Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DRAMA AND CHAOS  (Read 20596 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: DRAMA AND CHAOS
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »

Today is the 3 month anniversary of my surgery.  It seems much, much longer ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2010, 12:59:45 PM »

I am home at last! While I was out, I checked my phone messages, and I had this one from Jo Sullivan Loesser: "What are you doing out in this weather?" So I called her back from Toyland to tell her it hadn't been so terrible when I left home this morning; the flakes were huge but not sticking. Well, times change.

On the tax front, I am getting back from the State about $9 and from the IRS about $700! I am quite happy with the outcome. I also helped my colleague and dear friend Curtis Moore pack up and ship out the most irritating project I ever resigned from, and may the fools that made it so awful and unhappy for me and my colleagues rot in hell. Forever. Never trust a drunk.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2010, 01:12:40 PM »

DR MattH we are still a few weeks behind on Project Runway. But don't be surprised if it's not new tonight. It's not listed as being new on tv guide.com (although they do sometimes forget things). They have Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and The Mentalist as being repeats.

I checked. They're repeaing the episode with the little kids.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2010, 01:14:15 PM »

As for "AI"... I do like(?) the theory(??) that Simon Cowell deliberately sabotaged his final season. ::)

Well, there are FOUR judges, and if he has THAT much sway, then the show deserves what it gets.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »

The newspaper had an article this morning saying that this winter has been the coldest and wettest one we've had in 38 years. I can believe it.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2010, 01:17:21 PM »

Some TV box sets from Paramount arrived later this morning, so I won't be getting to YOJIMBO this week at least. I'll start on MATT HUSTON tomorrow, and it'll likely take me three days since it's the entire first season of the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2010, 01:18:14 PM »

I watched another SUPERMAN episode this morning: "The Clown That Cried," one of my favorites from season two and the one which always made me cry (or at least feel bad) when I was a kid.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2010, 01:19:35 PM »

I watched last night's PSYCH while I ate lunch. A very silly program, and while I will probably stay with the show through the end of its current season, I'll likely drop it when it comes back. The mysteries aren't much any more, and the Shawn character has moved to beyond ridiculous.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2010, 01:23:49 PM »

Then I watched PONYO on Blu-ray. It's a family film but aimed at the younger tykes, a kind of adaptation of THE LITTLE MERMAID so it's a clear fantasy.

The animation is certainly arresting and unusual (waves portrayed as giant fish, for example), but it was pretty long for such a juvenile story - 103 minutes.

The English dub on this disc has a strong cast: Cate Blanchette, Liam Neeson, Betty White, Cloris Leachman, Tina Fey, Lily Tomlin, Matt Damon. And siblings of Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers play the two young characters, so the families were already on the Disney payroll.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »

Lots of bonus features, too, though most were little vignettes of 2-3 minutes.

The biggest bonus is an interactive map of the four Hayao Miyazaki films which Disney is distributing which offers more than 3 hours of games, previews, summaries, highlights, etc. all in 1080p.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2010, 01:26:58 PM »

I did have time left over to skim through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Luke and Dr. Pill were both on snarling at each other as usual. (Noah was there, too, for one brief scene.) And, of course, we got the BIG reveal of Damien, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2010, 01:50:14 PM »

Well, I guess I need to get busy writing. As far as TV watching tonight, since there's basically nothing new for me until after I go to bed, I may check in with the IDOL results and the Olympics to see the lower ranked skaters (if they show any skating before 10 p.m. which I doubt.) I may also watch THE MENTALIST rerun tonight rather than waiting to watch it tomorrow while I eat lunch.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2010, 01:50:26 PM »

Oh, rats!

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »

As for "AI"... I do like(?) the theory(??) that Simon Cowell deliberately sabotaged his final season. ::)

Well, there are FOUR judges, and if he has THAT much sway, then the show deserves what it gets.

There are 4 judges, but basically he is the only one that counts.  I find i end up fast forwarding through the others much of the time.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the show after he's gone. I really think that he is a huge part of the appeal.

Laura

« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2010, 02:58:15 PM »

It's a beautiful day today, and I've been walking around the neighborhood quite a bit. I haven't seen anything particularly interesting, except for three chickens and a goat.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »

DR Larry, vibes your tax refund is larger than the real estate taxes you will have to pay!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2010, 03:17:18 PM »

TOD:

<SNIP>

[I do not like the score to THE GOODBYE GIRL.]

I really like the original Broadway recording with Bernadette Peters and Martin Short, but I cannot stand the London revival recording.  What did they do??  It's a completely different score and not very good at all. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2010, 03:17:55 PM »

Film:

Love the Bond theme "Nobody Does It Better." It's one of the best of the Bond themes.

Ditto!  I always forget that he wrote that song.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »

Film:

Love the Bond theme "Nobody Does It Better." It's one of the best of the Bond themes.

Ditto!  I always forget that he wrote that song.

Ditto!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2010, 03:49:51 PM »

DR Larry, vibes your tax refund is larger than the real estate taxes you will have to pay!

Unfortunately it wasn't! Thanks for the thought.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2010, 03:51:41 PM »

TOD:

<SNIP>

I really like the original Broadway recording with Bernadette Peters and Martin Short, but I cannot stand the London revival recording.  What did they do??  It's a completely different score and not very good at all. :P

I saw "The Goodbye Girl" and Short was great. I've seen too many musicals now with Ms Peters where the question during the first act is, will they have her understudy sing Act Two because she sounds like she gargled with Drano?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 03:54:09 PM by elmore3003 »

George

« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »

TOD:

<SNIP>

I saw "The Goodbye Girl" and Short was great. I've seen too many musicals now with Ms Peters where the question during the first act is, will she have her understudy sing Act Two because she sounds like she gargled with Drano?

I've heard that about her. :-\

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2010, 03:57:40 PM »

TOD:

<SNIP>

I saw "The Goodbye Girl" and Short was great. I've seen too many musicals now with Ms Peters where the question during the first act is, will she have her understudy sing Act Two because she sounds like she gargled with Drano?

I've heard that about her. :-\

Last good vocal performance: Sunday in the Park!

George

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »

CHART TOPPERS: Best-Selling Theatre Recordings:

Here are the best-selling theatre CDs for the week ending Feb. 27, 2010, as reported by billboard.biz.

• Wicked, Original Broadway Cast Recording
  • Jersey Boys, Original Broadway Cast Recording
  • The Lion King, Original Broadway Cast Recording
  • Finian’s Rainbow, The New Broadway Cast Recording!!
  • Mamma Mia!, Original Cast Recording

—Judy Samelson

;D

Jane

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »

:D

Thanks George.

George

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »

MR BK have you made a final decision about coming to Indiana in April?

If he can only make one trip, I call dibs!!

;)

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »

I signed off earlier to go shopping and when I got home Richard and I sat down to watch the Nancy Drew movie.  Having just finished reading the Adriana Hofstetter trilogy, I found this movie pretty lame.  Actually, as a kid I found the books pretty lame, too.  We then fixed ourselves breakfast for dinner and now we're watching the Olympics.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2010, 06:00:13 PM »

i read a few nancy drew & hardy boy mysteries that were given to me.  i never searched them out.  my mother loved agatha christie & most mysteries and had them in the house.  i didn't bother with them.  i began reading mysteries a few years back because my brother loves them & it gives us more in common.  he has introduced me to a number of excellent books & authors.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2010, 06:11:14 PM »

My heart goes out to Walter Koenig (star trek) and his family.  Today the body of his son, Andrew (growing pains) was found.  It is horrible to lose a child, worse from suicide.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2010, 06:47:45 PM »

Back from a REALLY long day and if you think that I am jumping for joy seeing page four you can think again.  In fact, after a long day, I was hoping to come and read a plethora of nice postings - instead I've read about eight nice postings since I left this morning.  I am going to really ponder this this evening.  Sorry, but that's the way I feel about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up