Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEEK THAT FLEW BY  (Read 10850 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE WEEK THAT FLEW BY
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2006, 08:32:40 PM »

Good evening!

Back from my trip[ on the good ship PINAFORE. Before I go into the production, let me say my drive up was NOT pleasant.

I filled up the gas tank yesterday in anticipation of this trip. Once I got on the interstate, I glanced at my gauge, and it read that the tank was BELOW empty. However, the car was driving just fine and there was no "low fuel" alert on the dashboard readout. So, I surmised the gauge must be faulty.

Once I got to my friend's house and turned off the ignition, I waited a half a minute and then cranked the car again. Lo and behold, the gauge said I had almost a full tank of gas. What's up with that!

The phantom gas gauge strikes! I'm hoping this was an anomily and not something I'm going to have to have fixed. The car is still under warrenty, of course, but the dealership is a long drive across the city that I'd rather not make unless there is a serious problem. I'll keep an eye on it over the next week or so and I will take it in if it happens again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2006, 08:35:08 PM »

Page Six Esmeralda and Pheobus Dance!!!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 08:48:08 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2006, 08:40:42 PM »

I meant to add that the gas gauge worked just fine on my return trip home tonight. No sign of trouble.

On the way home, I listened to all the CDs that I listed on the Friday Media Check this morning and then I put in Al Jolson's THERE'S A RAINBOW 'ROUND MY SHOULDER. Not for all tastes, I guess, but I love listening to his renditions of these standards on this CD. There were the Decca cuts he made after the surprise hit of THE JOLSON STORY in theaters.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2006, 08:41:21 PM »

Had a somewhat productive day writing.... Three pages squeaked out, the bib page started and the abstract done and I am exhauseted.... Only 12 more pages to go... SIGH!!!

Thanks for the vibes they are appreciated....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2006, 08:45:15 PM »

H.M.S. PINAFORE that I saw tonight did nothing to change my own lack of enthusiasm for Gilbert and Sullivan.

However, it was an excellent collection of singers, especially the male chorus which was superb and all the principals likewise had strong voices.

British accents were a come and go affair (and for many, mostly fleeting at best) and there wasn't much movement on stage making things rather static and more a concert than a theatrical staging.

Still, the set was very well done and the costumes were rented and seemed very detailed and right in period. Very well rehearsed and tight orchestra.

So, overall a fine production of the piece. I hope I NEVER have to watch or listen to it again.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2006, 08:49:08 PM »

For some reason, the HUNCHBACK jpeg I'm trying to attach to the Page Dance above won't load. I don't know if the file is bad or I'm doing something wrong but it won't load. Drat!

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2006, 09:14:39 PM »

Heading down to bed now. It's been a very long day.

Good night!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »

But, BK, you ARE mad as a hatter!

You should be hearing from my friend, Pat, regards something that might be of interest.

I just spent an evening at a little happy hour party at one of my neighbour's houses, meeting several of the folks in the neghbourhood.  Tres interesting.  I look at my watched and realized I had spent about four hours there, when I had anticipated only staying an hour and a half or so.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2006, 09:23:39 PM »

Thought i would wander over.. Going through some books for my paper....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2006, 09:24:25 PM »

Good luck vibes to bk and Penny on developing their respective plays.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2006, 09:41:07 PM »

BAck to the grind and then perhaps watch another movie by the tiem I am done I would be an expert on several movies...

BTW JRand, I was gentle on Caroll Bakker. I rather liked her character. Karl Malden's character, I was looking for  a brickbat! Aside from some things that D.W. Griffith did with silent flims it is the biggest offender in my grouping....

That film did do 1 thing taht was Cheyenne... It is wrong in their worldview to take the life of another Cheyenne and you are exiled for that.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2006, 10:05:38 PM »

Hello Children!

Just dropping in, by way of the public library, to let you know that my computer passed away last evening at about 8:00 p.m., PDT.  Unfortunately, there seems little home of revival, so I will be checking in whenever I can snare someone else's computer for a few minutes.

See you soon (I hope).
TCB

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I feel your pain! :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2006, 10:23:48 PM »

Back from ushering at The Spitfire Grill.  If you ever get a chance to see this show, go!  It's a wonderful show.  The actors in this production were pretty good (most are from the church that produced the show, so they're not "regular" local actors).  The set was a simple diner.  The only real problem was the sound person.  It was all just a little too loud and there were a lot of pops when they spoke.  Other than that, it was a very good production. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2006, 11:36:03 PM »

Back from an excruciating evening of "theater".  More later, but might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  This is the lowest day we've had in ages - don't LIKE THAT!

George

« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2006, 12:32:50 AM »

Well...at least it's not the lowest day ever. :)

George

« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2006, 12:35:09 AM »

BK, have you ever seen the original movie or the musical The Spitfire Grill?  If you have, what did you think?  If not, have you heard of it?

George

« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2006, 12:37:52 AM »

Has anyone else seen/heard of this?

George

« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2006, 12:42:05 AM »

You don't have to answer until you come back to the board.

;)

George

« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2006, 12:45:28 AM »

So, not to change topics or anything, but a bunch of friends and coworkers are going to buy tickets to see Wicked in Seattle!  We're getting them through the theater's group purchase agent and we should get pretty good seats!  They (the theater) needs a minimum of 20 people and so far, we've got 22 confirmed, and one specific person may get either two or four tickets!  It's going to be at the Paramount Theater and we (hopefully) will get tickets in the front part of the lower mezzanine.  I can't wait!  I know it's not "Broadway," but I think it'll be pretty cool. ;D

George

« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2006, 12:54:25 AM »

The tickets are $68 each and include all taxes and fees.  Regular tickets for the same area are only $70, but they have fees on top of that.  So, it's a bit of a deal.  Also, we have to pay at the time of the order, so everyone has to pay me before next Friday, when we order the tickets.  Since I don't have a credit card, my friend Margo (who instigated this whole thing, but who doesn't have the greatest organizational skills) will actually pay for the tickets on her card that gets frequent flyer miles and I'll write her one big check after everyone has paid me.  After...that's the important part. :)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 12:56:42 AM by George »

George

« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2006, 12:58:35 AM »

Especially since 26 tickets times $68 is $1,768!!  I may not have any more debt, but there's no way that I could actually pay that at one time. ::)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up