Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WAXY FACES  (Read 14346 times)

FJL

Re: WAXY FACES
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2011, 11:25:03 AM »

BK - i don't know how to link it, but there's a really nice acknowledgment of you in the DRAT THE CAT thread on All that Chat.

FJL

« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »

Nice story, JMK!

FJL

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2011, 11:27:12 AM »

Did I miss the post about an accident, Jane?    if you're still healing, quick-healing vibes.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2011, 11:28:18 AM »

I haven't been all that crazy about all the jumping on the MAD MEN bandwagon, but this has me interested: 

Cheyenne Jackson and New York Pops Will Celebrate "Mad Men" Era at Carnegie Hall

I hope there is a recording in the works.

Good for Cheyenne! I really think Reineke sucks as a conductor: very unsympathetic to vocalists with too fast tempos. I think he's more concerned with getting through the piece and turning around for the applause and too long a schmooze with the audience. Bring back Arthur Fiedler!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2011, 11:56:32 AM »

BK - i don't know how to link it, but there's a really nice acknowledgment of you in the DRAT THE CAT thread on All that Chat.

Click HERE for the start of the thread and HERE for the specific post. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:17 PM »

I had to share this hilarious birthday e-card I received (a bit late, but it's the thought).  This is from an old (wwaaaay old, but I digress) friend who had just visited Betsy and me with her husband, down from Seattle, at a little dinner we held in their honor.  They had the temerity to actually send a hand-written thank you note later, which I semi-humorously took them to task for, saying the entire edifice of 21st culture was now going to collapse due to their backward step.  Here is Pamela's text in her e-card to me:

Now I suppose you're going to berate me, AGAIN, for sending you something (sweet, tender and beautiful, by the way). I'll bet you're going to lambaste me for acknowledging you and your special gifts, for wishing you a gloriously brilliant full-spectrum birthday, for taking the time and trouble to spell out my admiration, love and affection for you. I know you're going to bark at me for breaking some sort of current protocol, for not getting with the program and just simply, sound-bitely, ultra-virtually saying "Happy Birthday" like all your other clown friends on Facebook!

Go ahead, think less of me, bulldoze over my fragile and brave attempt to sing your praises, to celebrate you and your divine existence and it's rich radiance beaming through our bankrupt civilization!

Go ahead--I love you unconditionally!

That's very sweet, JMK. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:17 PM »

Low turnout for a NYC audition......strange......  Is this the show that is taking place in the tropics?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »

TOD: I was never much of a 'Star Wars" fan or a fan of too much science fiction with special effects I did see as being all that special. I thought back then that "Metropolis" had better special effects IMHO and it was made decades earlier. I saw the first three films, which are now the second three films, and i had no desire to see the others.

I did like that Star Wars TV special where Bea Arthur sang some Kurt Weill-type song with a Wookie or whatever it was.

Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXKySxPFCI

I thought that that was actually a good song.  Has anyone heard of it before?  Was it written for the Star Wars special or is it from an existing show?

Inquiring minds want to know!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »

And the word of the day is: STERNUTATORY!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  ADELAIDE'S LAMENT

Vixter09

• " .... Whoops..."
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2011, 01:09:03 PM »

Morning all, that is- Wait, that's not my introduction.

Today's been an interesting day filled with stared at sunlight. ( A laptop is not to be trusted in sawdust covered elements, so work is done facing the outside world I'd like to be frolicing in.)

*daydreams of frolicing shall now interrupt this post until further notice*
I'm not the egg man,
I'm not the walrus,
I am the Moose Girl,
Goo goo ga chu

FJL

« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »

Hello, vixter.  Hope the frolics are going well.  :)

Vixter09

• " .... Whoops..."
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2011, 01:20:20 PM »

I wish I were frolicking. I'm working on an extra credit still the same "soundtrack of my life". You wouldn't think this would be hard!
I'm not the egg man,
I'm not the walrus,
I am the Moose Girl,
Goo goo ga chu

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2011, 01:25:54 PM »

Good Afternoon!

One errand keeps leading to another one, and so on and so forth...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2011, 01:26:20 PM »

And I still have a couple of things to take care of as a result of some of the things I took care of earlier, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2011, 01:27:12 PM »

I hope DR Ginny and DH Richard are at their gate, waiting to board their flight across the Atlantic....

~~~~~TRANSATLANTIC TRAVEL VIBES TO DR GINNY AND HER DH RICHARD~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2011, 01:28:07 PM »

And speaking of those aforementioned other errands...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »

DR Jane:    :D

DR vixmom:   ;D

DR MBarnum:  :D

DR Elmore3003:   LOL   ;D

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2011, 02:06:58 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely lunch with MBarnum.  Also picked up the CD sleeves and will begin signing those shortly.  Also heard from another camera person - he's checking whether he's traveling on Friday or Saturday to a gig - if it's Saturday then he'll be available and I'll have none of the worries that I have with my guy and that includes the camera rental stuff.  So, the guy is still coming here, but it's easy for me to cut him loose if he doesn't want to deal with the camera rental, etc.

Meantime, I'm talking to a rental house at two-thirty to see what their deal is.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2011, 02:27:12 PM »

Did I miss the post about an accident, Jane?    if you're still healing, quick-healing vibes.

No new injuries, unless you missed my fall over Sherlock in June, thank goodness.  I'm still in PT from the shoulder break & partial replacement almost two years ago, and now I have a matching, pain wise, left shoulder.

Thanks for the vibes.  I would like, at least, the left shoulder to be better.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »

No new injuries, unless you missed my fall over Sherlock in June, thank goodness.  I'm still in PT from the shoulder break & partial replacement almost two years ago, and now I have a matching, pain wise, left shoulder.

Thanks for the vibes.  I would like, at least, the left shoulder to be better.
And more vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »

So sad DR CILLA LIZ.....life can be short.

Some swell friends you got DR JMK.

Thanks JRand

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2011, 02:37:23 PM »

DR Cilla, my condolences on the sad loss of your ex-boss.

Thanks Jane. 

John G.

« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2011, 02:37:51 PM »

I wish I were frolicking. I'm working on an extra credit still the same "soundtrack of my life". You wouldn't think this would be hard!
Would you rather "frolic"  or "gambol"?
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2011, 02:38:38 PM »

Sorry to hear about your former boss, DR Cillaliz.

Thanks Dan

John G.

« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »

TOD: I was never much of a 'Star Wars" fan or a fan of too much science fiction with special effects I did see as being all that special. I thought back then that "Metropolis" had better special effects IMHO and it was made decades earlier. I saw the first three films, which are now the second three films, and i had no desire to see the others.

I did like that Star Wars TV special where Bea Arthur sang some Kurt Weill-type song with a Wookie or whatever it was.

Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXKySxPFCI

I thought that that was actually a good song.  Has anyone heard of it before?  Was it written for the Star Wars special or is it from an existing show?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Can you imagine the young minds it dented and warped? Like mine?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2011, 02:40:26 PM »

I haven't been all that crazy about all the jumping on the MAD MEN bandwagon, but this has me interested: 

Cheyenne Jackson and New York Pops Will Celebrate "Mad Men" Era at Carnegie Hall

I hope there is a recording in the works.

Good for Cheyenne! I really think Reineke sucks as a conductor: very unsympathetic to vocalists with too fast tempos. I think he's more concerned with getting through the piece and turning around for the applause and too long a schmooze with the audience. Bring back Arthur Fiedler!
Maybe for a Halloween concert. Might be a bit messy otherwise, unless you have a gift for reanimation.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2011, 02:40:41 PM »

Thanks Everyone for the condolences. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2011, 02:42:36 PM »

PAINFREE VIBES TO DR JANE~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2011, 02:42:45 PM »