News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WINDY  (Read 26033 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WINDY
« on: January 23, 2006, 12:12:55 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were windy, windy were the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently mooin' in the wind.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 12:20:36 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WINDY
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:14:08 AM »

And the word of the day is: UNDULATE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 12:16:12 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 12:19:14 AM »

Ummm... It's not Dino... He called in sick... It's me... Jose.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 12:20:47 AM »

As I was saying... ;-)

DR Jane - I've been very good about stretching before and after my exercises.  However, I think I may have "over-stretched" after my long run the other day.  The heat pack/wrap did wonders for me today, and I'm hoping that a good night's sleep will take the rest of the "twinge" away.

However, I do have to say that it's been very nice being able to touch my toes without having to bend my knees as much as I used to.  Ah, flexibility.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 12:26:26 AM »

And as for Charm Songs... Well... That term has always "wondered me" - a sort of Plain & Fancy reference...  I shall have to wait for other DRs to post their favorites, and then I shall proceed from there.

But if I had to hazard a "guess", I'd say...

"Try Me" from She Loves Me

*I also love playing this one at auditions.  Those parallel sixths in the intro and outro... And I can "play" those fourths at the end of the verse as a double-note gliss.  -It always sounds very impressive.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 12:28:25 AM »

DR JMK - As for AOL vs. MSN... What exactly do you need to know?  I basically just use AOL for e-mail, so...  I do know that MSN can be integrated with Outlook and other Microsoft E-mail clients, and if you need help with that, well... I can't help you there.  ;)

However, I do believe that MSN does have a "Were you on AOL?" Help/Tutorial available.  Just try a couple of Help searches.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 12:32:13 AM »

Ummm... It's not Dino... He called in sick... It's me... Jose.

;D

Jose, can you play a bit louder... You are getting lost in the wind!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 12:38:16 AM »

Jose, can you play a bit louder... You are getting lost in the wind!

I'm pounding as hard as I can!!

-And, now, Ladies and Gentlemen.... DRs elmoore and TCB... Take it away, boys!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 12:40:13 AM »

DR Danise - Good to see you posting again.  We all get busy from time to time.  -And it's good to know you're taking care of yourself.

*And about your "body part" list... ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 12:43:53 AM »

Well... I believe I'm actually sleepy now...  So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 12:49:20 AM »

Goodnight, Jose. 8)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 12:51:29 AM »

"Charming Billy"  by Johnny Preston (1960)
"Charms" - Bobby Vee (1963)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 12:54:56 AM »

I was very busy yesterday.  I have the two live Bernadette Peters "Sondheim Etc." CDs (I know certain people here on HHW won't give a flying fig about this ;)).  Anyway, there was an article on Playbill.com at the time of the concert (that's still there) that listed all the songs and the correct order.  I put all of the songs together in order (for the most part...I simplified one segment) and made one whole 2-CD concert recording!  I even got a slightly different picture for the cover.  It turned out great, if I do say so myself...and I do. ;D

The time consuming and difficult part was not just rearranging the order of the songs.  No, there was applause to deal with!  I needed it all to flow from track to track like the songs really did follow each other, even though they came from two different CDs.  I burned each act onto a CD-RW so that I can preview it before I burn the whole concert onto CD-Rs.  

I've been thinking about doing this ever since I got the second CD, but yesterday I just said to myself, "Self, do this now."  So I did.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 12:58:11 AM »

And on that note (D-flat), I'm going to bed.  Goodnight, all!

Jed

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 01:19:06 AM »

...Ladies and Gentlemen.... DRs elmoore and TCB...

Elmore and TCB... stretching the definition for either "ladies" OR "gentlemen," aren't we, Jose?  ;)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 02:35:56 AM »

So sad to be all alone in the world.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 04:28:29 AM »

Good morning, all!  Two trips today, the first to Toyland and the second to Avatar Studios where "Jule Styne in Hollywood" has a session with me and  Ms Kelli O'Hara.  Then I can come back here and work on my dance medley.

DR FJL, since I usually dress as if I'm returning to my coal barge, I have no conception, nor interest, of what "South Beach chic" could be.  I was thinking "South Beach Freak" could be the title of a work on Andrew Cunanan.

TOD:  
  Alltime fave:  Wouldn't it be Loverly?

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 05:25:22 AM »

Not quite sure what the TOD means, but

How Lucky (charm) Can You Get?
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 05:37:36 AM »

Good Morning all.

Ginny, I'm glad you had a good time in New York. I'm sad we couldn't get together at least one more time before you left. But I look forward to some time in October.

Dakota Celt, I think you mentioned over the weekend going to Judy Garland's birthplace in Little Falls, MN. Not to nitpick but it's not Little Falls, it's Grand Rapids (OK I did nitpick but I hope I did it nicely  :)) I grew up in Minnesota and my honey, Anthony, is a Judy fan. In 1997 we went to the Annual Judy Garland Festival in Grand Rapids and saw the house where she lived. We met Lorna and Joey and Sid at a public gathering. It was all a little bit wierd but fun.

Ben

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 05:42:09 AM »

A few more pictures from Dublin/Cardiff are in order.

Here I am outside of the Cardiff Winter Wonderland Festival. We didn't go to the actual event because Anthony is not a fan of cold weather and it was all outside. I went to the Saint Paul Winter Carnival for many years (it will begin this very Friday, the same days as a certain former poster's birthday).

Anyway, I digress. I'm used to these kinds of cold weather events but Mr. Brooklyn/Long Island (AKA Anthony) decided we should find dinner instead, so we did and had just as nice a time.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 05:44:12 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 05:44:55 AM »

Here I stand in the lobby of the hotel after dinner. A very nice lobby it was, too.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 05:46:04 AM »

Here is a little souvenir of our trip to Cardiff. He is at my desk as I type and his name is, oddly enough, Cardiff.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 05:47:14 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 05:48:11 AM »

And finally, for today anyway. I'm playing Castle Keep for real.

This is all that remains of the original castle in Cardiff. It was used as a prison and it's called The Keep.

Ben

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 05:48:41 AM »

More tomorrow.

Just trying to do my part to get us to Page 2 before 10am.

Ben

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 05:49:10 AM »

But I'm here all alone. We need posts!!!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 06:00:51 AM »

What qualifies as a "charm" song?  Jack Cassidy has always had a smarmy kind of charm in a lot of his shows.  I enjoy his number "Ilona" from SHE LOVES ME and "You're the Woman For the Man Who has Everything" in SUPERMAN.

I received my flyer for the Ray Courts, BK, and was hit by a pang of disappointment that I will not be going with you and Mr. Redman.

Ben

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 06:13:06 AM »

We have no new radio show. Is Donald away? I do listen to the show. I really, really do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2006, 06:20:04 AM »

I'm like Jose; I need a definition for what a "charm song" is.

I've a hunch it has nothing to do with subatomic physics and quarks and all that.  I mean, I can understand someone writing a song about a charmed quark, but then that someone would have to write an opposite number about a strange quark.  And I don't even want to get into top quarks, bottom quarks, up quarks or down quarks.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 06:21:16 AM »

(in my very best Sally Durant Plummer voice)

Hi, Ben!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up