Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: I KID YOU NOT  (Read 13193 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:I KID YOU NOT
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2006, 08:59:58 PM »

:)  Francois!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2006, 09:00:20 PM »

Page 6 Dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

François de Paris

« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2006, 09:00:24 PM »

Got it! TONINO'S, in Westwood!!

I like Domino's Pizza better! ;D

François de Paris

« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2006, 09:00:56 PM »

Dance, Ballerina, Dance!

François de Paris

« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2006, 09:05:01 PM »

Hello, George! back from the theater?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2006, 09:06:20 PM »

I started to watch last night's CONVICTION but it started off with a love scene featuring Eric Balfour (whom NBC is obviously pushing as a sex symbol; I think he's a fine actor but not in the least sexy), so I saved it and will go back to it later.

Speak for yourself. ;)

Actually, I don't care for the character that he plays at all, I just think that the actor very attractive. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2006, 09:11:26 PM »

I"m exhausted and feeling very sad about everything that happened tonight.  I have a lot to do tomorrow to get ready for my jury trial, so I think I'll just go to sleep. Night.

George

« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2006, 09:12:05 PM »

Hello, George! back from the theater?

Actually, back from work.  Well, I have been for some time.  I watched some taped shows, although I have a few more to watch.  My sister just called me and said that our mom came to visit her (while I was at work) and brought some cake!  Cake?  I'm there. :) So, I'm off, again.  But probably not for too long.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2006, 09:12:36 PM »

~~~Best Vibes for Cillaliz's Cat!!~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2006, 09:16:25 PM »

I"m exhausted and feeling very sad about everything that happened tonight.  I have a lot to do tomorrow to get ready for my jury trial, so I think I'll just go to sleep. Night.

I hope things are better tomorrow Cilla and pleasant dreams

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2006, 09:18:09 PM »

CillaLiz, I'm so sorry to hear about your trouble with Nilla. I hope you are able to find out what's wrong. One of my cats bit me one night when I interrupted a cat fight. Mine was in the house and the interloper was outside and they were fighting through the window. The vet called it misplaced aggression. I would suggest that you get Nilla a rabies shot, just in case he bites you -- then he won't have to be quarantined.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2006, 09:18:40 PM »

We have all supported each other through our pet problems, haven't we?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2006, 09:22:12 PM »

I intend to watch The Nun's Story soon, so I'll be interested to see the last half of the film and how it looks.

Didn't go to Barnum - stayed in and watched Liza With A Z, and may now watch Narnia or something else.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2006, 09:28:47 PM »

CillaLiz, I'm so sorry to hear about your trouble with Nilla. I hope you are able to find out what's wrong. One of my cats bit me one night when I interrupted a cat fight. Mine was in the house and the interloper was outside and they were fighting through the window. The vet called it misplaced aggression. I would suggest that you get Nilla a rabies shot, just in case he bites you -- then he won't have to be quarantined.

Thanks. The wierd thing with this was he was fine then just started hissing and coming at me. He even followed me into the bedroom and kept coming at me.  There was no cat fight and as far as I can tell nothing happened, he just struck out at me. He was menacing, but it wasn't like he really wanted to hurt me. He never tried to bite me and only a couple times tried to scratch me. He was swinging, but it wasn't like he really wanted to connect.

I think he's in pain and I think it's his teeth, but I also think I didn't react well. He scared me and I backed away so he kept coming. Then when he was already mad at me I tried to calm him down and it didn't work.  He came up to me 3 different times like he wanted to make up and rubbed against my legs and once let me pet him, then he started hissing and coming at me again.  Something isn't right.   I'm sure by the end of the ordeal I was scaring him and he was scaring me and he was mad and I was upset...not helpful, in the least.  But I've never seen anything like it. I have to believe he was in pain. I can't really think of any other explanation.

Now I really must get some sleep. I have a lot to do tomorrow.  Nilla will be at the Vet Hospital at least until Monday.  They are hoping to remove his bad teeth then and see if that helps him any. I'm hoping I can call during a break in the trial, and hoping that he will be home soon. But I want them to find out what's wrong.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2006, 09:31:22 PM »

We have all supported each other through our pet problems, haven't we?

Yes, and thanks everyone for that.  I don't know what I'll do if this aggression thing can't be resolved.  

François de Paris

« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2006, 09:36:24 PM »

Actually, back from work.  Well, I have been for some time.  I watched some taped shows, although I have a few more to watch.  My sister just called me and said that our mom came to visit her (while I was at work) and brought some cake!  Cake?  I'm there. :) So, I'm off, again.  But probably not for too long.

Taped shows... with Scotch brand? -- Don't answer that! --

François de Paris

« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2006, 09:38:14 PM »

I can assure you, your cat won't remember a thing.... and, actually, HE started it! :D

Meow! :)

Bonne nuit!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 09:38:35 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2006, 09:40:58 PM »

Cill, you see, if you had a Disney cat, he would talk to you and tell you exactly what's the matter! "Attacking" you is his way of telling you "help me!"

George

« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2006, 09:43:30 PM »

Back again.  Cake was a cake-mix cake with simple glaze...but still good.

The shows that I watched were "The New Adventures of Old Christine," "Two and a Half Men" and "Ghost Whisperer."  I still have to watch "Conviction" and "Las Vegas."  

I taped but haven't watched last week's "Desperate Housewives."  My mom borrowed my tape and hasn't gotten it back to me, yet.  If I'm not able to get it tomorrow, I'll have to tape tomorrow night's show and watch it after I get last week's episode.  I don't feel that that's the kind of show that can (should) be watched out of sequence.

François de Paris

« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2006, 09:47:36 PM »

Michael Barnum is in a local production of "Bombay Dreams"?

Ummm; I thought it was YOU in the part of Tom Thumb! ;)

I'm such a sucker! ;) (NOT born 'vry minit' though!)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 09:48:28 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2006, 09:50:47 PM »

The shows that I watched were "The New Adventures of Old Christine," "Two and a Half Men" and "Ghost Whisperer."

I like the prequel better:

"The Old Adventures of New Christine"! ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2006, 10:06:16 PM »

Speak for yourself. ;)

Actually, I don't care for the character that he plays at all, I just think that the actor very attractive. :)

Except for that moronic little bit of fuzz on the end that chin.  Shave it.

CONVICTION is becoming a real bore in my book; I'm still not convinced.

Yes, I'm back from a great concert and mediocre too-cramped party space, but filled with lovely ladies and gentlemen.  The film clips were wonderful and the man behind the computer animation is a genius.  The chart for Miss Karen Z sounded terrific tonight, the hostesses Joan Rivers and Anita Gillette were wonderful, and it was quite exciting.  too bad Avery Fisher wasn't as full as it should have been.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2006, 10:24:57 PM »

I like the prequel better:

"The Old Adventures of New Christine"! ;)

Francois... You are a hoot!! LOL!

François de Paris

« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2006, 10:37:07 PM »

Francois... You are a hoot!! LOL!

Hoot-e-nanny McPhy? :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2006, 10:43:20 PM »

Hoot-e-nanny McPhy? :)

Yeppers!! Thanks for the smiles good sir! My brain is fried from working on a paper the last two days. Thanks!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2006, 10:47:19 PM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

-I think that should cover my bases. ;)

Yes, I know I'm due for a bitchslapping, but..

It's been a good week.  Previews, previews, previews!

And my friend, Andy, came up from DC earlier this afternoon - saw the show tonight, then I took him down to the Village and we picked up a couple of cupcakes from Magnolia...

:)

And since we'll be meeting DR elmore for brunch tomorrow with DR Maria in the morning...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2006, 11:20:25 PM »

And my friend, Andy, came up from DC earlier this afternoon - saw the show tonight, then I took him down to the Village and we picked up a couple of cupcakes from Magnolia...

And since we'll be meeting DR elmore for brunch tomorrow with DR Maria in the morning...

Goodnight.

Continued good vibes with the previews...

I am too nice to bitchslap a person...

Have a lovely brunch with Maria and Elmore and extend hellos.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2006, 11:26:32 PM »

I've been trying to get into the Carole Lombard movie Hands Across The Table - every piece I've read on this movie calls it a perfect comedy.  I guess I'm missing the jokes.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2006, 11:55:26 PM »

Goodnight.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2006, 11:56:33 PM »

bk, i thought that movie was okay but ita was supposed to be a comedy?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up