Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I KID YOU NOT  (Read 13151 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I KID YOU NOT
« on: April 08, 2006, 01:08:17 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes kidded you not, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they were ON THEIR WAY until they saw the paltry number of postings yesterday.  Hopefully, we can get the back on their way today with a plethora of postings.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 12:11:44 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I KID YOU NOT
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 01:12:15 AM »

And the word of the day is: LATITUDINARIAN!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 01:13:54 AM »

George - no, I never saw the film of The Spitfire Grill, just the musical version.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 03:04:20 AM »

Raging headache from watching movies... May try and take a catnap and watch one more....

Then I can do some more writing...

TOTD:
Worst play I have seen was a rendition of Romeo and Juliet. That wa painful to watch as many of the key scenes such as the balcony scene and the sword fight were literally butchered. I still cringe when I picture it.

The worst musical was a local rendition of Little Shop of Horrors... YIKES.... it was bad!! Off key, the female lead could not remember the lyrics and all sorts of interesting things came out of her mouth. One guy passed out on the stage drunk and you hear him belching....

The worst movie that is a loaded gun and it boils down to my mood, the day and genre....

All time worst would have to be Caveman with Ringo Starr and Shelly Ladd.... Yes I am ashamed to say I was forced to watch and god it was bad. The sound track consisted of bad music, grunts and farts.

Invariable number of 'disease of the week' telemovies that appeared on the networks over the years. Some were good but there were a lot that were really bad ones either due to writing, production values or acting.

One that comes to mind is "Fbi: Manhunt in the Dakotas: The search for Gordon Kahl." The movie had Rod STeiger as Gordon Kahl. I chalk it up for continuity stupidity and failing to do your homework.  My issues with  this movie are the following
 A) Where are ther mountains in Fargo, North Dakota.
 B) Why do we sound like Georgians?
C) Why does Jamestown look like a colonial thowback to the early 1800s.. Jamestown was not founded until 1875. Where is its landmark buffalo for the shooting taht happened on the interstate.
D) Why are they wearing windbreakers in the middle of February? Why are they wearing plaid shirt jackets in February in NOrth Dakota of ALL places!!
E) Where is the snow????????

Other honorable mentions:
Grease 2
Xanadu - THe soundtrack was not bad...
Color of Money (not a huge Tom Cruise fan... I do like some of his stuff)
VAnilla Sky
Dalek Invasion of EArth, 2150AD..... The production values left a lot to be desired and the BBC version in the series was MUCH better. The movie version had Peter Cushing as the Doctor.
The funny part is that they actually borrowed some of the Dalek clips from the BBC.
Any movies with Pauly Shore, Britney Spears,  and Adam Sandler in the cast...

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Michael

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 04:27:48 AM »

I am sure that after reading today's note the question on everyone's mind is: Are you going to record the score for Kritzerland?
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 04:29:56 AM »

Good morning, all!  It took me around 8 hours to get the fixes into the number and I pray to God it goes well today.  I have to get to the office soon, finally accomplish some work on the Toyland project this weerk, run to dress rehearsal, get back here and clean up my act for the concert.  Tomorrow, i've got a morning brunch with DRs Jose and Maria, an afternoon in Toyland, and an evening at the theatre.  Monday I hope to recuperate lying prone next to the phone, which I'll need to check on my father's progress.  I'm getting too old for all this.

TOD:
Worst musical:  professionally, CARRIE
                     community, OKLAHOMA!

Worst play:  some horrible murder mystery I've repressed now; couldn't even tell you the cast, 1999 or 2000.

Worst film:  VAN HELSING, and a few more
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 04:36:50 AM »

The TOD:
Streatheat with  Glen "Whatever Happened to kid actor" Scarpelli. The only musical I ever left during intermisison.

Two plays I could not get into was the British play Good. and Hurlyburly. All three acts which no matter how hard I tried I could not keep my eyes open. There were actors from the all star cast I never ever saw on stage.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 04:49:37 AM »

Oh dear, well THE PILGRIM is what it is.  As for the Creative Team getting first place in the program for their bios....remember in Palm Beach there is a theatre that include as its center page - a photograph of the opening night audience!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 04:51:39 AM »

DR DAKOTA CELT - glad you liked Carroll's character in CHEYENNE AUTUMN...her 60's hair just about did me in, but she does do a nice job.  And I have to agree about Malden.....Montalban and Mineo and Del Rio were okay....but all I could think of was....they're NOT Indians!

Being 1/16 Cherokee myself, well I don't know ENOUGH about the American Indian, but it's interesting when a major movie gets SO MUCH wrong....that even I know it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 04:51:53 AM »

DR MATTH - I couldn't post a pic yesterday either.  Hmmmmmmmmm

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 04:53:20 AM »

Worst theatricals.....oh my.

There was a touring production of 42nd STREET which was awful....I still swear the taps were prerecorded.....everyone walked out onstage and you didn't hear a single metal tap....then suddenly when the dancing started, there was tapping all over the place!  You can't walk quietly in tap shows....you can't.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 04:57:14 AM »

Saw a local production of MY FAIR LADY at a competition once that was the WORST thing I ever saw.....

And a production of a play by Don DeLillo - THE DAY ROOM.  I had read the script and it seemed very "Twilight Zone" - full of all kinds of mystery and quirks.  The director (A director & instructor at Indiana University, no less) made a terrible mess of it.   In fact the whole town was talking about how awful it was....and the actors said things like...."well at least everybody is coming to see it....and talking about us..."  Yes, they were....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 04:59:29 AM »

I will only say that the worst production I have ever been involved in was GYPSY....directed by my cousin-in-law and starring his wife, my cousin....who had a completely WRONG take on Madame Rose.  She saw her as a heroine who was doing the right thing for her kids....and played her in a sweet, motherly way....   None of her songs had the bite or horror in them, and it made the story flat.  Didn't help that our Herbie was beyond bland....

That's the name of my new musical BEYOND BLAND....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 04:59:35 AM »

Off to work....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2006, 05:00:04 AM »

Well, DR FRANCOIS....I actually would have paid the price for the autographed CD....actually....

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 07:00:32 AM »

TOD: I have seen many bad shows. I am sure I will think of them as the day goes on. Right now I can say RENT, Movin Out, and a local production of Joseph...Dreamcoat.

I must get out of town. I need to be able to say I was out of town when I am asked why I did help to distribute flyers through the neighborhood. So, bye for now!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 07:39:04 AM »

Good morning. Just stopping in to say hi. I'm waiting for my parents to arrive, which should be any moment. I got things straightened up a little. It's a lot better than it was yesterday. I have to preserve my energy to try to keep up with mom shopping. She may be 78 but she's a terror at the mall. She must be the original power shopper!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 08:21:56 AM »

Good morning!

It's overcast here, typical April shower day with high lucky to get to 70. Looks like we'll be having spring (rather than summer; it was 81 here yesterday) for the next four or five days at least. FIne with me.

I wanted to mow the grass this morning, but it's sprinkled rain already and likely to rain more during the course of the day, so no chance to mow today. Maybe tomorrow if it doesn't rain to hard today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 08:22:26 AM »

Yes, I've seen THE SPITFIRE GRILL at the movies and I have the DVD. I like the film very much.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 08:24:45 AM »

Worst movie? Well, I'd say probably a tie between INCHON and BATTLEFIELD: EARTH. They were both ineptly made, hideously boring to watch, and a complete waste of time.

I also thought CALIGULA was awful and, from an outfit who prized itself in being sexy and erotic, completely unsexy and unerotic.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 08:27:24 AM »

The worst play I ever sat through was a local production of DEATHTRAP. It had one of the finest sets I've ever seen on a stage (even in New York), and on that set were two of the worst actors I've ever seen. When the wife had her heart attack, the audience was screaming with laughter, and at no time did people jump or gasp at the thriller aspects of the piece because of the disastrous direction. Just a wretched, awful production.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2006, 08:28:57 AM »

I did record CONVICTION last night and will watch it at some point today. I want to finish BROKEBACKL MOUNTAIN and move on to THE NUN'S STORY. Looking forward to that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006, 08:51:25 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - barely.  She of the Evil Eye will be here momentarily, so I must dress myself.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 08:54:47 AM »

I'm going to head down now to prep lunch, finish mopping the kitchen (didn't get to it yesterday since I was gone most of the day), and make some phone calls before settling in with some videos.

WBBL.

Ben

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2006, 09:09:14 AM »

I know that many people consider this film to be an art house treasure but I loathe with every fiber of my being

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover or whatever this stinking piece of shit is called.

I think it is the most prentious waste of celluoid I have ever seen. The people I was with loved it. I thought it stank worse than a decomposing body on a hot August day.

I'm on Long Island right now. I will think about the other worsts and try to post later. Obviously, I was able to fix the problems with the computer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2006, 09:15:41 AM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to the editing room.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2006, 10:18:21 AM »

Hi JMK.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2006, 10:20:53 AM »

Well, I have a brief respite from one of the busiest springs I have had in many a year, so I thought I'd drop by and say "hi" and see how everyone is doing.

TOD:  I was in an "experimental" piece in high school called The Falling Sickness, by one Russell Edson (I think we may have discussed it/him a long time ago)--a 3 character play in which all 3 actors at one point assumed one of the three characters--Father, Mother, and Son.  I remember very little about it, other than that we ended each scene by beating each other senseless with rubber bowling pins (I kid you not ;) ), and that the actress playing Mother had a declarative sentence which she simply could not perform any other way than by making it sound like a question.  I remember one rehearsal where we literally spent an hour going over her one line (over and over and over), with the director repeatedly saying it for her as a statement, then her repeating it--as a question.  Oy.   This walk through the Twilight Zone was only topped by the stunned reaction of the audience (at some community college north of Salt Lake--maybe Weber State, I can't recall now).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2006, 10:21:28 AM »

Hi, Jane.    Updated my email for you yesterday.  :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 10:21:41 AM by JMK »

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 10:23:19 AM »

Tell Keith I never heard back from Dale Orloff--the bastard person (a Waiting for Guffman reference).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up