Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALL RIGHT  (Read 4125 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALL RIGHT
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2020, 04:51:29 PM »

Still raining here.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2020, 04:51:55 PM »

Once you've seen the video you may, of course, offer comments right here.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2020, 05:00:08 PM »

DR George, YAY for all of your packages arriving.

I still have a couple of things that I've ordered, but those are being sent to my home.  One is arriving tomorrow by FedEx.  Hopefully, they wait long enough for me to go all the way down my two flights of stairs before they decide I'm not home. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2020, 05:04:45 PM »

Rain and thunderstorms tonight.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2020, 05:11:03 PM »

Link is now available for those who private message me.

Message has been sent.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2020, 05:11:13 PM »

Having watched some of it again, I forgot how really beautiful the production was.  And I have to say that the direction is pretty good :)

Can't wait!

George

« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2020, 05:11:37 PM »

Sorry, that thing is huge on my screen, and I've reduced it three times.

Which you can tell by the fuzzy resolution.

It looks fine on my tablet. :)

George

« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2020, 05:12:05 PM »

I was talking with Mom on the phone when the phone decided to update. And I haven't been able to call her back yet.

Yikes!  Hopefully, it'll all be better soon! :-\

George

« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2020, 05:12:17 PM »

DR GEORGE struck a package bonanza......I am expecting ONE package.....but I reckon it's not coming today.

I went on a buying spree, kind of...the purchases were made over several weeks. ::)

;)

ChasSmith

« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2020, 05:17:44 PM »

DR Jrand69, it seems to me like you’re already going to be dressed for a good old fashioned holdup. Why waste the opportunity?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2020, 05:22:28 PM »

I went on a walk for 30 minutes. It was wonderful. The sun came out, the temperature hopped up in the 80s, and all was nice. No groups of people, only a few doing yard work.

This is all strange. It was supposed to have been in the 60s with our sixth day straight of thunderstorms.

Tomorrow was supposed to have had a high in the 50s. It's now set to be 91.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2020, 05:24:14 PM »

I then spent a half hour cleaning out the refrigerator in the garage. I haven't done this in quite some time. I found some surprises, but thankfully no bad food. A lot of beer I didn't know I had.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2020, 05:25:16 PM »

Well, I think you know how to properly dispose of that.

John G.

« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2020, 05:25:39 PM »

I'm now watching the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing. I may turn that off in a bit, though, to watch a link I just received.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2020, 05:26:06 PM »

Well, I think you know how to properly dispose of that.

Yes. If I set my mind to it.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2020, 05:34:39 PM »

Tuesday evening greetings!  It’s been another quiet day here.  I finished reading The Guest Book by Sarah Blake for next week’s discussion, probably on Google Hangouts.

Did you like it?  I read the blurb and am not sure I would want to read it right now, but then I am having trouble staying with the books I am reading.  I have begun 3 books.  I am trying to finish the 3rd one.  I thought it was a mystery.  It is but it has rats and experiments on them.  I think the bad guys are creating a pandemic in a lab  ::)  I don't need this now  ;D  Oh, and the main character is an ER doctor.  If the plague erupts in her hospital I am closing the book  ;D

It was OK, but not the greatest.  It’s a multigenerational family saga that’s not linear.  Sometimes it’s 1936, sometimes 1959, and sometimes present day, and it skips around.  I figured out a big plot twist long before it was revealed in the story.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2020, 05:38:03 PM »

I need bananas, cookies, and wine.....but I am afraid I could not convince anyone that any of those things were essential.....

Bananas are.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2020, 05:38:19 PM »

I am seeing my Account Representative DR JANE.....so who knows....I will have my mask and gloves.....

Good luck!

Jane

« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2020, 05:38:41 PM »

I called and made an appt. today and they couldn't figure out who I was.....I have only been banking there at that branch since 1967.

Groan.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2020, 05:39:47 PM »

I still have a couple of things that I've ordered, but those are being sent to my home.  One is arriving tomorrow by FedEx.  Hopefully, they wait long enough for me to go all the way down my two flights of stairs before they decide I'm not home. ::)

Leave a note that you are home and it takes a few minutes to get to the door.

George

« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2020, 05:40:30 PM »

Lease a note that you are home and it takes a few minutes to get to the door.

Definitely!

Jane

« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2020, 05:40:39 PM »

Tuesday evening greetings!  It’s been another quiet day here.  I finished reading The Guest Book by Sarah Blake for next week’s discussion, probably on Google Hangouts.

Did you like it?  I read the blurb and am not sure I would want to read it right now, but then I am having trouble staying with the books I am reading.  I have begun 3 books.  I am trying to finish the 3rd one.  I thought it was a mystery.  It is but it has rats and experiments on them.  I think the bad guys are creating a pandemic in a lab  ::)  I don't need this now  ;D  Oh, and the main character is an ER doctor.  If the plague erupts in her hospital I am closing the book  ;D

It was OK, but not the greatest.  It’s a multigenerational family saga that’s not linear.  Sometimes it’s 1936, sometimes 1959, and sometimes present day, and it skips around.  I figured out a big plot twist long before it was revealed in the story.

I will pass, thanks.

John G.

« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2020, 05:43:20 PM »

I need bananas, cookies, and wine.....but I am afraid I could not convince anyone that any of those things were essential.....

Bananas are.

Correct. Bananas are not essential, except as bird food.
― Voltaire

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2020, 06:13:16 PM »

Greetings!  It was a lovely 80 degrees here today.  So, my work sort of went out the window.  The high tomorrow is 59 and overcast, so I can work then

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2020, 06:15:23 PM »

We don't have a stay at home order here and our governor isn't going to do one.  Almost anywhere you would want to go is closed and it's recommended you stay home.
I went to the grocery store today.  I only saw two people in masks and one was stocking shelves.  Very few people wore gloves, only a few employees.   But we only have 9 cases in our county of about 100,000 people.   In my mom's county they still don't have a case.  I'm hoping we did enough to not have it really bad, but only time will tell.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2020, 06:16:59 PM »

Everyone was outside today, walking around and visiting.  The visiting was done from a distance, but it feels so neighborly again.  I took the plastic off the gazebo windows and put out my tacky lawn ornaments as well as the lions that sit by my entrance.   I even swept out the side of the garage I park on.  Wow, that looks better

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2020, 06:18:27 PM »

The insurance co is going to cut me a check whether I take my car to a body shop or not.  So, I'm going to get the $69 kit and give it a go. It can't be any harder to do than refinishing furniture is and I can do that.   I had a couple neighbors look at it and they both agreed that it's just the paint.  I really don't have anything to lose.   If I mess it up, I can take it to the body shop.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2020, 06:18:58 PM »

I made shake and bake pork chops tonight.  I love those.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2020, 06:23:06 PM »

a have a nephew who is a funeral director in Chicago.  He's going to NYC...maybe today...to assist.  So sad, they need more help because too many bodies.  You never hear about the funeral directors out there on the front line.  These days they probably have a lot more contact with the families.  I don't envy him.  He's getting great benefits and extra pay for it, but still.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2020, 06:24:33 PM »

Oh wow, just read that you have to have your temp taken to enter the courthouse.  They've had it closed to the public for a few weeks and entry with an appointment only.  This is ramping up
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up