Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: PULLING A FAST ONE  (Read 28304 times)

FJL

Re:PULLING A FAST ONE
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2006, 08:41:47 PM »

I remember when Judith Daykin used to do the Encores dress rehearsal introductory speech, she did a sort-of "human Playbill," reading aloud the cast list and the settings for the two acts before the show started.  When Jack Viertel started to do the dress rehearsal introduction, they started the practice of passing out the little four-pager.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2006, 08:43:58 PM »

Someone should SING the entire cast. Like Nilsson sings the credits for SKIDDOO.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2006, 08:44:41 PM »

Some disappointing news for me. The fella is coming down with the flu, and it looks as though our Friday encounter is going to be postponed until next week. From the sound of his voice on the phone, I can't imagine that he'd feel well enough to even go to work, much less come here afterwards.

With age has come patience. Hope it's just a mild case of the flu or maybe just a cold if he's lucky.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2006, 08:44:48 PM »

Here's one for you, BK. The soundtrack to Wertmuller's SWEPT AWAY... by Piero Piccioni.

http://flickhead.blogspot.com/2006/02/piero-piccioni.html

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2006, 08:45:32 PM »

Well, we're over 300 posts for the day, so I'm going to head for bed.

Good evening, everyone!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2006, 08:46:58 PM »

So, what did everyone eat for dinner?

My customary lunchbox special: Turkey sandwich, banana and an added treat of two clementines....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jason

« Reply #306 on: February 06, 2006, 08:47:11 PM »

DR Jose: Thank you. :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2006, 08:48:05 PM »

My goodness, we made it to three hundred in record time and there's still three hours left to go.  I had a bacon cheeseburger and a salad with ranch dressing.  I'm wearing black jeans and a light brown striped shirt.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2006, 08:48:26 PM »

And what is everyone wearing (we haven't had a clothing call in ages)?

Tan pants, hiking boots ( a requirement for walking on icy surfaces) pink and green sweater
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #309 on: February 06, 2006, 08:49:37 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... After walking around Westminster-Canterbury for about 25 minutes looking for the rehearsal room, I realized that I was in the wrong nursing home/assisted living complex.  Oops!  Thankfully, after placing a call to a friend of mine, I was steered to the correct nursing home/assisted living complex, Imperial Plaza.

-If anything, it was nice to laugh at myself for a bit.  DOH!

So, I just sat and listened to the last half of their rehearsal, then after they were done, spent some time saying Hello to various and sundried people.  Then Steve and I headed over to Joe's Inn for some dinner and catch-up time.  He's doing well.  His family is doing well.  I'm doing well.  My family is doing well.

*And he'll be my guest for Opening Night of Lestat.

:)

Break a leg on the show DR Jose

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2006, 08:50:22 PM »

DR DakotaCelt: My avatar comes from a production of MY FAIR LADY that I did in graduate school. :)

One of my favorite musicals!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2006, 08:52:08 PM »

And now for some pics....

Here I am with DR Ben's buddy, Christopher Bloch:

DR JOse, your avvie does not do you justice!

Great pictures
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 08:55:11 PM by DakotaCelt »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2006, 09:01:56 PM »

I've downloaded Swept Away - haven't heard it since I had it on vinyl - very nice Piccioni score - always been a big Piero Piccioni fan.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2006, 09:09:10 PM »

I'm still catching up!

DearReader Laura used the word that is so important:

"SPACE".

Of course, he has his mistress, so that keeps him happy.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

Something Mexican smothered in fresh spinach, mixed vegies.

Black, teal, brown, tan, blue striped cotton Merona pajamas (from Target!) and a maroon thick cotton bathrobe, tan socks, slippers....and I am still freezing!

Tomovoz

« Reply #315 on: February 06, 2006, 09:14:15 PM »

I'm all for that DearReader Laura! Space for everything .  LOL.

Space to have interests.
Space to grow.
Space to make mistakes
Space to have as "your own space"

And Love and laughter to share.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #316 on: February 06, 2006, 09:41:55 PM »

If you like Piccioni, make sure and also download the CAMILLE 2000 soundtrack:

http://lellebelle.blogspot.com/2006/01/piero-piccioni-camille-2000-ost.html

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #317 on: February 06, 2006, 09:50:28 PM »

AFter all of talk of food, I am now very hungry!!

I get off in 10 minutes, go out and sit in my lovely cold car and drive to the apartment.....

Wonder what I will have for a snack

MBarnum

« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »

Jean Byron, who played the mom on THE PATTY DUKE SHOW died today in Mobile, Alabama.

She also starred in Jungle Moon Men, The Magnetic Monster and Voodoo Tiger and guest starred on numerous TV shows in the 50s and 60s.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 09:57:53 PM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #319 on: February 06, 2006, 11:33:57 PM »

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but no posts in over ninety minutes???

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2006, 11:55:19 PM »

So, what did everyone eat for dinner?

Actually, I haven't had an actual "dinner."  When I got home (at about 7:45), I unwrapped a piece of cheescake and poured some chocolate syrups over it.  Dark, milk, white and (non-chocolate) caramel.  The dark chocolate syrup is the one that I didn't care for.  The other three are all pretty good.  I got them in a four-pack (they are 23 ounces each) for only $5.99, down from $7.99.  A good deal, if I do say so myself. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2006, 11:57:07 PM »

And what is everyone wearing (we haven't had a clothing call in ages)?

Big yellow shirt with three buttons and no collar, blue jeans and new Nautica white boxer briefs. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2006, 12:05:00 AM »

I've only had one serious relationship, but it was long-distance. :P I placed an ad on-line and it panned out!  He lives in Seattle and works for Amtrak.  He's a porter on the six-day Seattle-to-Chicago round-trip run, so he's gone for six days, then in town for only five days, then gone for six days again and in town for five days.  But since we didn't live in the same town, finding time for me to drive all the way up to Seattle (from Olympia because he doesn't have a car) and finding parking (rarely free) was not conducive to a budding relationship.  We did last about three and a half years, but even though we got real close (and still are...we're very compatible), the distance got in the way. :-\ (no pun intended)

So, if anyone knows anyone.... ;)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 12:11:05 AM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up