News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: WINDY  (Read 25041 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:WINDY
« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2006, 09:21:01 PM »

Snow geese flying:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2006, 09:21:18 PM »

We watched the snow geese fly in to roost for the night:

Nice, we get them in the spring...  I love to see these on a winter's night..

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2006, 09:22:16 PM »

Snow geese flying:

I actually like them better than the Canadian geese. They can get nasty.. Some of the Canadians stay around all year///
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2006, 09:22:19 PM »

Beautiful, DakotaCelt. Some day I'd like to see that.

MBarnum

« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2006, 09:22:41 PM »

Those cranes are wonderful Laura...they are quite fascinating to watch...the few times I have glimpsed them in real life.

Thanks for the link DakatoCelt. I will watch the clip tomorrow on my work computer...that one is much faster then the one I have at home.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2006, 09:24:06 PM »

Today we saw the very large array:

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »

Then we saw the cranes fly in at sunset:

I actually got to see a whooping crane last year.... Large bird yet delicate and graceful

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2006, 09:25:51 PM »

Beautiful, DakotaCelt. Some day I'd like to see that.

I even wrote a poem one time about the northern lights... They are amazing how they twist and twine across the sky in a silent symphony

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2006, 09:27:29 PM »

Today we saw the very large array:

I suspect they are for radio and telecommunication satellites

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2006, 09:35:08 PM »

I actually got to see a whooping crane last year.... Large bird yet delicate and graceful

A whooping crane would be an exciting sight, indeed! I have never seen one. I have it on my to-do list, though.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2006, 09:44:41 PM »

But is there any way South Beach chic would be acceptable attire for the synagogue porton of the bar mitzvah?  We're flying down in the morning, attending the services, then there's a luncheon at a country club, then the South Beach Chic party starts a few hours later, and we're flying back the same night.  I'm wondering if it's possible to convert synagogue clothes to South Beach Chic just by bringing along a change of sports coat.  Or does it really call for completely different everything?  

Wow!  An all day affair.  Did the invitation call for South Beach Chic for the whole day?  Or just for the reception?  Is there someone you could call?  Or even just check with the synagogue to see if they have a dress code?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2006, 09:48:32 PM »

Well... Tomorrow is going to be a busy one for me... Mainly because I basically did nothing today...  I'm even gonna get my bag packed for San Fran tomorrow since Wednesday will be occupied with two shows, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2006, 10:11:47 PM »

Then we went ahead and caught a movie, "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe".  A wonderful movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The opening moments brought back many fond memories of when I first read the book back in grade school.  I could even picture those line drawings from the books in my head as the story progressed.  And I was amazed at just how much of the book and the details I remembered - and how faithful the movie was to the book.  I really do hope they continue the series.   -In the meantime, I think I'm going to try to read the whole series.

And all the CGI didn't bother me in the least.  Very well done.  And the voice talent was fun too.

*Andy had never read the books, and wasn't familiar with the story at all...  He had a couple of good scares.  :)

What's great about these books being made into movies is that they're all fairly short...not a lot of detail to cut like in the Harry Potter movies or the Lord of the Rings movies.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2006, 10:17:10 PM »

Just lounging about in my lounging pyjamas, my smoking jacket, my leopard-spotted dickie and my bunny slippers.  I went in the jacuzzi earlier - first time in months - very nice indeed.  

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2006, 10:47:32 PM »

I also saw this:

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #315 on: January 23, 2006, 10:49:52 PM »

What great photos from DRLAURA with the toothy smile!

We have several cardinals who populate our bird feeder - it is our state bird!  The females are a lovely brown with bright beaks.

Congrats on the FILMFAX article & check, DRMBARNUM!!  I may have to pick that up!  Diana looked great tonight in HIGH SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL and had a couple of sharp lines, too.  But as in so many of her movies, she was hanging around with the wrong crowd.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #316 on: January 23, 2006, 10:50:55 PM »

MR BK sometimes putting a piece of tape over the NOTCH in the VCR so that the tape doesn't start automatically and then starting it manually works.

BUT as DRJOSE said....since you had an interruption of electricity, an unplug and replug may reset the mechanism.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #317 on: January 23, 2006, 10:51:37 PM »

DRJANE - email me your snail mail address so I can get your fantastic one of a kind 100% Girls CD in the mail to you!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2006, 10:52:05 PM »

I am so glad DRLAURA got her camera back!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2006, 10:52:45 PM »

DR DAKOTA CELT there are several SOUTH PACIFIC videos on EBAY right now for less than $5!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #320 on: January 23, 2006, 10:53:31 PM »

Time for to go to bed.

I just watched a Ken Clark spy movie!  Love those 60's spy movies filmed in exotic locations, and the blond Mr Clark is a GREAT hero!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #321 on: January 23, 2006, 10:54:14 PM »

Hi DRS George, Jason, and DakotaCelt! :)

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #322 on: January 23, 2006, 10:55:19 PM »

I am so glad DRLAURA got her camera back!

Thanks, JRand.   :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 10:55:50 PM by DearReaderLaura »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #323 on: January 23, 2006, 11:00:47 PM »

I would say it's going to be impossible to unplug it - there's just too many cords back there and I can't see which is which.  The fellow who did it should have really labelled everything clearly, just for this sort of situation.  I may try again in the morning.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #324 on: January 23, 2006, 11:02:01 PM »

Hi JRand!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #325 on: January 23, 2006, 11:46:29 PM »

I also saw this:

Lovely.... a few summers ago i was at my freinds lake cottage in Minnesota and we canoed to a primitive part of the lake and got to see bald eagles nesting. They are beautiful and majestic.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #326 on: January 23, 2006, 11:48:14 PM »

DR DAKOTA CELT there are several SOUTH PACIFIC videos on EBAY right now for less than $5!!

Godo evening JRand...

I am on my way over to see ...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up