Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THUS  (Read 19507 times)

Jennifer

Re:THUS
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2006, 07:53:14 PM »

I did not get to watch MEDIUM yet, but i'm looking forward to it. Luckily I noticed it went over (it's on here from 9-10pm). It never goes over on CTV. BUt it went till 10 exactly or maybe a minute earlier (usually ends at :55). So i'm taping the end now (NBC).

Did anybody watch that new cooking contest on NBC? They played a lot of MEDIUM commercials during it!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2006, 07:54:26 PM »

Did I chase Kerry away?

Nahhhh, you would never do a think like that Jane!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2006, 07:54:39 PM »

Page 7 dance....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2006, 07:56:15 PM »

DR Jennifer, any ideas when CBC will be broadcasting the 2nd season of Dr. Who?

I watched the Dalek episode from season one  this past Friday... Too bad the evil machines cannot be used for threatening certain bad  writers (Passions, Days) to write better.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2006, 07:57:27 PM »

Dakota-LOL

Jennifer they are spraying less & asking before blasting you with that stuff.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2006, 07:58:04 PM »

Time to go.

'night

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2006, 08:30:57 PM »

Had some fun video experiences tonight. Started off finishing the first HARRY POTTER. What amazed me was how accurate the likeness of Voldemort was in this one looking so much like the way Ralph Fiennes ended up looking in the fourth one. A little more nose in this version (CGI, of course), but a very close match. Amazing since Ralph wasn't cast until four years later!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2006, 08:33:03 PM »

MEDIUM spoilers - - - - - - -

I think the MEDIUM promos gave way too much away on this episode. It would have been much more mysterious and creepy if we hadn't know about "a evil medium."

That said, I really enjoyed the show, and particularly enjoyed Allison's explanation to her daughters about the lies to the public and the truth to the family.

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2006, 08:35:20 PM »

After finishing HARRY POTTER, I put in the first disc in the Season 3 MONK boxed set. The first episodes in the set are the last one Bitty Schramm was in playing Monk's assistant Sharonna.

I watched two episodes tonight - the New York-based season premiere (a good mystery) and the panic room episode (which was ridiculous).

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »

'24' tonight was another agonizingly tense episode with the ebb and flow of the good guys and the bad guys having the upper hand. One exciting moment after another and really unbearably absorbing. I think there are five more episodes to go in the season.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2006, 08:45:34 PM »

Guess I'll head down now and get some sleep.

Good night, everyone!

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2006, 09:10:56 PM »

DRs Jane and Ginny (and anyone else going to New York in Oct) I am planning to go again.  I have something I may want to be here for on Oct 3, I need to do some checking....I'll be in touch

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2006, 09:13:15 PM »

DRs Jane and Ginny (and anyone else going to New York in Oct) I am planning to go again.  I have something I may want to be here for on Oct 3, I need to do some checking....I'll be in touch

Greetings Cilla...  

I hope you can go to NYC and see the other Hainsies also...

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2006, 09:13:36 PM »

The James Taylor concert was really fun tonight.  We had great seats, had a great time together and James was very entertaining. I guess I didn't realize he was so funny.  anyway, he sang all the old favorites and a good time was had by all....well maybe not the couple in front of us who ended up leaving after a couple songs...too much fun before the concert, I believe...but it left us a great view!~

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2006, 09:14:51 PM »

Hi Dakota, I'd love to stay and chat, but i'm really tired and have had a bit of a sort throat all day.  My vacation is now over and I'm back to work bright and early.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2006, 09:21:24 PM »

The James Taylor concert was really fun tonight.  We had great seats, had a great time together and James was very entertaining. I guess I didn't realize he was so funny.  anyway, he sang all the old favorites and a good time was had by all....well maybe not the couple in front of us who ended up leaving after a couple songs...too much fun before the concert, I believe...but it left us a great view!~

I like James Taylor... He is a marvelous singer / songwriter.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2006, 09:21:44 PM »

I hope you sore throat goes away.... Sending better throat vibes your way dear...

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2006, 09:23:36 PM »

Gins! Glad you had a good time at the James Taylor concert! Ah, for the old times...

okay, more on TOD - RE: Cents - well, my name is Penny...

And Sense: of Wonder, surely.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2006, 09:24:08 PM »

Sense of hearing, especially early in the morning, as far as birds are concerned.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2006, 09:24:31 PM »

And fine sens-amilla
PennyO

FJL

« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2006, 09:53:47 PM »

Divarobbie - Skip sent an email to Laura B. a little while ago through your Laura B. website.  (He couldn't find any other email address for her.)  Will emails sent there actually ultimately get to Laura?

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2006, 10:25:27 PM »

Back from the House evening - which was interesting. Some of it quite funny. Good Sherlock Holmes discussion (how the character of Holmes was based on a doctor and Dr. House is based on Holmes - but the creators of the show didn't know that Holmes was based on a doctor until after the fact...).
Alas, the lines for food were long and I didn't feel like waiting. It didn't look all that exciting anyway. Not much in the way of chocolate! Stopped at Gelson's on the way home and got some yummy chicken tenders and salad.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:27:52 PM by Maria »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2006, 10:57:42 PM »

COLOR ME PISSED - isn't that the sequel to "Yellow River"

I thoguht it was a Streisand special.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2006, 10:59:26 PM »

Back from lunch.  A passable, but wouldn't-do-it-again, sweet 'n' sour chicken with rice and steamed veggies.  There was a sweet sauce poured over a grilled chicken breast...I never figured out what the sour was.

Maybe the chicken was bad?

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »

***Healing throat vibes to bk***

JR - Thanks for the warning, but I'd never try any perfume "made" by a movie star. Unless it was Eau de Monty Clift.

I bought a bottle of that once, but one side of it was cracked.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2006, 11:18:36 PM »

DR George - how are you feeling today?

I've been meaning to talk about the touring company of Wicked, which we saw last month in Cincinnati.  Julia Murney was out at the matinee we attended and I was a little disappointed until her understudy, Maria Eberline, sang "The Wizard and I."  She held her own quite well.

Feeling better today than yesterday.  I got some medicine and it seems to be working.  

And today, we bought the tickets for Wicked in Seattle!  It's official!  We won't get the actual tickets until two or three weeks before the show, but just about everyone's paid.  We also got very good seats...34 total and most are in the third, forth and fifth rows in the first mezzanine section, which is right behind the loge, which only has three rows, itself.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2006, 11:18:57 PM »

MEDIUM spoilers - - - - - - -

I think the MEDIUM promos gave way too much away on this episode. It would have been much more mysterious and creepy if we hadn't know about "a evil medium."

That said, I really enjoyed the show, and particularly enjoyed Allison's explanation to her daughters about the lies to the public and the truth to the family.

I really liked this episode, and I agree about the promos giving away too much.  That seems to happen more and more often. :P

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:22:10 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2006, 11:21:48 PM »

T.O.D.

I very rarely wear cologne anymore, because so many people are allergic to it.  Still, my favorite cologne, for me, is Drakkar Noir.  I love the smell of it, and it smells good on me.  I stopped buying it when a guy I was dating told me I was the first white guy he had ever known who had worn it.  I used to use Grey Flannel, and I still like it.

It must go back to a childhood memory, but to me the real scent of a man is Aqua Velva.  Too bad it stinks on me.

“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2006, 11:24:48 PM »

TCB!!

I thought you and George would have used Old Spice!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2006, 11:29:40 PM »

Hmmm, I just read on the internet, that since Dale Earnhart, Jr. became its spokesman; Dakkar Noir has gone from #15 to #1 in sales.  I wonder if it is similar to Drakkar?  The strange thing about the news item is that is was a press release from the distributor.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up