Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE  (Read 24371 times)

Cillaliz

Re:DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2006, 11:54:59 AM »

It rained last night. I was glad I didn't have to think about poor Bootsie being outside looking for shelter from the storm

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2006, 11:55:08 AM »

Just by-the-by, do we know how our newest DR, graduating from Hollywood High, found us?
PennyO

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2006, 11:55:27 AM »

Well, seven more to go. Think I'll do a little delayed gratification and post them when I get back.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2006, 11:55:53 AM »

DR Rodzinski - I, too, spent a lot of time reading the Peanuts fan sites last night.  Charles M. Shulz was an Army buddy of my 6th grade homeroom teacher. Mr Rainey used to tell us stories about him all the time. And of course there are the great peanuts statues around St. Paul. I have some photos of them at home, I'll try to remember to post one or two when I get back

When I lived in Santa Rosa back in the early Seventies, you could not ignore Mr. Shulz.  He lived there, had his studio there, and owned the ice arena there.  I believe his museum in now in Santa Rosa.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2006, 11:57:13 AM »

The Pacific Northwest is expected to move into record-setting temperatures for the next few days.  June is usually mild, temperature-wise; but starting today the thermometer is suppsed to climb to around 90, till probably Tuesday.

I need to organize my clothes for our upcoming trip & then take some jeans to be shortened.  I decided to have them properly hemmed for the cruise instead of just rolling them up.  

It’s difficult to pack for Alaska when we are experiencing heat waves in the Northwest.  I will also need to pack more clothes for the changes in temperatures.  The average temps for Alaska are 60-63 degrees with possible rain  and it should be very cold when we go through the glaciers.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2006, 12:02:23 PM »

Cillaliz -I wasn’t thinking of living permanently in the other countries, just long enough.  I love where we are.  Sometimes we talk about exploring some of the towns in New Mexico & moving there, a state Keith likes and I have yet to see.

I’m also glad Bootsie is safe.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2006, 12:02:33 PM »

It’s difficult to pack for Alaska when we are experiencing heat waves in the Northwest.  I will also need to pack more clothes for the changes in temperatures.  The average temps for Alaska are 60-63 degrees with possible rain  and it should be very cold when we go through the glaciers.

It is usually not too bad, temperature-wise in Glacier Bay.  Just make sure that you have a jacket, in case the wind is blowing.  You are lucky that you are going this year, while there are still glaciers to be seen.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2006, 12:03:25 PM »

TCB, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.  My condolences.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2006, 12:06:14 PM »

Cillaliz -I wasn’t thinking of living permanently in the other countries, just long enough.  I love where we are.  Sometimes we talk about exploring some of the towns in New Mexico & moving there, a state Keith likes and I have yet to see.

I’m also glad Bootsie is safe.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2006, 12:07:01 PM »

Off to sort through my clothes.

TCB you take care of yourself today.

George

« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2006, 12:07:06 PM »

Well, last night the Seatle Storm women's basketball team won!  BY 30 POINTS!!  After losing by eight on Wednesday.  The team that they beat (I forget which) was undefeated on the road this season.  Not any more. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2006, 12:07:55 PM »

A very happy welcome to new D(ear) R(eader) Andriana Patti!

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2006, 12:08:05 PM »

DR Jane - while I was shopping at a Coldwater Creek store in Illinois, my mother got to talking about her upcoming cruise with one of the clerks, who used to live in Alaska.  She recommended gloves, which my mom had not thought of, since her trip is in early September.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2006, 12:09:19 PM »

Best Tuesday interview vibes, DR PennyO!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2006, 12:11:55 PM »

TOD - another country to live in?  Geez, I'd just settle for visiting someplace other than border towns in Canada and Mexico!  When I grouse about never having been to Europe, my DH says, "Well, you could see it like I did!"  (U. S. Army, 1968-70)

George

« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2006, 12:14:03 PM »

If I could live in another country, I'd like to live in three...New York (I consider it to be another country, compared to the quiet laidback Olympia, Washington ;)), London (for the theatre) and southern Germany (in the Bavarian area, where my mom's family are from and still live). ;D

George

« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2006, 12:15:37 PM »

Last night I travelled to Portland to see little Taylor's dance recital...she and her 3 to 4 year old group danced as ducks to the song Donald Duck! It was cute...all in all there were 2 hours worth of program from kids age 3 to mid teens...and it was all quite fun!

Well, I'm off to work, but later today, I'm ushering for another dance recital (after ushering for one last week).  This group (Debbi's Dance) dressess most of their girls in not age-appropriate costumes :o and teaches them to dance like they're going to become Vegas showgirls!  AND they're they only dance school that charges to go to their recitals...but people do go. ::) At least I don't have to pay.

George

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2006, 12:15:56 PM »

Later!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2006, 12:19:20 PM »

Well, I'm off to work, but later today, I'm ushering for another dance recital (after ushering for one last week).  This group (Debbi's Dance) dressess most of their girls in not age-appropriate costumes :o and teaches them to dance like they're going to become Vegas showgirls!  AND they're they only dance school that charges to go to their recitals...but people do go. ::) At least I don't have to pay.

I am glad you don't have to pay to usher, George.  Although I do know one local theater company that charges the actors for being in the show.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2006, 12:21:23 PM »

Off to sort through my clothes.

TCB you take care of yourself today.

Yes, Mom!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2006, 12:27:12 PM »

TCB- :)

Thanks Ginny.  I just realized this morning I forgot to buy warmer gloves.  Since I'm taking at least one coat I will have gloves with me....all my coats have heavy knit gloves stashed in them.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2006, 12:32:15 PM »

Just jumped in quickly to send

~~~~~~VIBES~~~~~~~[/color]

for TCB amd elmore
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »

DR Jane - while I was shopping at a Coldwater Creek store in Illinois, my mother got to talking about her upcoming cruise with one of the clerks, who used to live in Alaska.  She recommended gloves, which my mom had not thought of, since her trip is in early September.

DR Jane and Ginny's Mother -- Be sure to take along several of those disposable plastic rain ponchos.  They usually sell for around $1.50 each, and they come in a package about the size of a cigarette pack, so they are easy to pack.  They can be reused, but good luck trying to fold them back up into their little pouch again.  They saved a lot of us from becoming drowned rats in the Falkland Islands, when a squall moved in, and the cruise ship decided to suspend tender service until the sqaull passed (about two hours).

« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 12:34:47 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2006, 12:32:56 PM »

I also enjoyed the Peanuts site last night. Thanks for supplying the link Cillaliz!

vixmom

« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2006, 12:33:32 PM »

Welcome to DR Adrianna Patti!

Your family must be very proud of your achievments!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 12:34:16 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2006, 12:35:08 PM »

DR Jane and Ginny's Mother -- Be sure to take along several of those disposable plastic rain ponchos.  They usually sell for around $1.50 each, and they come in a package about the size of a cigarette pack, so they are easy to pack.  They can be reused, but good luck trying to fold them back up into their little pouch again.  They saved a lot of us from becoming drowned rats in the Falkland Islands, when a squall moved in, and the cruise ship decided to suspend tender service until the sqaull passed (about two hours).

I just bought a bunch of these for the Vixter to use at camp!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 12:35:30 PM by vixmom »

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2006, 12:35:28 PM »

DR Jane and Ginny's Mother -- Be sure to take along several of those disposable plastic rain ponchos.  They usually sell for around $1.50 each, and they come in a package about the size of a cigarette pack, so they are easy to pack.  They can be reused, but good luck trying to fold them back up into their little pouch again.  They saved a lot of us from becoming drowned rats in the Falkland Islands, when a squall moved in, and the cruise ship decided to suspend tender service until the sqaull passed.

Thanks, DR TCB - I'll pass that along to Mom.  Even though she doesn't leave until Sept. 8, I'm sure she's already setting things aside so she won't forget them.

vixmom

« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2006, 12:39:03 PM »

TOD:

Since seeing all Tomovoz's wonderful pictures Iwould love to give the beautiful Australia a try!

I also wouldn't mind spending my Summers in Banth, Alberta, Canada

I have never been to Europe.  I have had two quick trips to Englad when Vixgranny and Vixgrandad were still living there but they moved to Canada shortly after we were married and we've not been back since

vixmom

« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2006, 12:39:44 PM »

Well ANOTHER thunder storm is rolling in so I am signing off!
BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2006, 12:53:26 PM »

I met Adriana and her mother at an LACC show.  Then Adriana left me a note inviting me to her high school production of Tommy, which she was the assistant director on.  I invited her to the site, and voila.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up