Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT, I DIGRESS  (Read 64530 times)

Danise

Re:BUT, I DIGRESS
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2006, 08:27:59 AM »

Since LESTAT is still in previews, DR DANISE, there will be no official news.

Well that.......Sucks.  ;)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2006, 08:28:37 AM »

DR DANISE I just got an email from Randi Orr with the subject line Cease Snowball in legato.

Must have been because of your dream. :)

Snow must be in the air!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2006, 08:31:08 AM »

How many hours can your DVR records, DRMBARNUM?  Sounds like you have quite a selection there - and as you say finding time to watch it is something else.  Can you make DVD's or VHS tapes from the machine?

I can record up to 60 hours on this machine from Comcast, which hopefully should be plenty. I should be able to recrod onto the new DVD recorder, but I do not know if it is hooked up properly to do that yet...I will have to check on that.

Danise

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2006, 08:34:52 AM »

I think you should be able to record to a DVD, DR MBarnum.  I had to figure out how to connect it but once I did, I was off and running!  

Two Errol Flynn movies, Kim and Charge of the Light Brigade are on this week and both of them will be dubbed over to DVD.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2006, 08:38:57 AM »

And you know what is really neat about this?  (Well, for me anyway.)   I can honestly say I have been to the Palace theater.  I  saw Aida there.  :)

DR Danise - in 1980 DH Elmore and I saw Oklahoma! at the Palace.  He had just moved to NYC the previous year and I was there for the American Library Association annual conference.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2006, 08:40:21 AM »

Shortly I will hie myself 2 1/2 hours down I-5 to a place called Rice Hill where I will meet my brother Dan and my mom...then will whisk her up to Aumsville to my sisters house. Mom is staying there this week while she and my sister and I look at "old folks homes" for my mom. LOL! She wants to move to Salem to be closer to her other kids and her siblings.

Then upon my returning I may take my computer to Best Buy and have another new dvd/cd burner installed....hopefully this one will work.

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2006, 08:41:57 AM »

Ya, I need to check that out Danise. I know the DVR pamphlet had instructions for hooking up a VCR to the DVR...however I haven't even tried out this "once touch dubbing" from VHS to DVD yet!

So much technology and so little time to learn it all!

Danise

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2006, 08:42:07 AM »

Just remember that if a signal has to go out from the DVR, it has to go in to the DVD recorder.  You'll need that cable that has the red, white and yellow ends to do that.  

In my case, the signal goes out of the DVR and into the TV via one of those cables then out from the TV into the DVD recorder on another.   I had to do that way because I couldn't see what was being recorded otherwise.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2006, 08:43:37 AM »

DR Danise - in 1980 DH Elmore and I saw Oklahoma! at the Palace.  He had just moved to NYC the previous year and I was there for the American Library Association annual conference.

Isn't it nice to be able to picture the place?  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2006, 08:43:54 AM »

Thanks to DRs Danise and JRand for the vibes for DH Richard.  He's staying busy today with church in Cincinnati and shape-note singing in Dayton.  Keeps his mind off what he'll be going through tonight...

TOD - shortly after the beginning of the 1st Gulf War, I dreamed Richard had re-enlisted in the Army and was standing at the kitchen sink in his fatigues and combat boots.  Chilling for the mother of a (then) preschooler.  Speaking of the preschooler, I had a vivid dream while pregnant with him that's just too gruesome to share here.  Suffice to say that liver and onions has not appealed to me since.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2006, 08:45:49 AM »

Your set up might be a little harder, DR MBarnum.  I wasn't thinking that you have a seperate VCR.

I have a VCR/DVD player build right into the TV.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2006, 08:51:11 AM »

Thanks to DRs Danise and JRand for the vibes for DH Richard.  He's staying busy today with church in Cincinnati and shape-note singing in Dayton.  Keeps his mind off what he'll be going through tonight...

TOD - shortly after the beginning of the 1st Gulf War, I dreamed Richard had re-enlisted in the Army and was standing at the kitchen sink in his fatigues and combat boots.  Chilling for the mother of a (then) preschooler.  Speaking of the preschooler, I had a vivid dream while pregnant with him that's just too gruesome to share here.  Suffice to say that liver and onions has not appealed to me since.

I know that I like to keep busy before I go though something.  That's why the plan was that I would work the day before my surgery.  I forgot about the (ahem) cleaning process I had to go through before.   :) ;)

I'm hoping this is the last problem I'll have to deal with for quite awhile.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 08:55:42 AM »

Jane Hathaway just resigned as secretary to Milburn Drysdale, President of the Commerce Bank of Beverly Hills.

But I think she'll be back on the job in less than 30 minutes.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2006, 09:42:43 AM »

I should report that I will be E & T for most of this coming week.  I am leaving for Eastern Washington tomorrow, at noon, for a Federal Funding Conference (work related) that is being held on the shores of Lake Chelan.  I will return on Thursday evening.  I don't own a laptop, and the only available computers will be state property, so I will most likely be incommunicato until then.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 09:43:49 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2006, 09:45:24 AM »

Jane, watned to respond to your question a few days ago about how Tewkes reacts to the deer.  Most of the time, he so busy with his nose on the ground, sniffing out their spoor, he doesn't notices them half the time when their 20 feet away staring at him.  Of course, when he does spy them, he gets excited; variously just staring at them with fixed intensity and whining.  When they move he does bark and strain at the leash, wanting to run with.  Given his white plume of a tail, he thinks he, too, is a white-tailed buck.  Of course, the other day, when 15 crossed our path, he couldn't help but notice them.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2006, 09:48:38 AM »

Jane, watned to respond to your question a few days ago about how Tewkes reacts to the deer.  Most of the time, he so busy with his nose on the ground, sniffing out their spoor, he doesn't notices them half the time when their 20 feet away staring at him.  Of course, when he does spy them, he gets excited; variously just staring at them with fixed intensity and whining.  When they move he does bark and strain at the leash, wanting to run with.  Given his white plume of a tail, he thinks he, too, is a white-tailed buck.  Of course, the other day, when 15 crossed our path, he couldn't help but notice them.

It sounds like an incredible place to live, CP.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2006, 09:59:20 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - strange dreams, strange sleep - had a bit of an allergy attack that kept me up until three.  

MattH - Read the notes - there's no reason to hold on to your old discs - these transfers, especially SP, are much, much better.  SP is spectacular and everything that Oklahoma should have been.  

The SP is the US release - I'm not at all sure that this UK version in which the order of scenes is put back to the way it is in the stage version is just an urban legend.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2006, 10:01:27 AM »

I should report that I will be E & T for most of this coming week.  I am leaving for Eastern Washington tomorrow, at noon, for a Federal Funding Conference (work related) that is being held on the shores of Lake Chelan.  I will return on Thursday evening.  I don't own a laptop, and the only available computers will be state property, so I will most likely be incommunicato until then.

Have a safe journey TCB...

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 10:06:17 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2006, 10:05:22 AM »

The strangest dream I have ever had and it does recur from time to time...

I am in a carriage and my clothes are not modern. The horses are pulling the carriage and you can hear cannons or something going off in the background. AS the carriage proceeds, there is a man standing along side the road pointing. I hear people talking but I do not understand for it is a language I am not familiar with.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2006, 10:06:09 AM »

Have fun on your business trip DR TCB.  If such a thing is possible.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2006, 10:07:02 AM »

Snow must be in the air!

My snow is finally melting...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2006, 10:15:56 AM »

DR Charles Pogue, It does indeed sound like a lovely place to live...

We have a lot of deer up here in Dakota. However, Deer and cars do not mix.. A freind of mine had a deer crash into her car on the highway one night. The doe had to be destroyed and the car totaled. Ironically, she came out of it with only a few scratches and bruises. This happened about two years ago.

We also get moose that stray into the area as they are moving south out of Canada and Minnesota lake country.

It is entertaining when both Deer and Moose come into town. We have a lot of coyotes and raccoons that make themselves at home in the city. Eastern ND is fourtunate enough not to have poisonous snakes and we only have to contend with rascal coyote.  I have seen wolves when I have gone into northern Minnesota. Beautiful animals.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2006, 10:36:47 AM »

and we only have to contend with rascal coyote.  

I see coyotes fairly often on my early morning walks in Studio City/Sherman Oaks. They're usually running in utter panic in the middle of the road. I do feel sorry for the poor creatures. When I lived in Colorado my house backed into a park, with no fence. Lots of interesting visitors, needless to say. The view from the back of the house was stunning -- mountains as far as you could see. And every morning they'd look totally different. When I first moved in, I'd take a photo each morning. Sometimes everything had a pinkish hue, other times, dark and dramatic; once in a while the mountains disappeared into the clouds. We do throw around the word "awe" these days (coupled with that other favorite - "genius") -- but I must say that view was awe inspiring. It will stay with me forever.

Okay - enough of the National Geographic narration. Must get writing. Hope everyone has a good day.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 10:38:46 AM by Maria »

divarobbie

• There's always one step further down you can go...
    • RobbieRozelle.com
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2006, 11:07:06 AM »

TCB, thank you :)

I seem to remember being put off by the color filters over the musical numbers in SOUTH PACIFIC.  I'll have to pick up the new disc when its available.

FJL

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »

Not sure this counts as a "bad dream," but the other night, I dreamed that I was having a long conversation with the artistic director of a regional theater but in the dream she looked, sounded and acted just like the President of my law school's drama group from over 20 years ago, an effervescent lady named Julie Martinez.  I kept calling her Julie and she kept correcting me (in the dream, that is).  I can't tell if it's a bad dream, or a sign that I need to call up Julie Martinez and find out how she's doing.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2006, 12:06:18 PM »

I almost never remember dreams for very long.  I can wake up in the middle of one, but in just a few moments, I have no idea what it was about.  

I can remember a couple of fragments of dreams that I had in high school.  In one, I was underwater and couldn't breathe, but I told myself to breathe, that it's only a dream!  And slowly, in my dream, I started breathing because I knew that it was a dream, even though I was under water.  In the only other fragment, I'm naked and talking to my mother!  I know that she doesn't know that I'm naked but I get behind a counter to hide a little.  Those are really the only dreams that I can remember. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2006, 12:29:48 PM »

All, it is indeed a lovely place to live.  It is a gorgeous day and I suspect spring is just around the corner.  And spring in Kentucky is a thing to behold.  

The Lovely Wife and I have finally got the house in order.  A cleaning crew was in earlier this week to finally get rid of the accumulated debris of  movers' dirty boots, boxes and all the debris that comes with packing and unpacking them, builders and the sawdust from the bookshelf building that had gotten buried deep in the nap of the carpet.  

Aside from a few hangings (pictures, not people...and I'm still waiting for my Louis Hayward MAN IN THE IRON MASK...the frame is on back order), The Lovely Wife and I will have all in its place and can kick back and enjoy.  After tonight.  We are throwing our first party...a cast party for The Importance of Being Earnest in which The Lovely Wife is playing Lady Bracknell "effortlessly"...according to the reviewer.  But like most Pogue parties this one has been extended beyond the confines of cast and crew to include several other notables from the Central Kentucky Theatre community.  So we're expecting the usual mob and The Lovely Wife will be throwing most of it together after her matinee today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2006, 12:34:42 PM »

Just me and li'l ol' Kentuckian Pogue.  Where in tarnation IS everyone?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2006, 12:35:32 PM »

I've been doing fixes on the musical for the last two hours.  I'm quite bored with that right now, so I think I'll go out and get something yummilicious to eat.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2006, 12:41:20 PM »

Sorry, BK, it'll soon be just you...I've got to go do my party chores before The Lovely Wife returns from wowing 'em at the matinee.  Said she got huge exit applause last night.  The whole 60's concept is still a bunch of fatuous nonsense, but the actors, on the whole very good, plow on mightily in spite of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up