Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC  (Read 21980 times)

Danise

Re:I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2006, 03:24:29 PM »

Hi all!  Sorry to have been E & T.  I tried to sign on for a real quick "hello" before I left for work a few times but the board wouldn't let me on.  

I've been a bit busy with this and that or that and this.  I know you will laugh but after seeing the pictures of myself in NYC this last trip, I was shocked at how much weight I've gained.  I have deciced that I need to lose a good 20-25 pounds (at least) so when I've gotten home from work, I've been working out.

I've also been playing with the new DVD recorder.  I've been working on transfering all my B&B tapes over to DVD.  Of course, I can't just set it and forget it.  I always manage to sit through an show or two (errrr or three).  

Along with new DVD recorder, I bought some new photo software that I've been playing with.  

Work has been the usual bear.  Ugh.  I'm ready to win the lotto and retire.  Nineteen years and 3 months to go if I don't.  Not that I'm counting.   ::)

It's fairly depressing to think that I'm actually looking forward to the surgery so I'll be off for a few weeks.  One friend at work and I have made a check list of body parts we could live without so we could have a least one six week recovery every year.   ;D

I hope that everyone is doing alright.

I was VERY glad to read about Peggy finding a home.  I just hope she's not going to chained up outside all of the time.  The family needs to look into some type of fencing or invisable fencing.  

Dancing with the Stars.  I have two schools of thought on that subject.  I felt sorry for P the first week and I agree the judges are a more then a little hard on someone who is clearly never going to be a dancer.  However,  if he didn't know what was going to be expected of he, he really should by now.  

If he didn't want to wear the shoes and do his best, he should excuse himself from the show.  

At this point, I'm thinking it is more of way of gathering viewers because no one (having seen him dance) would believe that he is still on the show!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2006, 03:25:58 PM »

Hello DR Danise. Good to see you on line.

Hi Tom!  Sorry, I was readin' and writin'

TOD:  I always loved the choir.  I always did and do like to sing.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2006, 03:31:55 PM »

I just read on the internet that NBC has canceled THE WEST WING. It will end its 7th and last season in May.

I don't watch it, but I have a feeling that they will leave with a cliffhanger. You will not know who won the election just like they did on the final episode of Benson.
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2006, 03:33:11 PM »

Good to see you again, Danise!
...I was VERY glad to read about Peggy finding a home.  I just hope she's not going to chained up outside all of the time.  The family needs to look into some type of fencing or invisable fencing. ...
The Mom of the family was quite clear on this: Peggy will only be chained when she is outside, unless she is on a leash.  She is to be a part of the family, which makes her a house dog.  Which is what Peggy has always been, at least since she's been with us.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2006, 03:39:15 PM »

I just got this announcement from Skip Kennon:

JUST A REMINDER....31 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. ...YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS... To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

As a non-cell phone owner it's my good deed for the day.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2006, 03:40:40 PM »

Good to see you again, Danise!The Mom of the family was quite clear on this: Peggy will only be chained when she is outside, unless she is on a leash.  She is to be a part of the family, which makes her a house dog.  Which is what Peggy has always been, at least since she's been with us.

Nice to see you as well!  I've double glad that Peggy will be a house dog.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jed

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2006, 03:43:28 PM »

Since we are already praying for Rosemary's Baby, could we also pray for the Seattle Seahawks!

(No offense to Carolina fans)

Amen!!!   ;D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Danise

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2006, 03:49:32 PM »

Sorry to post and go.  I have to get the dishes done.

Laters all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2006, 03:50:25 PM »

oppps, I just say DR Jane.

I'll stay another little bit.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2006, 03:52:03 PM »

Happy birthday Elan!

JRand, you made fun of my spelling but didn’t answer my question. ;D

Hi Danise.  It’s nice to see you.   :D

JMK and Betsy, good no tech-stress vibes.

Danise

« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

Nice to see you too!  How is the house coming?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2006, 03:57:53 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from the Green Room...

And I will not be heading to NYC tonight after the show.  I'm just not "feeling it" right now, and, as it turns out the friend who I thought was coming up this week to NYC is actually coming up next week, so...

Decision made.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2006, 04:05:17 PM »

I just got this announcement from Skip Kennon:

JUST A REMINDER....31 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. ...YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS... To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

As a non-cell phone owner it's my good deed for the day.

This is actually one of those internet hoaxes, more or less.

Telemarketers can only call your cell phone if you "Opt In" to the program.  Otherwise, it is still illegal for telemarketers to call you on your cell without prior permission.  Some telemarketing companies even have blocks on their own systems that prevent them from calling cell phones - cell phones have certain "prefixes" (the first three digits), and they get kicked out of their systems.  Additionally, most the major cell phone companies have NOT joined the still-being-proposed national cell phone directory.  So...

But you can still add your cell phone to the Do Not Call List as a safeguard.

For more info, just check out:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/celldirectory.htm

And in the meantime, you can still add your land lines to the Do Not Call list.  *But remember, charities, political parties, etc., are still allowed to call you, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2006, 04:05:37 PM »

Jane, I just checked my emails.  I didn't realize I missed a phone call from you today.  

Vontage sent me a email to let me know I have voice mail.  

Tom, I LOVE the dolphin pictures!  I felt so sorry for the poor whale that died over in London.  I was so hoping he would find his way back out again.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2006, 04:05:52 PM »

And now I must get ready for the show...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2006, 04:17:33 PM »

Oh and DR TPunk did you watch the Dancing with the stars elimination. Very unhappy about that!

I didn't see it... I shall have to check their website to see what happened.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2006, 04:25:14 PM »

Back from a nice matinee - small crowd, about thirty, but very attentive and they all seemed to like it.

S. Woody, I was not castigating you, oh, no, I was not castigating you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2006, 04:30:15 PM »

Happy birthday Elan!

JRand, you made fun of my spelling but didn’t answer my question. ;D

Hi Danise.  It’s nice to see you.   :D

JMK and Betsy, good no tech-stress vibes.

YIKES....yes I do....and she will be on your CD!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2006, 04:32:40 PM »

Well who should walk into the store today - LA TV-RADIO PSYCHIC Robin Zodiac.  I didn't recognize her, she introduced herself in passing.

Of course, MR BK, I told her all about DECEIT (she is returning to LA tomorrow) and I said she MUST attend the latest and greatest play EVER at the EL PORTAL THEE-AY-TER

So she may show up....and introduce herself....just tell her you KNEW she was coming!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2006, 04:32:43 PM »

I just completed the first half of the new hotline volunteer training at GMHC, only one more weekend to go.  It's very satisfying work, but also very tiring.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2006, 04:35:29 PM »

Back from a nice matinee - small crowd, about thirty, but very attentive and they all seemed to like it.

S. Woody, I was not castigating you, oh, no, I was not castigating you.
I didn't think you were, I just realized that an apology was in order.  Or an appology.  One of the two, I'm sure.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2006, 04:39:24 PM »

On the TOD, my top favorite elective in HS was sewing.  I took it during my junior year as an escape from choir (the choir director was a total ass, of course my diva-ish behavior had nothing to do with our friction :))

Anyhoo, it was a really great class where I not only learned some basic sewing skills but discovered that sewing was quite enjoyable for me.  And as a bonus, I made some really cool new friends outside of my normal circle.  The class was open to all grade levels so there were a really diverse group of kids.  I loved that class.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2006, 04:40:01 PM »

DR SWW - your first sentence gave me a heart-stopping moment back there....but then things evened out!  :)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2006, 04:40:35 PM »

Okay, as much as I would love to continue to unwind and surf the net, I really have to do some reading.  With the training going on this weekend, I haven't completed any of the reading for class onTuesday... eek!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »

Go read, DRTPUNK!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2006, 04:45:42 PM »

I was thinking of a movie today....did anyone else see THE STRAWBERRY STATEMENT?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2006, 04:47:17 PM »

DR JMK - on TCM tonight is a documentary called JUDY GARLAND:BY MYSELF.  I'm not sure what it is...comes on about 11 pm your time, but it might have something interesting in it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2006, 04:47:58 PM »

Or is it that thing that has some actress reading letters, etc. that Judy wrote over still pictures and film footage?  Hmmm....

Jennifer

« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2006, 04:51:20 PM »

DR Cillaliz actually P Master was not invited to be on the show (Dancing with the stars).  His son little Romeo was supposed to be on.  He just replaced him last minute after an injury.

I don't think that the judges need to be all sweet and mushy.  It's a competition and if you suck, then you should get bad marks.  Other than the one comment where the head judge told him that he should be off the show I actually think the judges have been very kind to him.  IMO, he in no way deserved the marks of 5 and 6 that he got.

I guess we see this differently, but I don't find the judges were too harsh on any of them.  Obviously it's a tv show, and the criticisms are what get the ratings.  But I really think they were juding people on how they truly believed they did.  Nobody forced any of those celebs to do the show.  And the judges have totally praised those who have grown.  I did not see any ridiculing. In fact I think they have been overly generous to most of them.

Last year's winner was not too good at the beginning. But she improved and at the end she won.  I don't see what good it does to keep the worst dancers around.  I want to see a competition amongst the best.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2006, 04:51:50 PM »

Yes, JR, I believe it's the one that aired on PBS on American Masters with the lady from Boy from Oz (does that make sense?).

And, as promised, here is page whatever it is now glamorous Lucy dance, circa 1937:
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up