News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TARDY  (Read 21479 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:TARDY
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 08:05:17 AM »

Good morning.

It's a GLORIOUS morning (in Oakland C-A)!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 08:06:28 AM »

I was out early.

Stopped at an ATM.

Got gas.

Stopped at my cleaners to pick up laundry.

Got a cup of coffee and a muffin

And here I sit.

I think I'm ready for a nap, Mr. DeMille!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 08:07:46 AM »

Well, I couldn't get over how busy Elliott's line was last night. The first time that's ever happened on the phone exchange I use. Taylor's line wasn't as busy as usual. During the past three weeks, his line has been the busiest with Paris joining him last week and taking over the lead this week.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 08:11:49 AM »

Happy Page 3 Photo....from MGM...behind the scenes of "Easter Parade" -- Garland, Roger Edens and Astaire:

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 08:19:42 AM »

My Roland keyboard has been non-functional for WAY too many weeks - I finally took it "in" last week, and got a call yesterday that i can pick it up today!!! I will be so happy to have it back! I have no piano in the loft here at Playa Vista, and I miss playing a little of this or that each morning.

Just by-the-way - for all his self-effacing modesty about his piano skills, BK plays really well. We're not talking Rachmaninoff - he doesn't play Chopin, not Debussy... but his accompaniments to real musical theater music are right up there. And by ear - like my Grandma used to play - a magic trick for those of us who are enslaved to the sheet music.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 08:21:01 AM »

And it's another simply gawjus day here in lovely LA LA LAnd...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 08:22:31 AM »

Here's a question for Mr. BK - this musical theater workshop you've created over at LACC - are you running a summer session?
PennyO

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 08:25:51 AM »

Heading down now to get some household chores done before starting on lunch.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 08:31:17 AM »

Hello.  I have had a busy morning of people trying to kill me on the highway.  I drive a bright blue Ford station wagon, not a small car, not a subtle color, but for some reason,  NO ONE was able to see me this morning,

No less than three times did some SUV (not the same one mind you, three different SUV's) suddenly pull in front of me, inches from my front bumper and then stomp on their brakes. This is on a road witha 55 mile speed limit...not allowing me a lot of braking room.  Once I was forced to make an impromtu lane change into the space just vacated by one of the SUV's in order to avoid crashing into it.  The other two times I was able to stop just in time but I suspect you would have had a hard time sliding a piece of paper through the miniscule space left between our respective bumpers.

I have recently heard a TV news story about a scam going on here on the Island where a car packed with people manuevers you into "rear-ending" it and then all the people in the car complain of neck and back injuries and sue you for all they can get.

I suspect the scammers were out in force today.  I, of course, in the panic of the moment, didn't think of this until I was well away from these various  SUVs and unable to copy their license plate number

Of course today could just be National Drive Like An Ass***e Day and I just missed the notice.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 09:05:40 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

Is anyone else watching The Next Food Network Star?  If so, you can vote now.  (lines have been open since sunday, so no real spoiler here) The finalists are Reggie and Guy...I'm pulling for Reggie, but Guy's pilot was really good.  Can't wait to see who wins

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2006, 08:36:27 AM »

Well, I am on day 2 of virtually no voice and a sore throat.  Thank God I have some codine cough syrup or i don't think i would have slept all night.  This being sick crap is for the birds. I've never been sick as much as I have the last few months. It isn't just me it's everyone at the office.  I'm tired of it.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 08:36:51 AM »

Done with rant.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2006, 08:49:49 AM »

Is anyone else watching The Next Food Network Star?  If so, you can vote now.  (lines have been open since sunday, so no real spoiler here) The finalists are Reggie and Guy...I'm pulling for Reggie, but Guy's pilot was really good.  Can't wait to see who wins
I don't care for either of 'em.  Carissa and Nathan each had more talent, more to say, and had more sex appeal.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 08:52:22 AM »

And with that, I'm off to earn my slice of bacon.  Otherwise, der Brucer won't get fed and will waste away to nothing!   :o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2006, 09:04:13 AM »

I don't care for either of 'em.  Carissa and Nathan each had more talent, more to say, and had more sex appeal.

Interesting, I wasn't that fond of Carissa and Nathan, but I was never sure why

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2006, 09:08:43 AM »

Cilla - maybe being in that office has been the culprit in your ongoing less-than-optimum health??
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2006, 09:09:45 AM »

Maybe y'all keep passing stuff around... what about those white masks for everyone? Just to see if it would work?
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2006, 09:11:18 AM »

Anyhow, my answer for all sore throat, upper respiratory, coughing, colds-type illness is CHICKEN SOUP!!!

And if you have a sprain, CHICKEN SOUP!

Arthritis? yep...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2006, 09:12:52 AM »

(aside) Oh, how I love early Spring!!
PennyO

vixmom

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2006, 09:14:15 AM »

Rodzinski, I sympathize with ya buddy....even when you get caught "red handed" it's never pleasant to get a ticket.  

Did you try to explain to the police officer the reason for your call and he didn't care to let you off or did you simply accept the ticket without explaining?

I have a "blue tooth" wireless earpiece that I use when I am in the car and my phone "voice dials" so I can say someone's name into my bluetooth and the phone dials itself so I have the hands free thing going.

However, I don't undersatand why  speakinginto a handheld phone is considered any more dangerous than holding a conversation with the passengers in your car while you are driving and holding and drinking steaming hot cup of coffee or smoking a cigarette or cigar  or eating a breakfast sandwich, burger etc all of which I see every day on my 60 mile round trip commute on the road to hell.

vixmom

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2006, 09:15:28 AM »

(aside) Oh, how I love early Spring!!

A bowl of chicken soup, some crown molding and my life could be perfect!  ;D

vixmom

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 09:17:44 AM »

Speaking of perfect lives,  I haven't seen Ginny this morning. Could it be she's too busy cashing in her winning Mega Millions ticket worth in excess of 265 million?  The sole winning ticket was sold in OHIO!!!!!!

Lottery officials say the winning ticket from Tuesday night's drawing, worth $265 million, was sold in Cincinnati.

In addition to the grand prize winner, 21 players matched all five numbers but not the Mega Ball number. Those players will receive second prizes of $250,000 dollars each.

Another 109 players matched four numbers, plus the Mega Ball number -- good for third prizes of ten-thousand dollars each.

The winning numbers from Tuesday night's drawing were: 13, 14, 25, 34 and 50. The Mega Ball number was six.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:12:03 AM by vixmom »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 09:18:38 AM »

I was so tired last night I forgot the word of the day.

And the word of the day is: SENILE!

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 09:19:14 AM »

Re: "American Idol":

SPOILER -- if you haven't seen it!

I fear for Elliot, since folks tend to listen to Simon rather than form their own opinions of what they've just heard.

I fear for Elliot because right now I don't think he is as popular as a few of the others.

Also, I think that most viewers don't really know if someone is off pitch or whatever. So they listen to the judges to help them.

I do think I get what Simon meant re: Elliot's personality.  While i'm sure he has a nice personality, it doesn't really come across most of the time.  Take Kellie for example. Most people, including Simon and Rod Stewart have said that she has a nice personality.  You feel like you know her.  Elliot seems very quiet, much more than the others. And i think that could hurt him.

It's funny but i thought ace would be more popular than he is. He was even favored to win in the beginning. But while he's the cutest, i think most don't think he's the best.

Also, re: something Paula said last night. She mentioned that for the first year it seems like anyone remaining could win. And i actually agree. While i think that chris is probably the one i think could win. I definitely think that anybody has the potential.  Right now I think katharine and kellie are my favorites. But i certainly like everyone else quite a bit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2006, 09:19:36 AM »

PennyO - the workshop will apparently only convene in the fall, from Feb to late May, so the next one will be in '07.  

vixmom

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2006, 09:19:52 AM »

I filled up my gas tank this morning since it was half empty... gosh cheap gas "only" $2.999!!! @22.00 for half a tank!  When I first bought this car I could fill it from empty for $17.00

Thanks Mr. Bush, you're doing a heck of a job!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006, 09:20:35 AM »

Got an e-mail response this morning fromt the fellow who knows this person I alluded to in the notes.  He's passing my number on to said person this evening, and he's sure I'll hear from said person at that time.  I'm very excited!

vixmom

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2006, 09:23:06 AM »

My Bk question... what is  "The Real A" columns? Was that a website prior to this one?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2006, 09:33:51 AM »

Vixmom, sometimes I think that EVERY day is  National Drive Like An Ass***e Day.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

vixmom

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2006, 09:35:34 AM »

Vixmom, sometimes I think that EVERY day is  National Drive Like An Ass***e Day.

;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up