Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES  (Read 22229 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2004, 02:13:50 PM »

RE: Juliana's journal from today
(don't read this if you haven't read the entry).

My heart breaks for her.  When she was explaining what had happened, I could tell it wasn't because of her talent.  But it really would have made a big impact on her to be able to play Millie in front of her family.  It's too bad the higher ups didn't realize that she was from LA.  If I was her I probably would have told them earlier (just in case Darcie was out - so they'd know).  Very heartbreaking.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2004, 02:19:46 PM »

Thanks DRJASON...that would be great!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2004, 02:22:34 PM »

TCB, oddly enough, we never got it published though Sam French held for a long time before rejecting it.  I suppose I should try again...given that both Larry & I now have some reputation.  The longest run we had was at the Hayloft Dinner Theatre in Manassas, Va.  where apparently it was a bona-fide hit with an equity company directed by one Davey Marlin-Jones.  Anyway, Larry & I own the rights.  Email me an address and I might be induced to send you a copy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2004, 02:27:13 PM »

I didn't know that Canada still acknowledged "Victoria Day". May 24 was "Empire Day" here and was a holiday when I was a pre-teen. Dame Edna would remember it well.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2004, 02:42:46 PM »

Too much information?

Victoria Day is celebrated on the first Monday preceding May 25th.  It is a statutory holiday throughout Canada.  

Victoria Day is officially the Sovereign's birthday.  The Sovereign's birthday was first observed in Ontario (then called Canada West) in 1845 to celebrate the birthday of Queen Victoria of England (1837-1901).    

After the death of Queen Victoria, an Act was passed by the Parliament of Canada establishing a legal holiday on May 24 in each year (or May 25 if May 24 fell on a Sunday) under the name Victoria Day.  An amendment to the Statutes of Canada in 1952 established the celebration of Victoria Day on the Monday preceding May 25.

From 1953 to 1956, the Queen's birthday was celebrated in Canada on Victoria Day.  In 1957, Victoria Day was permanently appointed as the Queen's birthday in Canada.  In the United Kingdom, the Queen's birthday is celebrated in June.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2004, 02:50:24 PM »

Behave yourself, Jose.

Funny... That's what the A/C repair man said...

:o

<ba-doom chick!>

OK, OK, I'll stop...

-Don't forget to tip your waitress!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2004, 02:53:11 PM »

TCB, oddly enough, we never got it published though Sam French held for a long time before rejecting it.  I suppose I should try again...given that both Larry & I now have some reputation.  The longest run we had was at the Hayloft Dinner Theatre in Manassas, Va.  where apparently it was a bona-fide hit with an equity company directed by one Davey Marlin-Jones.  Anyway, Larry & I own the rights.  Email me an address and I might be induced to send you a copy.

Hmm... That Dinner Theatre was up in my neck of the woods.  And, if memory serves me correctly, Mr. Marlin-Jones just recently passed away.  I remember him from my early teen years on the local news.
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2004, 02:57:57 PM »

Dan-in-TO - I did NOT get an email from you. This is spooky. Try a PM.

Jason

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2004, 03:02:49 PM »

I'm terribly depressed and frustrated.

Nearly two weeks ago I applied for a balance transfer from my current credit card to a new one with a 0% APR until May of next year. Today I got a notice back saying I was denied because my annual income is too low. Well, I have a $9,000 credit limit and they won't transfer my balance?? I haven't spent $9,000 mind you--that's just my limit. But the point is--AT&T felt it was OK to give me a credit limit that high--why won't Chase?!?! How am I ever supposed to pay this freaking thing off if I can't get a lower rate??

The lady at Chase suggested I re-apply when I get my permanent position at MTI--IN SEPTEMBER! The offer for the 0% APR ends June 30. I hate them...

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2004, 03:09:25 PM »

DR Panni,

I just sent you a PM ...

Dan-in-TO

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2004, 03:31:25 PM »

We celebrate the Queen's Birthday on the second Monday in June. I think her Birthday is in April! Partner Colin still celebrates Victoria's Birthday (Empire Day) as it is his birthday also. (May 24)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2004, 03:35:45 PM »

Juliana's latest entry is heartbreaking - but, sadly, nothing new for this business. I left her my thoughts at the site.

Dan-in-TO - I answered your email.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2004, 03:53:05 PM »

I'm terribly depressed and frustrated.

Nearly two weeks ago I applied for a balance transfer from my current credit card to a new one with a 0% APR until May of next year. Today I got a notice back saying I was denied because my annual income is too low. Well, I have a $9,000 credit limit and they won't transfer my balance?? I haven't spent $9,000 mind you--that's just my limit. But the point is--AT&T felt it was OK to give me a credit limit that high--why won't Chase?!?! How am I ever supposed to pay this freaking thing off if I can't get a lower rate??

The lady at Chase suggested I re-apply when I get my permanent position at MTI--IN SEPTEMBER! The offer for the 0% APR ends June 30. I hate them...

Jason, call AT&T, that owns your current credit card, and tell their representative that you have just received this great offer from Chase.  Tell them that the offer is almost too good to pass up, but being a loyal AT&T customer, you didn't want to drop their company without checking to see if they could come close to matching Chase's offer.  Don't tell them you already applied AND don't tell them you were turned down.  Obviously they won't be able to offer you the great deal that Chase offered, but assuming you have kept your payments current, they might lower your interest.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2004, 03:54:42 PM »

We celebrate the Queen's Birthday on the second Monday in June. I think her Birthday is in April! Partner Colin still celebrates Victoria's Birthday (Empire Day) as it is his birthday also. (May 24)

Are they the same age?
“One thing’s universal,

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2004, 03:54:48 PM »

Happy Birthday Colin!!!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2004, 03:57:15 PM »

DR George: "It's Raining Again" (Supertramp).
Also like Lovin Spoonful's "Rain On the Roof" and Jane Morgan's "The Day The Rains Came Down". "Just Walking In the Rain" by the wonderful Johnnie Ray has been a long time favourite too.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2004, 03:57:18 PM »

Gee, I am my own little frenzy!
“One thing’s universal,

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

Here's another rain song I like - "Rain Song" (110 in the Shade).

(DR Panni,

I answered yours, but in "reply" mode, not as a PM.)

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2004, 03:59:24 PM »

Thank you DR DIT from Colin.

DR TCB. Colin claims that she is a little older and they don't have PA in common.
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2004, 04:02:31 PM »

TCB: That's a great idea. Too bad I already tried it. They did lower my APR from 12.99% to 10.99%, but that still ain't as good as 0%! Right now I pay nearly $80/mo. in interest. Well...that was at 12.99%...I don't know what I'll be paying now, but I really want that 0% now. I thought I had it and now it's gone. I want it back! :-)

Panni

« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2004, 04:05:57 PM »

DR Dan-in-TO told me about a column in the GLOBE AND MAIL (the NY Times of Canada) to which he contributed. I know he would be too modest, but I want to bring it to the attention of the site. It's based on a beautiful story he told here once about his late mother's generosity. Do read it. The link:

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040514/LIVES14/TPComment/Features

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2004, 04:06:08 PM »

TCB: That's a great idea. Too bad I already tried it. They did lower my APR from 12.99% to 10.99%, but that still ain't as good as 0%! Right now I pay nearly $80/mo. in interest. Well...that was at 12.99%...I don't know what I'll be paying now, but I really want that 0% now. I thought I had it and now it's gone. I want it back! :-)

Well then, honey, you had better start dating a banker!
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2004, 04:06:13 PM »

On the "Victoria Day" topic, are there any other fans of "I And Albert" out there in the dark? I find the song "No-one To Call Me Victoria" quite moving.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2004, 04:07:21 PM »

It worked for me. (27 years!)
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2004, 04:08:24 PM »

Dan-in-T, I still have no e-mail from you. This is so strange.

Jason

« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2004, 04:09:17 PM »

Do you know one?

Jennifer

« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2004, 04:11:52 PM »

DR Panni and others: Do you think that if those in charge had realized that LA was Juliana's home town, and if they knew how much it would mean to her ... that they would have made the same decision?

To me it seems like they made the choice thinking LA was just like any city to her.  And in that respect, it seems like a reasonable decision.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »

Just now getting online having to mstay off waiting for a call from the A/C repariman which never came. Well, I was told early this morning that he had a home installation scheduled for today and night not make it here today.

Alas, another muggy day inside the home.

Favorite Weill: "Speak Low"

Favorite Rain: "Pennies from Heaven"
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jason

« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2004, 04:13:45 PM »

Ahh....I hear thunder. God help us, it's going to rain again. My dad had to travel to Omaha, NE today...I hope the string of tornados out there has stopped. :-\

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2004, 04:14:32 PM »

the most blatent display of clack of ommitment I can ever recall having seen.

I don't know about that, but what happened to your c is a blatant display of ommitment for sure.

Anyone mention Randy Newman's I Think It's Gonna Rain Today?  I also like the two by Jones & Schmidt.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up