of Best Actress of the Year for her performance as an implacable Martha in Edward Albee's Qui a peur de Virginia Woolf? (Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?), which really brought out the wild animal in her.

Her outspoken and often wounding criticisms of fellow actors and incompetent directors made her the terror of rehearsals, when she would rip to pieces some young actor's carefully conceived image of his role. Without a moment's warning, she would walk out of rehearsals and of the play itself. She had no hesitation in coming to blows with a partner on stage. She laid into Raymond Gerome, who played the browbeaten husband to such effect that he took her to court - and she lost the case."

She would have been a terrific Mama Rose!

FJL

« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2006, 05:55:25 PM »

Had a frustrating day at the office today.  I was hoping to get many count them many returns done, but got snagged when a broker statement gave a $450,000 loss to someone on a transaction, and it was just - well, not possible.  With the client being Orthodox Jewish (and it being Saturday) and the broker being closed on the weekend obviously, we lost hours having to research it ourselves and I think I got three returns done where I should have gotten many done - Saturdays are usually my most productive day.

That felt good to rant.  I feel much better.  Forget I said anything.  :)

François de Paris

« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2006, 05:59:13 PM »

THat is an interesting movie with many different layers...

JUST LIKE A NAPOLEON CAKE! ;D

François de Paris

« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2006, 06:00:19 PM »

Had a frustrating day at the office today.  I was hoping to get many count them many returns done, but got snagged when a broker statement gave a $450,000 loss to someone on a transaction, and it was just - well, not possible.  With the client being Orthodox Jewish (and it being Saturday) and the broker being closed on the weekend obviously, we lost hours having to research it ourselves and I think I got three returns done where I should have gotten many done - Saturdays are usually my most productive day.

That felt good to rant.  I feel much better.  Forget I said anything.  :)

What was it?

Have you said something, Fred? :-X :-\

FJL

« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2006, 06:07:44 PM »

Robbie - Yes, Skip sends his love to Laura, as do I, although she probably won't remember me that well.

I have a favorite Laura Benanti story.  She came by our apartment to pick up some music from Skip, and that was the day after we got our first dog, Toby.  Toby was terrorizing me with his puppy-stage mouthing, and when Laura heard about that, she took the time to show me how to deal with the puppy's mouthing by putting my hand a certain way at the puppy's teeth, and even risked getting nipped herself in the process of making sure I was getting it right (although luckily she didn't get hurt by any of Toby's mouthing).   I was a lot less scared of Toby once she showed me how to deal with it.   It sounds like a little but it really helped me bond with Toby much sooner than I would have without Laura's help.

FJL

« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2006, 06:09:55 PM »

Francois - Thanks.  I knew if anyone would understand, you would.  :)

François de Paris

« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2006, 06:13:06 PM »

Francois - Thanks.  I knew if anyone would understand, you would.  :)

Bosom buddies, Mame!

Bosom buddies! ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2006, 06:13:19 PM »

I'm all shaved and showered, lines run as much as I can run them (if Matt's there early enough, I may do a line-through with him), and I shall shortly be on my way to the theater.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2006, 06:13:50 PM »

And keep the home fries burning until my returning.

FJL

« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2006, 06:14:26 PM »

Off to a friend's graduation party way downtown.    Got her what we hope are appropriate gifts for someone getting a Master's degree - we shall see how they go over.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2006, 06:14:38 PM »

I'm going now. I've already missed the beginning of The Lawrence Welk Show. DVD vibes for BK.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

François de Paris

« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2006, 06:14:50 PM »

Robbie - Yes, Skip sends his love to Laura, as do I, although she probably won't remember me that well.

Is that from an episode of FRIENDS?! :-X

FJL

« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2006, 06:15:51 PM »

Vibes to Bk as always.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up