Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD FOR WHAT AILS YA  (Read 20591 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:GOOD FOR WHAT AILS YA
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2006, 08:29:35 PM »

SCRUBS gave star Zach Braff much of the night off. Since his character was locked in a water tower, the janitor was front and center tonight. Neil Flynn's character has always been a consistent laugh-getter, so it was nice seeing him center stage for a change. Nutty as a fruitcake, of course, but funny.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2006, 08:30:19 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Eight Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2006, 08:31:26 PM »

It was nice to see LESS THAN PERFECT after such a long layoff. Characters haven't changed a bit, and their ensemble playing is good, simple fun.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2006, 08:48:08 PM »

I read the chapter in SECOND ACT TROUBLE tonight about THE RED SHOES.

Which of our NYCers saw this musical either during previews or during one of its five performances? I'd love to hear some of your impressions.

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2006, 08:48:37 PM »

I guess I'll be heading for bed now.

Good night, everyone!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2006, 09:10:07 PM »

Does that mean that PUNKY BREWSTER is not really a "classic"

Hilarious!!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2006, 09:18:39 PM »

My turn to rant:

I'm taking a friend's car for the next couple weeks as he is getting married in Jamaica, so that works out well. I pick up the car, drop him off, start heading up 8th Ave. to pick up TPunk and her visiting mother to give them a ride home. But 8th Ave. is mysteriously closed at 42nd Street and a cop makes me turn left. So I have to call TPunk and let her know I won't be driving up and meeting her at the appointed place. Mind you, traffic is crawling and I am now being routed through Times Square.

During this brief call, I am spotted by a lawman who pulls me over and I am served a ticket for operating a vehicle while using an electronic device. Now, I am all for that law. I hate people yakking and driving, but what is one supposed to do when one is meeting somebody and the street is suddenly closed and it isn't like I can pull off into a driveway or anything to let my gal know I can't pick her up in the appinted place? Okay, I'm sure every cellphone yakker has an excuse.

But what angers me most is I don't even have a car, I was in this car for less than 10 minutes, and I got a ticket. I haven't gotten a ticket since 1990!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2006, 09:25:51 PM »

Dakota - I'm not sure what you're referring to. Unless you're using my "points" as a jumping off point to speak generally. But I certainly didn't mention anything about your posts not making sense. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote. Anyway, to clarify things - my rant post wasn't about anyone here.

Yes, I was using your points as a jumping off point. I should try and do better and go back and read before I post. :-)  The evils of posting on the fly at work.  I assumed it was in general.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »

Yes, Penny O, you hit on a good one that I hear more and more:
"The thing is is.."

And Pogue, "Classic" has no meaning at all anymore.

Along those lines is "finest." Read any copy on any food package from potato chips to frozen dinners and they'll tell you they only use the "finest" ingredients. If that's so, who is using the lesser ingredients?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2006, 09:49:09 PM »

Jane, was your "sad but true" in response to my saying there is no such thing as unconditional love?  I actually think that is a good thing.  I think everything must have boundaries and conditions...particularly love.  Those who try to give "unconditional" love will find their love abused for sure.  The first love anyone has to have is a healthy self-love.

I never believe people who tell me they love their children or their dog or their friend more than themselves. No.  Until you first love yourself; you can't love anything.

FJL

« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2006, 09:51:32 PM »

Old David Letterman bit re the "finest ingredients" -

"This dog food says they use only the finest ingredients and not a speck of cereal.  My dog spends the day drinking out of the toilet and going through the garbage - I don't think he'd mind a speck of cereal."

FJL

« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2006, 09:55:12 PM »

Have we already done the routine about "if this is NEW AND IMPROVED, does that mean they used to sell us OLD AND LOUSY?"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2006, 09:57:24 PM »

Sweet!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

divarobbie

• There's always one step further down you can go...
    • RobbieRozelle.com
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2006, 10:01:39 PM »

Well, thank you... I must have left out the word "sure."

As for AI:  I'm thinkin the bottom three is gonna be Taylor, Ace and Kellie, and we can kiss Pickler goodbye.  And not a minute too soon.  If she asks what another thing is, I may reach through the tv and strangle her.  Thank god for televisionwithoutpity.com.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2006, 10:38:40 PM »

Jane, was your "sad but true" in response to my saying there is no such thing as unconditional love?  I actually think that is a good thing.  I think everything must have boundaries and conditions...particularly love.  Those who try to give "unconditional" love will find their love abused for sure.  The first love anyone has to have is a healthy self-love.

I never believe people who tell me they love their children or their dog or their friend more than themselves. No.  Until you first love yourself; you can't love anything.

I'm quoting this post, although I'm really responding to your first one regarding unconditonal love.  I'm just too lazy to go back and find it :)
For some reason, I feel the need to offer a different perspective.  
I believe that unconditional love is quite possible.  However, giving unconditonal love doesn't imply that one allows the person to walk all over you, it isn't a "get out of jail free" card.  Saying that you love someone uncondtionally means that you will love them no matter what.  It doesn't necessitate forgiving them each and every wrong doing, promising to support them in every endeavor, or enduring any abuse they might give you. You can love someone and yet, for your own sake, remove them from your life.  

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2006, 10:40:39 PM »

Rodzinski! I laughed out loud - sorry - about the cellfone in the car story! Isn't that a bitch!!!!! Hahahahahahaaa! That'll teach ya to forsake public transportation!
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2006, 11:48:52 PM »

Back from a really long editing session, so notes will be late.  I was really hoping to lock the picture tonight, but we only got two-thirds of the way through act two, where I had more pickup shots to use than act one (most of these pickups are being used to cover shots from the actual show where audience was visible).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2006, 10:39:45 AM »

BK, here's my ASK BK DAY question:  Why is Tuesday's day of posts not closed?? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2006, 10:48:28 AM »

BK, you locked the wrong day!! :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2006, 10:58:16 AM »

If this is Tuesday, this must be good for what ails ya.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up