Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WICKY WACKY  (Read 12155 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WICKY WACKY
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2010, 02:48:38 PM »

Wicky wacky.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2010, 02:48:58 PM »

Well, no one can say we didn't get to page four.  And that is NO thanks to our defectors.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2010, 02:59:07 PM »

BK's close personal directee Adair is doing several Maltby & Shire tunes at the cabaret in a couple of weeks.  We have old original M&S handwritten scores that are completely illegible.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2010, 03:00:13 PM »

Perfect.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2010, 03:00:21 PM »

Fast.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2010, 03:00:29 PM »

Super fast.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2010, 03:01:08 PM »

I'm going to sit in the Jacuzzi for a little while - haven't done that in ages.  It rained a little this morning, but it stopped pretty quickly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2010, 03:01:45 PM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.  Is the word pus familiar to one of you?

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2010, 03:46:38 PM »

I have a 4 day weekend and there should be some BK sitcoms in my mail today, via Netflix, which should keep me entertained for at least an hour of that long weekend.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2010, 03:48:01 PM »

I have a four-day weekend, as well.  It doesn't include Friday, though.  Will have a three-day work week next week, with Wednesday being my "Monday".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2010, 03:48:32 PM »

What am I....."Lost" or something?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2010, 03:58:05 PM »

I went to Blockbuster and bought 3 DVD's for $20 -

Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr
Amelia
Twilight New Moon

None of them got really great reviews.....but they should be entertaining one way or the other.  I didn't buy them in Blu Ray - because who knows if I would have to update my hardware....

I saw all of them on dvd.  Sherlock Holmes was not really what i was expecting. I really like Robert Downey Jr. But I guess I hadn't paid a lot of attention when it was in the theatre. I had no idea it was a monster action packed film. It was okay. And they are filming a sequel. I liked it but didn't love it.

Amelia with Hilary Swank was not bad.  Without spoiling it (in case anybody doesn't know her fate), I wanted more from the ending.  It was interesting to see all her flights (assuming they were accurately depicted).  It was okay but at times it felt more like a documentary and less like a typical movie from now.

Re: New Moon. I really liked this one. So much better than the first movie. I am a big fan of the books. But was not crazy about the first movie. But this one was so much better. It's a shame they are switching directors again for the 3rd film.

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2010, 03:58:26 PM »

Good evening.  Paul's birthday is on Sunday so I'm taking him to Sex and the City 2 tonight.  When he lived in NYC he became friends with Patricia Field.  They still are friends, but it goes way back.  Anyway, he really wants to see the movie and I'm sure we'll wait to see her name in the credits.  He said if this was a real city he'd go in drag, lol.  I'm sorry, but i can't imagine Paul in drag...my brian just won't do it

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2010, 03:58:58 PM »

He was the oldest living recipient of the medal until he died.   that was on the news and for some reason cracked me up

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »

I have sat in the Jacuzzi - it was grand.

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2010, 04:00:40 PM »

I don't think I mentioned that last night at  a meeting HWHC was making fun of cats, little did he know that half of the people on the board are cat lovers...I got a kick out of them telling him to shut up.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »

Well, after only 11 hours of work today I feel like I could stay awake for maybe two more hours. And that's it.

Just enough time to watch "The Invention of Lying" before it has to go back to the library.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »

Tomorrow I am working. I have a meeting at 2:00 PM, but I'm giving Edith the afternoon off and I"ll leave as soon as the meeting is over

John G.

« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2010, 04:02:35 PM »

DR Elmore: Is the word "caress"?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »

I had a great 2 hour lunch with a friend at an outside table at Bev's on the River today.  It was a glorious day and we had a great conversation.  I hadn't talked to him in ages so it was very nice to catch up

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »

Today was productive.  I got 2 motions filed I haven't seemed to get done. Of course today was the deadline, but that's ok.  I also got word that the government wasn't going to resist reopening a client's case in immigration court who was totally screwed over by previous lawyers.  It was very good news because it was a case I was really stressing about

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2010, 04:26:10 PM »

Good evening.  Paul's birthday is on Sunday so I'm taking him to Sex and the City 2 tonight.  When he lived in NYC he became friends with Patricia Field.  They still are friends, but it goes way back.  Anyway, he really wants to see the movie and I'm sure we'll wait to see her name in the credits.  He said if this was a real city he'd go in drag, lol.  I'm sorry, but i can't imagine Paul in drag...my brian just won't do it

I cannot wait to see this movie. I hope it is as good as the first one. It looks fun. I'm trying not to read/watch too many spoilers. The preview had one big  "ah" spoiler moment.

I think the whole cast is going to be on THE VIEW tomorrow.

John G.

« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »

I cannot wait to see this movie. I hope it is as good as the first one. It looks fun. I'm trying not to read/watch too many spoilers. The preview had one big  "ah" spoiler moment.

I think the whole cast is going to be on THE VIEW tomorrow.

Roger Ebert was another critic who hated the first film and didn't care for this one. But he did say in his review that he thought the fans of the show would be thoroughly entertained by it.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2010, 04:59:34 PM »

I'm very relaxed right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »

Of course, the fact that we're still on page four is making me tense.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2010, 05:02:39 PM »

Nobody puts BK in a corner.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2010, 05:07:48 PM »

I really don't have anything to add today, unless you want to know that the monarch scientist played with the kittens and that the contractor working on the house across the street finished today and told me to feel free to put stuff in the dumpster because it was all paid for.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2010, 05:08:14 PM »

It's a post.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »

I'm curious what kind of reviews the movie Sex & The City 2 has been getting.

I loved the series and i loved the first movie. I have been looking forward to seeing the sequel for months (and am going on tuesday). But here they let some man who hated the series and the first movie review the second one. And he gave it a bomb rating.

This really made me angry since he knew he would hate it before even seeing it. And to me to give something a bomb means it is complete crap (which i'm sure this movie is not). Plus there are so many people who are looking forward to seeing it and the bomb rating will just make people feel bad.

It's not like he's writing for some itsy bitsy paper. He's writing for the Montreal Gazette (the main English daily here).

Why would anyone feel bad because SEX AND THE CITY 2 got a bad review?  You don't really think they give a damn what kind of reviews the film recieves, do you?  SATC became a box office hit the moment the film was announced.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2010, 05:27:26 PM »

DR Elmore: Is the word "caress"?

Actually caress is a good choice for Victor's handwriting, but the accent is on the wrong syllable. To fit musically it has to be a 2-syllable word with the accent on the first syllable like "trembling" or "passion." Where's my Roget?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up