Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PERPETUAL YAWN  (Read 13409 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE PERPETUAL YAWN
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2005, 06:09:48 PM »

Ginny thanks for the great pictures.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2005, 06:15:13 PM »

Ginny, those are nice pictures! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2005, 06:22:55 PM »

More great pictures. Thanks DRGINNY.

Good vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ for Anthony.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2005, 06:23:35 PM »

She's by herself, but she don't know it.  That man gave me ten cents from Natchez to Jacksonville.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2005, 06:47:33 PM »

I'm on my way to Mr. Donald Feltham's abode to do our Writer's Block radio show.  I'll read a bit, we'll play the CD, but mostly, as we always do, we will dish, oh, yes, we will dish.  We may even talk about the new book, so you won't want to miss it.

Michael

« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2005, 07:49:04 PM »

Well Arnold Brockman and I attended the same show tonight. A wonderful singer with a terrific voice named Phillip Myers. A southern Baptist boy from Tennessee. His wide ranging material from Gospel to Broadway to American Traditional was varied and kept the show entertaining.  He has opened for Ray Charles, Elton John and Celine Dione among others and his show was very slick and well oiled. This being a cabaret series I felt that it did not have a cabaret mentality, but more of the Vegas feel. Although there is nothing wrong with the Vegas approach I like the more informality and spontanity of the cabaret style. I do recommend him to anyone who enjoys a evening worth of entertainment of electic songs.
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2005, 08:08:50 PM »

Mysterians Page Four Dance.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

The Mysterians is Japan's greatest scifi achievement!  Loved that movie.

Klaatu barada nikto

DRJane's spouse

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2005, 08:14:44 PM »

Then DRJANE you must get the DVD as recommended by MR BK week before last.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2005, 08:15:33 PM »

"Please allow us to marry your women." The subtext being - "Or we will kill you dead with Hydrogen bombs and giant robots."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2005, 08:31:54 PM »

Last week, I got an email from a hometown monthly publication in my hometown of Fort Thomas, Kentucky, and they want to do an in-depth profile on me.  The interviewer had a really interesting set of questions, had done his homework on the internet and I think some other places...I sent ten pages of answers to his questions.   Quite fun!

And how do we get copies of this publication?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2005, 08:32:07 PM »

Der B and I have done a lot of driving today, taking care of an emergency that hopefully will not have been an emergency.  More when we have more information sometime tomorrow.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2005, 08:38:09 PM »

Der B and I have done a lot of driving today, taking care of an emergency that hopefully will not have been an emergency.  More when we have more information sometime tomorrow.   :P

Well that was cryptic but I send you

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~Anti Emergency Vibes~~~~[/move]

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2005, 08:41:54 PM »

I'm on my way to Mr. Donald Feltham's abode to do our Writer's Block radio show.  I'll read a bit, we'll play the CD, but mostly, as we always do, we will dish, oh, yes, we will dish.  We may even talk about the new book, so you won't want to miss it.

Okay I have asked this question before and ,darn it all, this time I want an answer, even if it is "No"

Is there ANY way I can hear the radio show without a computer?!  My home pc is too slow, my work pc has no speakers .

Are there tapes or cd's that can be ordered from somewhere.perhaps from Mr. Feldman himself?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

vixmom

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2005, 08:43:45 PM »

OK 11:30  at night . busy day yesterday, busy day today, busy day tomorrow,

night night

love Vixmom

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2005, 09:08:19 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm camped out again in my corner of Cafe Jou Jou on 168th.  I just downloaded some major updates for some of my computer programs.

BK - Did you Mac guy set up your computer to automatically download the system updates?  A new security patch has recently been released.

So far, I've had a cup of very good coffee, and a semi-good slice of a Chunky Banana Loaf with Chocolate Glaze.  It would have been a "full-good" if I had had it when earlier in the day, when it was fresher.  But still good nonetheless - especially for a second dessert of the evening.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2005, 09:21:42 PM »

Well, there was yet one more mini-H/K dinner earlier tonight.  I made it to Artie's on time, and supped with DRs elmore, Danise and Rodzinski.

As much as we tried to get DR Danise to order some true NY Deli food, she - and DR Rodzinksi - ended up ordering the "Southern Fried Chicken" plate.  However, DR Danise, did order some egg barley for her side dish, and she proclaimed the NY-style Southern Fried Chicken very good.  DR Rodzinksi had to send one piece of chicken back for some further cooking since it was a bit cold on the inside.  But, when the replacement piece of chicken was deilivered, he did get a fresh supply of french fries and mashed potatoes.

DR elmore had the stuffed cabbage appetizer, matzoh ball soup, and the potato cupcakes.  I also had the stuffed cabbage appetizer, as well as something called a "knishpuppy", which is an Artie's creation.  It's a hot dog baked in a potato knish.  Of course, it came with a side of french fries.  Let's just say the American Potato Council could have been a sponsor of our meal tonight.  ;)

-And, all in all, a very tasty meal.  Then for dessert, DR Danise had a Black & White Cookie; DR emlore the rice pudding (which I will have to come back for someday - the 'knife-full' I had tonight was quite yummy); DR Rodzinksi had the Blueberry Cheesecake with whipped cream (we told him that the whipped cream would make you very happy, BK); and I had a raspberry hamantaschen.  Again, all quite good.

And that's the food report for tonight.  :)

We had a great time talking about the weekend and other various and sundried topics.  Once DR Danise gets back home - and gets a chance to rest and recover from this trip - I'm sure she'll post all the wonderful detail - and pictures(!) - from her trip this time.  She really did have a good time, and it was great finally getting to meet her.  And she really learned a good chunk of the Isle of Manhattan over the past few days.  Next time, I'm sure she'll be helping out people on the subways who are standing with maps in hand and quizzical looks on their faces.

I hope you/she found the bakery she had spotted earlier in the day - she wanted to stock up on some goodies to take back with here on the plane.  And safe travels too!  Hopefully, by tomorrow night, she'll be posting again from home.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2005, 09:22:31 PM »

And we did manage to snag our waiter to take a pic or two of us, and I'm sure DR Danise will post those as soon as she can.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2005, 09:23:33 PM »

I'd post about DR elmore's contributions to tonight's kibbutzing, but since I'm afraid of him....

;)

Love ya', dahling!

:-*

If it works out sometime down the line, I still would love to join you on one of your musical excavations.  And another dinner ot two at Artie's!  Rice pudding on me!

-Hmm... That's TCB ammunition!

:D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 09:25:22 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2005, 09:31:37 PM »

After dinner, DR Rodzinski and I hopped onto the 1, and headed back up to Siberia.  After walking through a very cool tunnel - pictures were taken (which I will post once they get developed and scanned) - we walked up a few blocks, then up a set of stairs(!), and made our way to a very cozy bar.  I believe it was called The Monkey Bar.

Again, more sparkling conversation.  And we also commented on the video screen which only showed the artist and label information of the song playing at the time - no video - and it was a pretty nice flat screen TV.  Of course, the only time "video" was shown, was when commercials came on - including one for that very scary "remake" of "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner"?  -And one for those Cadbury Cream Eggs.  Cute bunnies.

After finishing our adult beverages, we headed back out.  Ever the gentleman, DR Rodzinksi walked me to the corner.  ;)  -Then he headed his way, and I headed mine - after I finally realized which was which.  It took me a few minutes to get my bearings, but I made it back to the apartment in no time, and now I'm here at Jou Jou a-posting away...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2005, 09:33:04 PM »

By the way, DR Rodzinski's gal's name is Antonia.

Nameless no more!

(...As Jose hopes and hopes that Antonio is her name...)  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2005, 09:42:33 PM »

Are we having a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

Vixmom, I shall ask Donald about doing some CDs of our most popular shows.

Antonia - excellent, because, being senile, I couldn't recall the name.  I instantly liked Antonia.  I think she was a bit confounded by my Three Stooges reference, but she seems really bright and like a fun person - AND she sings.

I'm taking a Jacuzzi as soon as it warms up.

The radio show, which will air starting on Sunday, is really fun.  I read a brief excerpt from the book, we played all the songs from the book, plus a bunch of other songs from musicals which were playing in 1969, the year the book is set in. I even talked a tiny bit about the new book - no worries, though - I didn't give anything away and I didn't reveal its title.  Those details will be coming soon.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2005, 09:43:02 PM »

vixmom, I'm not sure how you'd get copies, but I suspect there'll be little in the interview that is not already in my unseemly interview on this site here.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 11:13:25 PM by Charles Pogue »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2005, 09:44:40 PM »

For tomorrow's culinary adventure, I have decided to finally make it down to the Donut Plant on the Lower East Side.  It will require a trip on the F Train down to Delancey, and then a bus or more likely a few blocks walk to Grand Street.  -I figure with the walk, I can allow myself two - or three - donuts!

The place opens at 7:00AM and closes when they sell out of donuts for the day.

OH!!  I just found their newish website:

http://www.donutplant.com

So, hopefully, between 9:30-10:00am, I will be standing in front of this:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 09:45:41 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2005, 09:52:13 PM »

I wonder if vixmom has explored the actual wonders of this site - our Unseemly Interviews (some of the best on the net), our Unseemly Photo Gallery, and lots more.  If not, check it out, and that goes for Rodzinski, too.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »

Can you see the size of those donuts!!!

C'est formidable!

They sell them at various places throughout the city (Dean & DeLuca, Balducci's, etc.), but the ones sold at the "plant" are usually still warm!!

And here's a sample listing of their seasonal - and all natural - flavors:

Vanilla-Bean
Valrhona-Chocolate
Chocolate-Mocha
Orange
Apple-Cinnamon
Pecan
Blueberry
Apricot
Pistachio
Ginger
Poppy Seed
Malted-Milk
Blueberry
Pumpkin
Lime
Strawberry
Toasted-Almond
Raspberry
Rosewater (with fresh rose petals)
Walnuts
Powdered Maple Sugar
Banana with Pecan
Cherry
Coconut
Yankee Donut with blueberry pin stripes

I'm hoping they have the Malted Milk, Pistachio and Orange varieties in tomorrow. :)  But the Valrhona Chocolate ones are amazing too!  And the Coconut.  And the Ginger.  And the Rosewater.  And sometimes they even have Gold-Leafed Ones!

Hmm... Maybe I'll just walk up the East Side tomorrow.  Donuts in hand.  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2005, 09:56:55 PM »

Well, let's see. I finally got around to watching the second disc of EASTER PARADE, and imagine my astonishment that "Mister Monotony" had been anamorphically enhanced! Dn't know why, but I was certainly impressed with the clean-up that had been done on this. Compared to the cut number on the EASTER PARADE and THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT III laserdiscs (different cuts), it looked fabulous. And, of course, the DVD gives us 20 minutes worth of takes done in both medium shot and long shot. Still can't believe it was presented in anamorphic "pillarbox" motif.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2005, 09:58:10 PM »

OK - The clock is striking One, and I have to be up sort of early-ish tomorrow to fulfill my Donut Plant Donut fix...

I'll be back in a bit once I'm back at the apartment...  -Hmm... those Chocolate Chip cookies look really good in the case behind me....
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2005, 09:58:47 PM »

As for BRIGADOON, obvious care was taken on the remastering for DVD so that the color would not be overly muddy or presented with too much blooming (as the laserdisc and first DVD were). However, I have to say I think I prefer the sound mix on the last DVD to this one. This one seemed a bit less directional and more front heavy. Still, it looked beautiful.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2005, 10:20:13 PM »

Had a busy night assembling a desk for the Secretary here. It will be quite  suprise for her when she comes in on Wednesday! It took five of us 3 hours to move everything (no easy task) and then subsequently assemble the new desk for her. This one I must say is much nicer and makes the dining room of the house feel much less crowded. After having had to move everything, we are going to suggest that she downsize the number of doodads she has on her desk. (Old paperwork, etc.)

Well I am off too bed as I have an 8 AM class. I am sure the devil must have dreamt up something that early. Goodnight!
There is no music without silence, only noise...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2005, 10:47:22 PM »

Good Evening! Good Morning!

Back at the apartment...

Yes, it definitely does feel like winter outside again.  But since today is/was the first day of Spring...

:)

I'm still deciding whether or not to see a show tomorrow night.  I have three options, and I'm not really keen on any of them.  -And I'm just not in a show-seeing mode/mood right now.  However, what I may end up doing is getting a Family Circle or Standing Room ticket for whatever is at the Metropolitan Opera tomorrow night.   It's been ages since I've been in there - and seen an opera - so...  Or I might end up at a movie.

Or I could still be eating my way up the East Side of Manhattan.  ;)

How many donuts does it take to make it up the East Side?

OH!  And if I am on the East Side, I guess I could also drop off a Birthday Card at Mr. Stephen Joshua Sondheim's brownstone.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Sondheim!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up