Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: PULLING A FAST ONE  (Read 29367 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:PULLING A FAST ONE
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2006, 04:12:27 PM »

Mick Jagger in non-HD tv is scary enough! LOL!

ITA and so is Keith Richards.... They were even on Days... Now that was a riot....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2006, 04:19:38 PM »

DR Vixmom - you are a wise and articulate woman!  I especially like the parts about each partner having activities independent of the other and about sometimes doing things together that are more of interest to one partner or the other.

Cokie and Steve Roberts wrote a book about their long-term relationship titled From This Day Forward.  One thing I remember is Steve saying that relationship success is measured by the number of teeth marks in your tongue.

I agree Ginny, Vixmom is an articulate person...

Cokie and Steve spoken true words in a relationship. IT can also be applied to friendships. Sometimes it is better to bite your tongue and lash out in anger in a spur of the moment type thing.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2006, 04:24:09 PM »

I think its funny that they had to edit out words on the Super Bowl in 2005 for a song that was played on the radio unedited 25 years ago.

I find that hilarious also... I also find it interesting what words could and couldnot be used on the soaps and other shows over the years. Yet the news and documentaries use them all the time...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2006, 04:26:35 PM »

Its better than the riled chicken sandwich, that one gives you heartburn

Hopefully the riled chickent did nto have its feathers yet....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2006, 04:30:51 PM »

As our esteemed bk is preparing for his college teaching endeavor, I have spent today going through files and getting rid of my past life as a college instructor (my "free-lance" work while a mostly stay-at-home mom in the 1980's and 1990's).  Most of the files and papers are being pitched, but I've had to sort carefully and shred anything that has former students' Social Security numbers.

Before pitching a 1993 article about the then-new president of Miami University, I thought I'd share his definition of an educated person:  A person who can entertain an idea; a person who can entertain a friend; a person who can entertain oneself.

I am also remembering how much I hated teaching College Study Skills.

Circulation staff at the library I work often get hooked into helping with the college study skills class. It amazes me sometimes the lack of research skills, even the basic ones, that kids come to school with.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2006, 04:33:11 PM »

I wish somebody around here would do a good production of HMS PINAFORE....that show makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

Ring the merry bells aboard ship
Rend the air with warbling wild....

One of hte high schools in Grand Forks, ND did a fine production of that a few years back. It was part of a masters of fine arts project a grad student was doing. I had to marvel at the leads for they had some challenging lines.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2006, 04:34:46 PM »

Too many previews.  Whoever does the NBC previews is a twit and always gives too much away.

DR elmore, you read my mind!! I have often thought the same thing...

Jason

« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2006, 04:41:44 PM »

Wow...I just read that THE PRODUCERS was at 53% capacity this week while THE WOMAN IN WHITE was at 57%! This does not bode well for Mr. Brooks' titanic musical... I mean, WOMAN IN WHITE is closing on the 19th...

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2006, 04:50:35 PM »

I know we did lines from plays/musicals the other day, but I have a line that's bugging me.

The director of "Hello, Dolly" changed a few lines in the script and he changed a really funny line.  It's in the hat shop, it's the dialogue between Dolly and Irene about Cornelious and Baranaby taking Irene and Minnie to dinner.  

Dolly:  That's how it's done in the law, Irene dinner first <insert correct word here> later.

The director used the word, DUNGEONS, but I know that's not right.  Does anyone know what it is?

Jason

« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2006, 04:53:51 PM »

A few pictures from my trip to Boston and the New England Aquarium...

Jason

« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »

Another...

Jason

« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »

A pretty jellyfish...

Jason

« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2006, 04:55:30 PM »

Can you find the seahorses?

Jason

« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2006, 04:56:10 PM »

And finally, I may not be a star yet, but I can certainly hold one in my hand!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2006, 05:06:25 PM »

The telephone man says that I have dirty wires.

That sounds like a line from a 60s TV commercial.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2006, 05:13:28 PM »

Both spots are now cut and feeling very good to me.  We're going to come back for a half-day on Wednesday, just to make sure we're happy with everything, and then we'll walk it over to the people that need to see it, a day-and-a-half ahead of schedule.

Danise

« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2006, 05:13:41 PM »

Evening folks!

I don't have much to say but wanted to pop by and say "Hello".  

:)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2006, 05:14:29 PM »

A pretty jellyfish...

BEautiful picture DRJason, you have a great eye...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2006, 05:15:21 PM »

Can you find the seahorses?

I see several of them... Did you know that is the maile seahorse that carries the young and not the female?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2006, 05:16:32 PM »

So, I'll wrap up here, kill an hour, then meet my pal Barbara Deutsch for dinner.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2006, 05:16:45 PM »

Both spots are now cut and feeling very good to me.  We're going to come back for a half-day on Wednesday, just to make sure we're happy with everything, and then we'll walk it over to the people that need to see it, a day-and-a-half ahead of schedule.

Sounds like a good plan.. I hope it goes well!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2006, 05:19:07 PM »

So, I'll wrap up here, kill an hour, then meet my pal Barbara Deutsch for dinner.

Have a lovely dinner with Barbara Deutsch.....

BTW, I can hear that hour screaming foul all the way up here in Dakota....

Jason

« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2006, 05:19:53 PM »

BEautiful picture DRJason, you have a great eye...

Thank you. I think that one was an accident. ;D

Danise

« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2006, 05:24:21 PM »

I found something interesting called "Warm Delights" by Betty Crocker.  It's small (very small) cakes, brownies and cookies that you can make in your microwave.

They cost $1.99 and I don't think they are really worth that price but they are pretty good.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2006, 05:26:29 PM »

HHW'ers who KNOW, what is the BEST PINAFORE cd available?   ;D

DR JRand55, I have several recordings; for musical values, I always liked many of the Malcolm Sargent-EMI/Angel recordings with the Glyndebourne Opera Chorus, especially the PINAFORE, TRIAL BY JURY, RUDDIGORE and PIRATES OF PENZANCE because the singers, mostly from Covent Garden and the English National Opera sing the hell out of them, often much better than the D'Oyly Carte Company, and PINAFORE and PIRATES are the two major opera parodies, especially PIRATES in its parody of Verdi opera.  I find this series falls down on the more comic ones like GONDOLIERS and MIKADO.  If you prefer complete with dialogue, the old 1960s stereo recordings from D'Oyly Carte are quite satisfactory and may be budget priced now.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 05:33:26 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: February 06, 2006, 05:29:03 PM »

Chin up DR Jason,

Always keep in mind that no matter what you have felt all through your life, you are a good person. Once you have convinced yourself of that you will find that it don't matter what issues your family has about your life. You are the one that has to live with yourself, and there is nothing wrong with who you are...I know that you know that (even if that knowledge is hidden way down inside of yourself)...and it doesn't hurt to remind yourself of that now and then, especially when others try to convince you otherwise through words or actions.

Whatever problems your family may have with your homosexuality will fade over time....and in the rare case that it does not...then remember that it is their problem...don't make it your problem. Just continue on being a good, valuable part of society and live happily! That is what you deserve.

Also remember that what you have been raised to believe about homosexuality is also what your family was raised to believe...so that might make it a bit easier for you to understand where they are coming from...if they choose not to educate themselves about the reality of it, there there is nothing you can do about it. Your relationship with them in that event may not be ideal...so you will just have to adjust your expectations.

Focus on you, not on them.

There is your 2 cents worth...which maybe is only worth that, who knows.

Mikey, that was at least a quarter!  Good for you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2006, 05:31:51 PM »

Nice pictures, DR Jason!  Have  you ever seen a weedy (spelling?) seahorse?  I have some pictures, somewhere........
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #237 on: February 06, 2006, 05:38:12 PM »

Yes, 25 cents at least...I am not cheap ya know!

MBarnum

« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2006, 05:38:52 PM »

I love seahorses! One of my favorite aquatic critters to watch!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2006, 05:46:11 PM »

Yes, 25 cents at least...I am not cheap ya know!

Oh, I know!  Believe me.

By the way, DR Janes says there's room for only one Gidget on HHW and it's she.  I guess we're back to Sandra Dee.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up