Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT I MISS  (Read 18383 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: WHAT I MISS
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2009, 05:20:27 PM »

DR Jose, WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, JOYOUS NEWS!

It is.  And miraculous too.  She really was in grave condition.  -One thing I didn't mention initially was that in order to relieve the brain swelling after the accident, they had to remove a part of her skull.  (Sorry, if that's TMI.) So, the speed of her recovery is truly, well, truly something wonderful.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2009, 05:21:43 PM »

Fargo is getting better but now i am playing catch up to get other things done.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2009, 05:27:52 PM »

continued vibes to her Jose...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2009, 05:32:20 PM »

And speaking of good health and vibes, I received this bit of wonderful news from my roommate, Jim:

"The doctors did a neuro exam and met with Danielle today and said she
will make a full recovery in three months!  They said they can't
believe how much she is progressing and we have nothing to worry
about!... they were originally saying up to two years for recovery and
hadn't said it would be a full recovery until today.  We are all so
proud of Danielle for fighting so hard and are very thankful for all
the well wishes, support, and positive energy you all have given us.

:)

Wonderful news!! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »

After leaving the outlet mall, I just decided to drive around a bit since the rain was already starting to stop after just a couple of minutes.  I drove here, I drove there.

I finally found where The Citadel is located, along with the neighboring Hampton Park. -And, no, I was not looking for some "Lords of Discipline". ;) I checked out the City Marina - where, apparently, there's a great dive-y place for breakfast, which I believe I'll be trying out later this week. I also serendipitously ended up on the far end of East Bay, and was able to take a nice drive along Charleston Harbor from the residential area into the already familiar (to me) business and restaurant district.
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2009, 05:46:32 PM »

My new one fits in the palm of my hand. 

All the easier to conceal it, then.       ;)

DAW

« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2009, 05:47:03 PM »

So happy to see DR vixmom posting!  What an ordeal!!!          :-\

DAW

« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2009, 05:47:39 PM »

Glad for the great news from DR Druxy and from DR JoseSPiano for the family of his roommate Jim.

DAW

« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2009, 05:48:34 PM »

Good to see DR DakotaCelt posting, too!    :)

Laura

« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2009, 06:01:37 PM »

Great news from Vixmom and great news about Jose's roommate's relative.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2009, 06:02:14 PM »

I am trying to get used to my new computer. The other one was crashing way too much. I was always afraid I wouldn't get it to boot up ever again.

Laura

« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2009, 06:03:23 PM »

And may I say "Thank goodness for sons."

Laura

« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2009, 06:07:41 PM »

TOD: I remember Wallace and Ladmo and also Dialing For Dollars with Sandy Gibbons.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »

LOST IN AUSTEN evidently has a very rabid fanbase and they are not happy about the changes made in this DVD version I reviewed a few weeks ago.  Oy.  Like somehow it's my fault.

I have the Region-2 DvD; how could they redo what was already set for the Region-1?

They replaced the P&P Theme that's Amanda's ringtone with a generic one, and they also removed the "Downtown" gag.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2009, 06:19:18 PM »

My favorite childhood TV shows were THE LONE RANGER, SUPERMAN, CHEYENNE & HIGHWAY PATROL, which was produced by my cousin, Fred Ziv.

We are currently watching season 1, disc 3 of CHEYENNE.  I'm really enjoying Clint Walker.  He is beautiful to listen to and watch.

DR MBarnum, what have you done to the Lassners?

;D He didn't do it to us, we have watched a number of the old shows.  C. Pogue is lucky to get all the episodes of Cheyenne. NetfFlix only has the first season.

Tonight's Cheyenne featured Cheyenne, Bronco Lane, and Sugarfoot all in one episode!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »

I had about six minutes left in the afternoon and started AS THE WORLD TURNS thinking I'd just skim through it to the previews, but there were the boys, so I had to stop it and will pick it up when I go back down later.

It gets more and more idiotic; the incestuous twins were so demented before their crime spree that "the boys" must be complete retards, and where the hell are all their other friends? Like the "huge" crowd that came to the Big Gay Rally? To what common low level of audience IQ do these writers aim? Or stoop?

I think the plots for the boys stopped making sense the last time Col. Mayer was on, and their plots have never really recovered.

I read that THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS is adding a gay male character to its show soon. I may switch to it once he's in place.

It seems like it would be a pretty boring story line with only one gay character on the show.  Unless he is going to start seducing the "straight" characters.

I miss the days when the storylines were well written... Character development on some of the shows is miserable at best

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2009, 06:26:25 PM »

And may I say "Thank goodness for sons."

And husbands.;)  I think mine will be wiping the hard drive on my computer in an attempt to fix it.  He has transferred some of my personal information, I fear much will not be saved. 

Jane

« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2009, 06:27:17 PM »

My favorite childhood TV shows were THE LONE RANGER, SUPERMAN, CHEYENNE & HIGHWAY PATROL, which was produced by my cousin, Fred Ziv.

We are currently watching season 1, disc 3 of CHEYENNE.  I'm really enjoying Clint Walker.  He is beautiful to listen to and watch.

DR MBarnum, what have you done to the Lassners?

;D He didn't do it to us, we have watched a number of the old shows.  C. Pogue is lucky to get all the episodes of Cheyenne. NetfFlix only has the first season.

Tonight's Cheyenne featured Cheyenne, Bronco Lane, and Sugarfoot all in one episode!

Sugarfoot, the other series I have been trying to remember.  I wish Bronco were on DVD.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 06:41:27 PM by Jane »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2009, 06:27:53 PM »

Hey, all you "Doctor Who" Fans...Doctor Who Voted Top TV Sci-fi Theme

British TV show Doctor Who has topped a new poll to find the best sci-fi TV theme tune.

The cult programme's famous theme beat out the signature tunes of The X-Files and Star Trek in an online survey conducted by Totalscifionline.com.

The opening music for British comedy Red Dwarf was voted second, while the The X-Files theme came third.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Star Trek's title music came in fourth and fifth.

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2009, 06:28:59 PM »

On Saturday evening I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

Jane

« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2009, 06:33:33 PM »

Cute :)

Ginny

« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2009, 07:00:42 PM »

We are back from our errand to the Indianapolis airport.  Janice's flight was a little early and we met up as planned at baggage claim.  Her bathed and jammied granddaughters were thrilled to see her (and so was her husband, who's been "bachelor grandfather" all week).

I was so pleased to read DR Vixmom's posts and DR Jose's report from his roommate.

Welcome home, DR Vixmom!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2009, 07:06:09 PM »

It was great to hear about Danielle's prognosis!

Jane

« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »

DR Ginny do the grandchildren live with their grandparents?

Ginny

« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2009, 07:13:55 PM »

DR Ginny do the grandchildren live with their grandparents?

Yes, DR Jane, as of March 8.  It's a long, sad story, but they are thriving now that they're in a more stable environment.  Whenever I think I have a lot on my plate, I think of those grandparents.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2009, 07:15:06 PM »

As we were driving into Cincinnati, we saw a spectacular double rainbow and guess where it ended - Graeter's!

Yum, toffee chip!

Jane

« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2009, 07:16:40 PM »

LOL-How lovely to find the pot of gold at the end of the double rainbow. :)

Jane

« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2009, 07:17:22 PM »

Vibes to the grandparents, may they live long & healthy lives.  It is nice the grandchildren are doing well now.

Ginny

« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2009, 07:19:56 PM »

DR Ben - thank you for the treasure that arrived in the mail today!

Jennifer

« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2009, 07:27:16 PM »

Great news DR Jose about danielle. Does that mean the baby is doing well as well?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:35:02 PM by Jennifer »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up