Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME  (Read 22191 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2006, 11:55:41 PM »

Now, KRULL, there was a movie.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2006, 11:56:52 PM »

Vixmom, when in doubt, italicize.

In Playbill classic arts style, we do that, although in B'Way bios, they put TV shows in quotes, which I don't really dig.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #242 on: April 21, 2006, 11:58:37 PM »

Not sure if Acrobat 5 has this option, Ron, but in 6 if you go under FILE, there is an option: "Reduce file size" that does all that dirty work for you.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2006, 11:58:52 PM »

As I frenzy on...

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2006, 12:00:57 AM »

Beefsteak Charlies is still around. It is owned by a chain and has moved around a bit. Currently, I believe it replaced Joe Franklin's Place, Joe's failed restaurant venture (although there is still a comedy club in the back bearing his name).

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #245 on: April 22, 2006, 12:02:22 AM »

DROWSY CHAPERONE: I loved it.  Fun, wacky but not overdone, still a bit of subtlety there, which I enjoy. But great comic turns by every single member of the cast.

Tomorrow: LESTAT

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: April 22, 2006, 12:04:15 AM »

Just back from A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE, which stars - among others - two BK connections, Christiane Noll, and  also Joe Kolinski (who played the Robert Preston role in THE LAST STARFIGHTER musical on stage and CD) .  My mind is racing with all this work has to say about existential ideas and where do we go after this life, while still managing to be a fine musical theater entertainment.  It'll be interesting to see if people (i.e., critics) are drawn in or put off by the provocative nature of the show's handling of these ideas, though.

I have the original cast CD and thoroughly enjoy it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2006, 12:07:51 AM »

TPunk's mom treated us to the show and dinner at The Rainbow Room. Now, I don't want to complain when someone else is paying, but I don't like seeing someone pay heavy prices for rotten service and lackluster food. NOT RECOMMENDED!

At one point a group of people, tourists we shall say, sat down for drinks and the view is nice up there, but one woman took it upon herself to tell everyone what they were seeing out the window. But I've never heard someone talk so much out of their arse! She was wrong about almost everything she said.

"That's the new Met-Life Building!" she said, of a building 35 years old.
"That's where they drop the ball on New Years!" she said of a communications tower atop a 50 story building!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up