Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PERPETUAL YAWN  (Read 13481 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE PERPETUAL YAWN
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2005, 01:11:06 PM »

Oh, brother, it hasn't been my day. I've been so busy I haven't had a moment to turn on the TV and watch BRIGADOON. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. There are a lot of new TV episodes of various shows tonight including '24' and MEDIUM.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2005, 01:13:08 PM »

Yes, worry to read about Bobby Short, but he certainly brought a lot of pleasure to a lot of people for many, many years. Not a bad legacy.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2005, 01:24:13 PM »

I actually took the time to look up that thread that BK was talking about in the notes.   ::)

All I can say is, is that the worst they could come up with to say about our esteemed BK?

Der Brucer and I could come up with better stuff without blinking an eye!  And we aren't in his close circle of intimates!!!  (But we are rarely that unseemly.)

I don't know when I've been so disappointed.  I was expecting some real dish, and all they had was an unwashed thimble.  

*Bleh*
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2005, 01:51:54 PM »

Well, they'd have to actually have a working brain to come up with better.  And what dish could they serve?  The best they can do is hurl the same old thing or to criticize that which they haven't even bothered to more than glance at.  "No wonder blank blank fired him."  Well, I hate to tell ya, but blank blank made a slight error in judgment, or so it would seem given their current status.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2005, 01:58:08 PM »

There seems to be a bit of activity at said message board.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2005, 02:01:06 PM »

Acolyte Room at the church I'm Music Director for.  It's intimate, has a nice upright piano and would be perfectly perfect for a small gathering.  If the gathering gets large, we could just spill out into the sanctuary.

Just don't let bk call out:

Hammering has begun.  O Joy!  O Rapture!
[/b]

(at least not so close to Good Friday)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2005, 02:11:03 PM »

There were five "renegade" Republicans who voted against the Congressional Terry Schaivo steam-roller. I am pleased to say that our Representive, Mike Castle, was one of them!

der Brucer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2005, 02:14:35 PM »

Well, they'd have to actually have a working brain to come up with better.  And what dish could they serve?  The best they can do is hurl the same old thing or to criticize that which they haven't even bothered to more than glance at.  "No wonder blank blank fired him."  Well, I hate to tell ya, but blank blank made a slight error in judgment, or so it would seem given their current status.

Slight error??  That's the understatement of the year! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2005, 02:26:39 PM »

Now this is PRICELESS!!

This was sent by a friend who noted that a group of Syrians decided to hold an anti-American rally.  Since they couldn't read and write English for their protest signs, they found an English-speaker to "translate" their anti-American slogans for them.  They apparently made the mistake of asking the wrong guy to help them and he took matters into his own hands.

der Brucer (who suspects a hoax, but enjoys the fun - bust wishes he could edited the pictures text :))

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2005, 02:27:41 PM »

DInner tIme!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2005, 02:31:07 PM »

VIXMOM - DRMATTH is correct - "I Have Dreamed" is on the K&I soundtrack album.  And it was cut from the movie.  It is sung by Lady Thiang.

The song is sung by Tuptim and Lun Tha.

Apologies if I have missed someone else's correction.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2005, 02:33:38 PM »

TOTD (We've been here before!).

I wonder if my calculations are the same.
From waking time here in Melbourne to sleep time in London - nearly 48 hours of real time.  I do not sleep on planes and it is a 26 hour or so flight.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2005, 02:48:58 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Laundry - Done!
Shirts dropped off at the dry cleaners - Done!

Now, it's time for dinner with DR elmore- and I believe DR Danise may be joining us too.  And since I have yet to eat a proper meal today...  To quote DR PennyO - The Beast!

And after dinner, DR Rodzinksi and I will be meeting someplace in Siberia for a pint, mug, cup, flask, falgon, etc. of something or other.

Got get ready... I don't want to stand DR elmore up.

;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2005, 03:13:41 PM »

I just remembered that I saw a wonderful production of WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF with Diana Rigg as Martha and David Suchet (Poirot) as George.  Quite wonderful!

Last week, I got an email from a hometown monthly publication in my hometown of Fort Thomas, Kentucky, and they want to do an in-depth profile on me.  The interviewer had a really interesting set of questions, had done his homework on the internet and I think some other places...I sent ten pages of answers to his questions.   Quite fun!

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2005, 03:27:56 PM »

MattH, do you have any idea how long Messers Hyde-Pierce, Azzaria & Curry are contracted to stay with the show?  I'd hate to get tickets for the week after the replacements took over.....

Yep it is generally a year, but I know Azzaria is going to take a leave of absence to work on a film he is directing and starring in. He wil be back though. I'll get more info for you when I come back. I have a meeting to go to right now.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2005, 03:40:47 PM »

I'm still VERY tired.  I'm going to sit on my couch now.  I've been entering in the fixes and little changes all day and I'm going blind.  Interestingly, I don't end up doing a considerable number of them, because once I think about it I frequently realize that I'm not bettering something, or I'm not giving the reader enough credit, or they just don't feel right.

Michael

« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2005, 03:59:49 PM »

Okay my interests has been aroused and after searching through google for a while I have come up empty handed. What is the site and what are the postings? Can someone post a link?

Tonight I am off to see Mr. Philip Myers sing at the Broadway Cabaret series.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2005, 04:28:55 PM »

TOMovOZ - of course you are correct....I HAVE DREAMED is sung by Tuptim & LunTha.   My KING AND I knowledge-without-checking has certainly taken a beating today.

Facts, facts, facts.  Check first!  LOL.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2005, 04:52:58 PM »

Now this is PRICELESS!!

This was sent by a friend who noted that a group of Syrians decided to hold an anti-American rally.  Since they couldn't read and write English for their protest signs, they found an English-speaker to "translate" their anti-American slogans for them.  They apparently made the mistake of asking the wrong guy to help them and he took matters into his own hands.

der Brucer (who suspects a hoax, but enjoys the fun - bust wishes he could edited the pictures text :))

Yes, sadly, a hoax.  
But they did do very nice work on the graphics!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 04:53:22 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2005, 05:00:07 PM »

Let's not post the link, please - send it to Michael via e-mail.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2005, 05:01:32 PM »

I think I snoozed.  I mean, I went to the couch an hour ago and I just got off the couch now, so I assume I must have dozed off since an hour went by that I wasn't aware of.

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2005, 05:07:23 PM »

Greetings from SW Ohio.  I am home after the glorious New York weekend.  Had a great time at Penny's show and the partay afterward and will post a couple of photos later.

Sunday, niece Laura and I met my Michigan friend Doug for brunch at Josephina's (Larry & Jose, you were right!), then picked up our tickets for the Illinois State U Wind Symphony concert at Alice Tully Hall.  We had a couple of hours to spend in the Lincoln Center area and happened across a small cinema that was showing the Annette Bening movie Being Julia.  It fit nicely into our timeframe and got us in out of the rain.  Loved the movie, in which the actress character has many of the same food sentiments as Miriam Rosen/Abigail Paine.

The concert was unbelievably wonderful.  It was the first time I'd seen Laura's guy Steve conduct.  It was the NY premier of 3 pieces and all 3 composers were in attendance.  They had a good sized house, which included a woman who sat dead center and belched (loudly) at almost every quiet part  :P

There was a very festive partay at Cafe Fiorello after the concert, where   I had a heavenly salmon dinner and an exquisite cheesecake dessert.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2005, 05:15:35 PM »

Here's a fun group!

Penny, bk, Elmore, vixmom - all of whom I wish I'd had more time with!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2005, 05:17:07 PM »

And here's Jose, Rodzinski & Gal, WFO

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2005, 05:18:21 PM »

And on the other side of the table - Ben, Anthony, Michael Shayne & Gary

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2005, 05:36:43 PM »

I just watched the Gene Tierney bio off of Laura.  Wow, Son of Fury must have been a fun set what with her and FF talking to themselves (ooh, a Styne/Comden & Green reference).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2005, 05:40:38 PM »

Lovely pictures Ginny. I'm glad you had a good time. Larry and I are sorry we couldn't spend more time with you but it sounds like you and Laura made out quite well.

I spent today groggy at my desk, reviving myself after the great weekend. It's fun being an acolyte ;)

And now, I must depart as Anthony needs the computer.

Rev up those patented vibes for tomorrow around 11:30am for a callback for Mr. Morelli. If all goes well he will be in Virginia through early July, two weeks off and then he'll be out to Wisconsin for Damn Yankees (which is what the vibes are for).

Later, my friends.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2005, 05:54:04 PM »

Joey GOOD AUDITION VIBES!
Nice pictures-thanks for sharing.

DerBerucer, Baxter looks so sweet and sad.
And it doesn’t surprise me.

JMK congrats on your concert.

Ginny

« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2005, 05:54:26 PM »

Ben - Before you go, I wanted to tell you that I listened to your reviews on my drive from the Cleveland airport today.  Thank you so much.

Your comments about the show that was signed for the hearing-impaired reminded me of a Cats story.  When our son was little (3 or so) he was transfixed with that music and we had to play the cassettes whenever we were in the car.  It got to the point where we'd turn off the front speakers so only he could hear it!  Anyway, when the show came to Cincinnati's Aronoff Center when Rob was older, we got these great seats that I eventually realized had been set aside for the hearing impaired and hadn't been requested by the (late) time I called.  I spent the whole time watching the signers, since I'd already seen it a couple of times.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2005, 06:05:36 PM »

Now this is PRICELESS!!

Keith and I say- ;D :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up