Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WINDY  (Read 27151 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:WINDY
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2006, 02:16:14 PM »

My work hours prevent me from watching evening telly. Have not seen any of the shows you are chatting about. I have seen CSI and Law and Order from time to time. There fore I watch either tapes, DVDs or something on cable (when I get the chance) or the soaps primarily ABC... Will tape and FF DAys when Matt Ashford/Missy Reeves are on. The writing is too painful to watch... My sympathies to the cast....

We only get CBS here if we have cable.

I see NBC is cancelling both Will and Grace and the West Wing at the end of the season...  I had seen both shows a few times and I liked them... Rare for NBC.....

Anyone seen Rental Properties on ABC?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 02:17:25 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2006, 02:19:47 PM »

Dr Jose - You won't have any trouble with BART when you get here, I'm not sure how early it runs in the morning.  If I still lived in South San Francisco, I'd put you up overnight... however, I'm not there anymore and way out of the way.  Check the BART schedule on the web.

As for restaurants, the Curran is in Union Square so there are a lot of nice places.  The Daily Grill (on Geary) is nice, There is a Max's Opera Cafe near the Curran, also.  Across the street from the Curran is a neat little Deli called... ummm.... DAMN, I can't think of the name, but its awning is orange and blue, maybe it will come to me later.  Anyhow, you won't go hungry in that area.

You can take the Powell Street cable car to Fishermans Wharf and Pier 39 - very touristy, and Ghiradeli (sp!) Square, more touristy.  I think you can cable car to North Beach, too, I'm not sure what line that is.

BART will drop you along Market Street, the Powell Street exit will be best and then you need to walk up to Geary St where the Curran is.

I have to work on Thursday, though I'm thinking of ways to not so I can do a little tour guiding if necessary.  I'll keep you posted.  I know I won't be able to see the show that night as I have a sing through/dance through of "Hello, Dolly!" that I'm playing for.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2006, 02:19:49 PM »

Well I am off to fight the winds and rain and dark of night and the crazies on the LIE

laters!!

DR Vixmom, what is LIE??

Is it a freeway near where you live and or work?  
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2006, 02:23:24 PM »

DRs Ron Pulliam and Matthew - Thanks for the info.  I just started looking up schedules and stuff.  Looks like it will be very easy to get around while I'm there.

-And, of course, now that I'm checking things out, I REALLY wish I was there for more than just a couple of hours.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2006, 02:24:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure I'll be relying on the BART to get me to and from the Curran from the airport.  -But I need to see how late it runs, and/or early it opens.

I will be leaving Dulles at 7:00am(EST) and getting into SFO at 10:02am(PST).  I'm just gonna be traveling with my overnight case - change of clothes and toiletries - and my laptop.  Right now, I'm basically planning to "rough it" while I'm in San Fran.  In other words, no hotel.

I'll try to get some sight-seeing done.  Maybe pop into rehearsal - if they're having one.  Hang out with Brad and Andy, the conductor and his assistant.  Then see the show.  Then hang out after the show for a bit, then probably head back to SFO since I have to fly out at 6:05am.

You can check the BART schedules from SFO to Powell street at time of your arrival...and from Powell Street to SFO following the show by visiting:

http://www.bart.gov/index.asp

I don't think you'll get a BART following that night's performance.  The last subway that night departs the Powell Street Station at 11:35 p.m.   The trips to SFO from Powell don't kick in again until 5 a.m., but you wouldn't get to SFO until 5:35 a.m. or so.  Might be too late.  You might need a shuttle or a cab.

Looks like you plan on staying occupied while you are here.  I'm sure the music director will be very good company!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 02:28:22 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2006, 02:24:22 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - LIE = Long Island Expressway.

Which is usually "long", but sometimes not so "express".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »

DRs Ron Pulliam and Matthew - Thanks for the info.  I just started looking up schedules and stuff.  Looks like it will be very easy to get around while I'm there.

-And, of course, now that I'm checking things out, I REALLY wish I was there for more than just a couple of hours.

DR Jose

Have a lovely time in SF....

THe only places i have really traveled to are Vancouver, BC, SEattle, Boston, Winnepeg and the Twin Cities.... I have also been to Milwaukee for their large Irish / Celtic festival they have each summer... St. Paul, MN also has one on Harriet Island

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2006, 02:27:58 PM »

Disney meeting has been rescheduled to Wednesday, and I have until Friday to do the first draft of the little scripts.  I have two-and-a-half hours worth of tapes to watch - haven't decided whether I'll watch them all now or this evening, or half this evening and the rest in the morning, now that I have until Wednesday.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - LIE = Long Island Expressway.

Which is usually "long", but sometimes not so "express".  ;)

I suspect the express gets rather pokey!!  Guess we could  all engage in the hokey pokey while on the LIE!! :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

DRMATTH - you and I are probably in the minority in liking Mr Affleck in DAREDEVIL.

I don't read the graphic novels so I didn't have any idea how/what/why and I thought he looked great and had a GREAT cast surrounding him.  The story was okay.....

Ben and Matt have both done some work I like - and some I don't - but that's about the same for ANYBODY.  I also like some things just because they are in them.....together and individually.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2006, 02:28:26 PM »

You can check the BART schedules from SFO to Powell street at time of your arrival...and from Powell Street to SFO following the show by visiting:

http://www.bart.gov/index.asp

Looks like you plan on staying occupied while you are here.  I'm sure the music director will be very good company!!!

Yep... Lots of trains available to take me to Powell Street when I get in.  But since the trains from Powell to the SFO don't start running until 5:01am...  I was planning on napping in the airport as it was.  *And I'm still sort of surprised there were no late(r) red-eyes back to DC.

And as for hanging out with Brad... Yes, he's very good company.  ;)  -And, actually, Andy is good company too.  And Andy is also a bit closer to my age too.  -Andy was so "relieved" when he realized that he was not the "old man" of the keyboard crew.  -Brad is 28.  Ah, youth.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2006, 02:28:52 PM »

Disney meeting has been rescheduled to Wednesday, and I have until Friday to do the first draft of the little scripts.  I have two-and-a-half hours worth of tapes to watch - haven't decided whether I'll watch them all now or this evening, or half this evening and the rest in the morning, now that I have until Wednesday.

Good luck with the meeting and the scripts... I am sure they will be a smash...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »

Just remember to whistle while you work.  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2006, 02:29:42 PM »

DR MATTHEW - I love working on productions of HELLO, DOLLY!  I love the music and the show is so funny.....it's got Elegance!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2006, 02:37:38 PM »

DR MATTHEW - I love working on productions of HELLO, DOLLY!  I love the music and the show is so funny.....it's got Elegance!

Strangely enough(?), I have never worked on Hello, Dolly!, nor any other Jerry Herman show.

...But I have done every Sondheim show except for The Frogs, so...  That must count for sumthin'!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2006, 02:38:16 PM »

Well.. My friend, Andy, just called and wants to go to dinner, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2006, 02:42:12 PM »

I think you would like the HELLO DOLLY pit, DRJOSE.  The music can be glorious.....and MAME can, too.

How have you avoided these two warhorses?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2006, 02:42:33 PM »

Nevermind go to dinner.

I am going to watch some movies.

MBarnum

« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2006, 02:54:30 PM »

And I believe the real "Aventurera" is currently planning a visit to the US sometime this year.  It will be opening in San Francisco in March, and possibly makes it's way to LA.

Viva the nostalgia

JRand, we must get our tickets NOW!

Ginny

« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2006, 02:56:48 PM »

Monday evening greetings!  DH Richard and I have had a quiet day to decompress from our vacation.  Had my dental check-up this morning ("Look, Ma, no cavities!"), then we went to pick up our mail and to the grocery.  Then I took a long nap, much needed.  Soon it will be time to prepare dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2006, 02:57:11 PM »

I will be seeing Ring of Fire, the new Johnny Cash influenced musical, on Thursday, February 16th.

The producer's a good friend of our Dear Friend BK.

I'm back from the session, and DR JRand55, I thought of you throughout the song, "Blame it on my Absent-Minded Heart" from IT'S A GREAT FEELING with the great Doris Day.  I think Miss Kelli O'Hara did a wonderful interpretation, and I got to hear Sutton Foster record "There's Nothing Rougher than Love" and Jason Daniely and Marin Mazzie do an Academy Award medley.  A lovely afternoon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: January 23, 2006, 03:01:20 PM »

Just got a very sweet call from Miss Linda Purl.  She did her two performances of the presentation we put together, and apparently it went perfectly and the response was great.  Her concert booker was there (he was the one who put her in touch with me - who'd had the bad feedback from her last presentation), and he was thrilled with her set and could see exactly the direction I was taking her in.  So, that's that, and now it's on to finishing creating the rest of the show over the next four weeks.

MBarnum

« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2006, 03:02:25 PM »

I have never seen DAREDEVIL...but I have heard it was a fun movie...maybe it was here that I heard that.

Truth be told I have only seen two Ben Affleck/Matt Damon movies...SCHOOL TIES and CHASING AMY...I don't think I have seen any others. But they both seem like nice guys and certainly seem to be competent actors.

I would actually like to see that recent Ben A. movie where he becomes a single dad. It seemed heartwarming...and JLo is killed off in the first 10 minutes, so....it can't be too bad!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2006, 03:05:26 PM »

If he was from Long Island, where was Ishmael from?  ;D

The Bible.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »

And just how does one properly pronounce "Quogue"?

-And I still get mystified by "Worcester", and it's close relative, "Worcestershire".  ;)

DR Jose, don't you know the great Kern song "Bungalow in Quogue?" A lovely charm song, Quogue rhymes with log.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2006, 03:10:44 PM »

The producer's a good friend of our Dear Friend BK.

I'm always late with the news. But I was gone all day!

Tomovoz

« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2006, 03:14:42 PM »

DP Colin and I watched a DVD of sketches written by Victoria Wood.  Very funny lady - wonderful monolgues and the sketches written for Patricia Routledge and for Julie Walters are brilliant.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2006, 03:19:50 PM »

DP Colin and I watched a DVD of sketches written by Victoria Wood.  Very funny lady - wonderful monolgues and the sketches written for Patricia Routledge and for Julie Walters are brilliant.

I enjoy Patricia Routledge.. Love her in Keeping up Appearances

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2006, 03:23:13 PM »

Got your card today.  It reminds me of Chiquita Banana!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up