Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: LEGALLY BLONDE  (Read 28497 times)

Cillaliz

Re:LEGALLY BLONDE
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2007, 04:13:10 PM »

Well, I do have a set of pilgrim salt & pepper shakers - I guess they're now named  :D  They're standing in the shadow box above the piano, along with some turkey figures, etc.

That would be Priscilla and John Alden.   You must know the story. When Miles Standish wanted to marry Priscilla Mullins, he sent John Alden to do it for him.  When he asked she said "Speak for yourself, John" and she and John got married.   I've always loved that story. It's originally from Longfellow's  The Courtship of Miles Standish. Anyway, all the little pilgram couples you find are generally accepted to be Priscilla and John.  

Of course that has always made Thanksgiving my holiday.

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2007, 04:17:47 PM »

Yes, DR Cillaliz, I do know the story, just hadn't ever thought of this particular couple in that way.  I can see why it has special meaning for you - sort of like I always think, "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" is being spoken directly to me!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2007, 04:23:23 PM »

Yes, DR Cillaliz, I do know the story, just hadn't ever thought of this particular couple in that way.  I can see why it has special meaning for you - sort of like I always think, "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" is being spoken directly to me!

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2007, 04:24:53 PM »

It is sort of sad to think a great romance has been immortalized on salt and pepper shakers that people get out for a month or so every year.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2007, 04:25:22 PM »

You will be happy to know my mother is getting out her Thanksgiving decorations today.

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2007, 04:26:46 PM »

I worked in the yard with my leaf vacuum/mulcher for a couple hours today.  I have SOOO many leaves, you can't tell I cut down 8 trees

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2007, 04:28:09 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2007, 04:29:11 PM »

Actually, I've always wanted to say "Speak for yourself, John".   I've done it a couple times out of context to men named John.  I don't think they had the slightest idea what I was talking about

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2007, 04:32:13 PM »

60 minutes is just starting, football ran late, so TAR fans, it will be on in 1 hour

Jane

« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2007, 04:35:24 PM »

I'm off the anti-inflammatory meds. I was able to prevent a stomach pains.  I reduced the increased GERD pain.  There is nothing I can do to stop the heart palpitations but stop taking the pills.  It’s a shame cuz I think it was making a difference.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2007, 04:35:52 PM »

Actually, I've always wanted to say "Speak for yourself, John".   I've done it a couple times out of context to men named John.  I don't think they had the slightest idea what I was talking about

;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2007, 04:36:06 PM »

I survived the jaunt to Brooklyn even with the F train screwing up the trip by not stopping where we needed to be. We got to the Gallery Players in plenty of time, and sat with the subscribers, the Polydent Crowd consisting of too many alta kakas talking loudly and rustling their cellophane throughout the performance.  I enjoyed YANK! but not as much as I wanted. Surprisingly, I thought Act One was fascinating and that Act Two was a bit of a let-down.  Good cast, and god musical direction by my friend Dan Feyer who was MD for the San Francisco production of NIGHT OF THE HUNTER in 2004. It was great to see three friends in the cast as well.

And now I'm back and chilling out.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2007, 04:37:37 PM »

I was always on stage on Fridays.

On stage?
On deck?
On call?
On tour?

singdaw

« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »

Whew!  A long day...left the house at 7:00 AM and just got home.  For some reason, churches think that they need to observe All Soul's on the closest Sunday!

Laura, that is a great story...such a wonderful happy ending.

***CONTINUED VIBES*** to DR Jane.

I am about 20 pages from finishing bk's new book.  Am going to try to do that now.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2007, 04:45:47 PM »

elmore, i enjoyed the description of your day & the alta kakas.  makes me think of my father.  as he approached his nineties he would ask how old he was, having forgotten.  when i would tell him he always laghed & exclaimed "i'm an old alta kaka!"

Jane

« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2007, 04:46:20 PM »

thank u singdaw

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2007, 04:52:55 PM »

It is sort of sad to think a great romance has been immortalized on salt and pepper shakers that people get out for a month or so every year.  

But DR CILLA LIZ - think of all the great romances from the past that are un-remembered AT ALL!!!   ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2007, 04:53:54 PM »

Well Pamela Reed may be a fine person and all, but she has been on my Black List since she whacked Carroll Baker out of her cha cha heels in KINDERGARTEN COP....

"You're not so stuff without your car, are ya?!"

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »

But DR CILLA LIZ - think of all the great romances from the past that are un-remembered AT ALL!!!   ;D

Guess it does sort of say "spicy" doesn't it

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2007, 04:55:18 PM »

Waiting for TAR to start.....waiting....waiting....watching BRIDEZILLA instead of 60 MINUTES which really has overstayed its welcome with me.

DR GEORGE - I thought the MAD Tv premiere was a bit flat, and they certainly are light on the GUY side - sorry that Ike Barenholtz is gone.

They now tape at the Music Box Theatre in LA, wherever that may be.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2007, 04:55:46 PM »

Guess it does sort of say "spicy" doesn't it

Shake that thang!  ;D

Jane

« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2007, 04:55:54 PM »

jrand-lol

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2007, 04:56:27 PM »

We had a 1956 Alta Kaka convertible....it would never start in damp weather.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2007, 04:56:54 PM »

I guess DR KERRY and I are the only bald HHW'ers to have a favorite movie free for all.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2007, 04:57:46 PM »

Laura, glad you were able ot reunite the dog with his owner. You are a truly a gentle and kindly soul.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2007, 04:57:52 PM »

My Horoscope this morning says, "An investment might manifest the shades of the rainbow."

Now, what the Hell does that mean?  Where's Jrand?
[/b]
Have you taken a gander at our varicolored paper money lately?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2007, 04:57:58 PM »

I brought my volunteer tomato plant into the foyer before it froze.   I left it in there a week or so and today, after not seeing any bugs or other creatures around it, I brought it into the dining room where it will get a lot of south sun.   I don't know if I'll get tomatoes, but it does have blossoms already.   What the heck, it's kind of fun to have it inside.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2007, 04:59:12 PM »

Continued vibes to DR Jane!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2007, 04:59:25 PM »

Somewhat quiet at  work tonight...

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2007, 04:59:59 PM »

Waiting for TAR to start.....waiting....waiting....watching BRIDEZILLA instead of 60 MINUTES which really has overstayed its welcome with me.

DR GEORGE - I thought the MAD Tv premiere was a bit flat, and they certainly are light on the GUY side - sorry that Ike Barenholtz is gone.

They now tape at the Music Box Theatre in LA, wherever that may be.

I had to turn the channel when they got to the story about poachers killing elephants.  I just can't watch that sort of thing...so what am I watching? A show about a double homicide.  LOL, for some reason that doesn't bother me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up