Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OLD COLLEGE TRY  (Read 13143 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE OLD COLLEGE TRY
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2011, 06:13:57 PM »

JEWS AND BASEBALL arrived in my mailbox today... Woo and hoo!

And mine was only just shipped, now I'm not as happy as I was this morning ;)

THE KINGS SPEECH should arrive tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »

Reading about DR Ginny's birth certificate issues.

I find it extremely odd that the person at the passport office did not tell you that your birth certificate was not acceptable. I would contact the passport office.

It does seem to happen a lot that people need new proper birth certificates (i did too). But for the passport office not to tell you... well that is not fair to you. That person made a mistake.

What difference would it make to contact the passport.  Granted they should have told her, but the bottom line is that the U.S. Government will not issue her a passport with that birth certificate.

I believe DR Jennifer mean to complain about the employee who accepted it.  Now we also realized DR Ginny was told it probably would not be.

Ben

« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2011, 06:25:29 PM »

Michael Sarrazin was so good in THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON'T THEY? and THE ILLUSTRATED MAN and THE FLIMFLAM MAN.

I don't think he was in the Illustrated Man. That was Robert (or was it RIchard) Drivas

Robert Drivas; he and Terrence McNally were partners for years.

I saw Robert Drivas in The Man Who Had Three Arms (Edward Albee) in 1983

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2011, 06:34:29 PM »

According to Amazon this morning, Jews and Baseball has shipped!!! :)

During Passover?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2011, 06:36:58 PM »

JEWS AND BASEBALL arrived in my mailbox today... Woo and hoo!

And mine was only just shipped, now I'm not as happy as I was this morning ;)

THE KINGS SPEECH should arrive tomorrow.

I have Amazon Prime, so maybe that's why mine came sooner.

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »

The story of Chesea, the missing Bernese Mountain Dog, continues.  I hope you can read this incredible story of the people behind the story-amazing!
https://www.facebook.com/notes/jennifer-lennon/chelsea-update/10150567050155006

Jane I can't get the link to work...what is the news?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2011, 06:39:41 PM »

Welcome to new DR JOSE CARLOS SIMBULAN JR

Well... According to my mother - at least when I was nine-years old - my name would have been:

DR J. CARLOS SIMBULAN, JR.

*And that was on top of the close to 20 nicknames I had somehow garnered when I was in grade school. -And then when you couple that with the whole "Are you my real cousin? or just the kid of one of my mom's best friends?" conundrum...

::)

I never had any nicknames when i was growing up.  Unless you include faggot and sissy.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2011, 06:40:22 PM »

The library ordered four copies of "Jews and Baseball." Just made my reservation for it when it comes in.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2011, 06:41:03 PM »

Well... According to my mother - at least when I was nine-years old - my name would have been:

*And that was on top of the close to 20 nicknames I had somehow garnered when I was in grade school. -And then when you couple that with the whole "Are you my real cousin? or just the kid of one of my mom's best friends?" conundrum...

I never had any nicknames when i was growing up.  Unless you include faggot and sissy.
Ah, yes, those were the not-so-good old days. And people wonder why I never take time to think about my childhood.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2011, 06:42:24 PM »

The story of Chesea, the missing Bernese Mountain Dog, continues.  I hope you can read this incredible story of the people behind the story-amazing!

It didn't work for me, either.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2011, 06:42:37 PM »

As is the case with evey day I've done laundry in the past month, it's raining.

I've made the important phone call and sent two emails to my colleague Curtis,. I'm very fond of him and I do like working with him, but things on his end are moving too slowly for my schedule, and I am very unhappy at the moment.

I hate waiting when i need answers.

All is now good. Curtis is off to England on the BAM-Royal Shakespeare Co (?) Bridge Project and his absence will make things about preparing socres for EILEEN more difficult than I would have preferred. Now that I know we're okay, I can relax a bit.

I didn't understand that statement at all.  Perhaps I should ask MBarnum to translate.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2011, 06:43:19 PM »

Chelsea update for those following:

Message and update from Janet

The rescue of Chelsea has many elements that have to be considered and for many reasons. We are not doing any of this without the advice of many different professionals who have carefully consulted and guided this rescue.

It does not matter how long this takes, it will be up to Chelsea who gives the sign that she is comfortable with what is being done and when she is ready. All of this is being done on her terms not ours.

First of all, Heather does want me to convey her apologies as she knows that she has been short with some and just not herself. She has been sleeping in her car, she is stressed and sleep deprived This is a very emotionally charged situation This family still has not had time to grieve over the loss of their husband and father, and then thrown into an emotional turmoil with not knowing what happened to Chelsea. All of this pain and suffering caused because of someone else’s negligence.

I hope that we can all learn from this experience both the good and the bad as it will help us all when other lost and missing pets need your help or to be rescued.

This is what I am sharing with you today.

Based on the professional’s who have observed Chelsea’s behavior and actions they know that they have to secure her mind before her body for this to be a success. Remember she has survived only because she reverted to a wild state because she had to.

Remember that she is also Joan’s companion and needs to be brought to a state that Joan will be able to handle her when she is brought home. This will also be a process, so it is not just about “catching the dog”.

We again ask every one to stay away from the area unless we specifically ask you to be there. The neighbors have been wonderful opening their homes and have even provided food, drink, bathroom facilities so all their needs are being met. The police have been wonderful and supportive patrolling the area to keep the surrounding area the way Daryl wants it.

Daryl has been making encouraging progress with Chelsea and is slowly getting closer to her. He is now controlling her food. She is eating nutritious food rich in protein and drinking water that he is providing for her. He provided her with a blanket and she chose to touch it with her paw. She is acting secure in the ravine and she is aware of his presence and his scent.

He reports this morning that her tail was up, she looked happy and was chasing a squirrel in the ravine, not because she wanted to kill it, she was acting in a more playful manner.

Heather, Joan and Team Chelsea have complete trust and faith in Daryl and what he is doing for Chelsea and for all of us. We will not allow any one to sabotage the progress that he is making with Chelsea. We appreciate your concern and interest and ask you to stay away from the area.

Along this incredibly emotional journey to find Chelsea, Team Chelsea is happy to report that through our dedicated team members we were also there to help many other pets that we encountered along the way. We found lost and injured dogs and cats and we cared for them until we could help them and get them back to their families. We had a team member who fortunately could secure a surrender of a dog that was in dire need of help who also required immediate medical care and needs surgery. We are happy to report this dog now has a happy and a very loving forever home and the means to provide him with all the rehabilitation that he will require.

The last thing I want to share with you is about our amazing man Daryl. We are so blessed to have Daryl who is so dedicated and committed to rescuing Chelsea.

What you need to know is that Daryl is dying. Daryl has been told that he has 6 to 7 weeks left to live. It is Daryl’s dying wish to bring Chelsea home. Daryl and Chelsea need each other now this is now their journey. We hope that both Daryl and Chelsea’s wishes are granted, we owe that to them both. They have both been going through so much. It is Daryl’s wish that Chelsea’s transition be peaceful and gentle.

It is our wish that Daryl’s will be also.

What we need to do is keep them both in our thoughts and prayers so that both Daryl and Chelsea can find what they need to complete their journeys. Don’t question why things happen, there are no coincidences all things happen for a reason.

We love you Daryl.

Janet

Jane

« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2011, 06:44:34 PM »

I couldn't get the quote to work & wisely, since it is so long, posted the Chelsea update.  Thanks for letting me know it wouldn't open.

Jane

« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2011, 06:46:55 PM »

I was called Janie, which I didn't like and put a stop to it.  Very few people still call me that.

I was called Bozo in 5th grade when my hair was frizzed/permed into what looked exactly like Bozo the Clown's hair style.

Then there was that embarrassing name Bruce gave me. ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »

I'm sure they were terms of endearment for such a kind and goodhumored man!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2011, 06:47:11 PM »

The library ordered four copies of "Jews and Baseball." Just made my reservation for it when it comes in.

:)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2011, 06:48:54 PM »

Nice Easter photos, DR Ginny. I don't think I have anything, but a couple of Easter plates. I usually just decorate with wine glasses anyway.

Full?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2011, 06:49:38 PM »

As is the case with evey day I've done laundry in the past month, it's raining.

I've made the important phone call and sent two emails to my colleague Curtis,. I'm very fond of him and I do like working with him, but things on his end are moving too slowly for my schedule, and I am very unhappy at the moment.

I hate waiting when i need answers.

All is now good. Curtis is off to England on the BAM-Royal Shakespeare Co (?) Bridge Project and his absence will make things about preparing socres for EILEEN more difficult than I would have preferred. Now that I know we're okay, I can relax a bit.

I didn't understand that statement at all.  Perhaps I should ask MBarnum to translate.

Probably all for the best. I had removed a critical mid sentence. Curtis' going to London next week has caused me major tsuris about the music prep for the EILEEN recording. i think things are satisfactorily settled now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2011, 06:51:49 PM »

Just checked out the "Remastered Edition" of The Boy Friend.  Um, no.  Sad to say but it's faded and brownish from its original glorious color.  Very disappointing, as many of the recent Warners transfers have gotten the color right.  All they had to do was add blue and it would have been much better.

I've got that.  Planning to watch it (probably) tomorrow.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »

Nice Easter photos, DR Ginny. I don't think I have anything, but a couple of Easter plates. I usually just decorate with wine glasses anyway.

Full?

My first landlady in Oxford, Ohio, was a collector of varieties of DaVinci's "The Last Supper," which covered - and littered - her house as antimacassars, paint-by-numbers, bowls,  ash trays, plates, velvet paintings, fabrics, etc. It was a trip to pay the rent.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:54:33 PM by elmore3003 »

George

« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2011, 06:53:16 PM »

:)

My library ordered three copies and I just placed my hold.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2011, 06:54:03 PM »

Watched WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS this evening.

As much as I dislike remakes, this one should be remade and updated.

It's a good story.
You can dream…or you can do.

George

« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2011, 06:55:50 PM »

I must be leaving.  I'm done for the day and want to go home.

Until later!

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »

Thanks Jane, Amazing Story thanks for posting it. 

John G.

« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »

Full?
Not by the end of the evening.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2011, 06:58:43 PM »

I'm glad you liked it.  I was very moved by it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2011, 07:00:14 PM »

I had tons and tons of nicknames.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2011, 07:10:56 PM »

Good night, everyone! I have a day tomorrow crammed with incident.

Jane

« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »

'night
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up