Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MACARONI AND CHEESE  (Read 32441 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:MACARONI AND CHEESE
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2005, 11:35:52 AM »

nor
 that she is
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2005, 11:37:08 AM »

He is an average sized Kate Bush fan, and he greatly enjoys listening to her music.

vixmom

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2005, 11:37:29 AM »

Has my babbling gotten us off the widescreen page?

vixmom

« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2005, 11:37:37 AM »

Cool

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2005, 11:39:30 AM »

Our internet and email was out yesterday here, so I was E&T for that reason.

I missed a chance to mention my bugaboos. I too go early to the airport, and it paid off for me when I flew to Chicago. I got there early and an earlier flight was about to leave and I asked if I could get on board, and they said "no problem."

I know it helps SWoody do his job, but gosh how I hate those stickers on fruit. Especially when they do not come off easily. Plums are particularly bad.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2005, 11:39:52 AM »

Thanks for the heaing vibes, DR Dan, DC Nilla isn't very good at being sick or taking medicine, so I'm sure I'll be in for quite a time with him

Vibes for Nilla.

And makes sure s/he eats.  We wouldn't want Nilla getting waif-er.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2005, 11:40:31 AM »

Zere vill be NO groaning at Haines His Vay!

Ben

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2005, 11:40:42 AM »

In relation to the blame, Vixmom said:

I was guessing Jose

Right you are (if you think you are, a Luigi Pirandello reference).

Remember what we discussed yesterday, people. This will be on the test.

Jose is to blame for everything. For ever.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2005, 11:41:47 AM »

Yes, I was here then. I am a little disppointed that it will be families this next time.  I have nothing against families, but 2 people working together is much easier that 4 and having some of them be kids who will undoubtedly get tired and whiney, yikes!

Well, I am glad someone said it, 'cause I have been thinking it all along.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2005, 11:43:17 AM »

Dan The Man- I was just thinking about Kate Bush yesterday. Her first album is a masterpiece, and she was like, 19 when she recorded it. I like to say she now records under the name Tori Amos because I think Tori copied some of Kate's vocal stylings.

I would like to see Amos in concert someday.  I understand that she cuts loose a lot more in live play and is much more jazzy than in her recordings.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2005, 11:44:03 AM »

Yesterday while perusing the shelves at my local Barnes & Noble, I   found a book (which I purchased but have not yet read) about the 64/65 World's Fair that I attended with my parents  when I was a wee sprig of a twig of a lass

All this gasoline talk reminded me of the Sinclair Oil Exhibit where they had the life sized dinosaurs and a machine where you could make your own plastic dinosaur.  I made a green brontosaurus (back then it was still known by that name)

Did I miss a memo?  Is there a new name for brontosauruses?

(I too attended the 64 World's Fair.  Or so I am told.  I think I slept through it in a stroller would be more precise.)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 11:44:29 AM by Stuart »

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2005, 11:50:20 AM »

Thanks for all the Nilla healing vibes. I'm going to get him pretty soon. After I get gas before the prices go up again. I'll give you an update on the prices here.

I love Kate Bush, I used to listen to Wuthering Heights a lot when I was in college  "Heathcliff, it's me, I'm Kathy I've come home ..."  I just may have to get that album out and listen to it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2005, 11:52:21 AM »

I would like to see Amos in concert someday.  I understand that she cuts loose a lot more in live play and is much more jazzy than in her recordings.

I saw her in Sioux City a year or two ago.  I didn't know much of her music when I went and the biggest problem was you couldn't understand one word she sang.  She played extremely well, but not knowing what she was singing, it all sort of sounded the same.  Her fans there went crazy, so maybe it was just me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2005, 11:54:16 AM »

Oh and the insense that filled the theatre was a bit overwhelming. It made my eyes water.

Other than that it was a great concert, LOL

vixmom

« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2005, 11:57:52 AM »

The Great Brontosaurus Hoax
by Borgna Brunner  

The story of dinosaurs used to be simple. There was once an innocent time when the dinosaur universe could be reduced to a few creatures: basically, Earth was ruled by the terrifying T. rex and that peace-loving vegetarian, the Brontosaurus.

Brontosaurus Unmasked

But the Age of Innocence really ended the day the Brontosaurus, the gentle giant of dinosaurs, was revealed as a fraud.

Will the real dinosaur please stand up?
Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus © Joe Tucciarone

Brontosaurus was discovered in 1874 by the paleontologist O. C. Marsh. The skeleton Marsh found is still one of the most complete ever. It helped the Brontosaurus become one of the most identifiable and popular of all dinosaurs.

In 1903, however, scientists determined that Brontosaurus fossils were not from a new species, but from a dinosaur already discovered—the Apatosaurus.

For years this news circulated only in the scientific community. The name Brontosaurus continued to be featured on museum labels. The name was not formally removed from the records of paleontology until 1974.

Postal Goof

The bad news about the Brontosaurus, however, was not noticed by the U.S. Post Office, which issued four dinosaur stamps in 1989: Tyrannosaurus, Stegosaurus, Pterandon—and Brontosaurus. Public outrage erupted. The Post Office was accused of "fostering scientific illiteracy."

The recall of the stamp was demanded. The media enjoyed the scandal. Imagine not checking for scientific accuracy before issuing thousands of stamps! Why not go ahead and issue Loch Ness monster stamps next!?

Sauropod, Schmauropod

Dinosaur Hall of Fame

See our informal guide to the biggest, smallest, fastest, smartest, dumbest, widest, oldest, and most popular dinosaurs.
This postal goof was actually not as bad as it sounds. As Steven Jay Gould pointed out in his hilarious essay on the subject, Bully for Brontosaurus, the issue is really just about words: Brontosaurus and Apatosaurus are simply different names for the same dinosaur.

As Elmer Riggs, the scientist who uncovered the duplication, wrote: "As the term 'Apatosaurus' has priority, 'Brontosaurus' will be regarded as a synonym." Usually, preference is given to the first name that was assigned—even if the other name, Brontosaurus, was clearly more popular.

You Say Bronto, I Say Apato

The group clinging to the name Brontosaurus is really not any more wrong than the group who says Apatosaurus. Those who insist on "Apatosaurus," Gould says, have confused scientific truth with a mere technicality:

If you . . . [claim] that our postal service has mocked the deepest truth of paleontology, I will know that you have only skimmed the surface of my field.
["Bully for Brontosaurus"]
In other words, you're pretty smart if you know a Brontosaurus is really called an Apatosaurus, but you're even smarter if you realize it really doesn't make all that much of a difference.

For further reading: Bully for Brontosaurus: Reflections in Natural History, by Steven J. Gould.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/brontokids.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/brontosaurus.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 12:01:33 PM by vixmom »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2005, 11:59:49 AM »

Great Scott! In the mail, a package from Mr. MBarnum himself, loaded with some awesome CDs. Best of the Cyrkle and the Arbors, and Ultra Lounge comp and two CDs made from records: one Norman Luboff and one of 45s. Anyone remember "Big Mamou" by Dolores Gray? Awesome stuff. Thanks MBarnum!

Between him, Elmore, Tomovoz and George, my eclectic music collection has grown eclectic-er!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2005, 12:00:36 PM »

Mr. Pogue, did you take care of your coyote problem?

vixmom

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2005, 12:02:41 PM »

Great Scott! In the mail, a package from Mr. MBarnum himself, loaded with some awesome CDs. Best of the Cyrkle and the Arbors, and Ultra Lounge comp and two CDs made from records: one Norman Luboff and one of 45s. Anyone remember "Big Mamou" by Dolores Gray? Awesome stuff. Thanks MBarnum!

Between him, Elmore, Tomovoz and George, my eclectic music collection has grown eclectic-er!

How many King Family Albums do you have?

vixmom

« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2005, 12:04:56 PM »

and Trini Lopez?

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2005, 12:13:24 PM »

Speaking of mac & cheese, one of my favorite places to eat near the University of Dayton is called Nothing but Noodles.  On their menu is "Three Cheese Macaroni:  Fusilli pasta with a blend of melted cheeses and fresh cream, finished with a generous portion of shredded cheddar and Monterray Jack cheese."  I like to have broccoli added and to season with pepper.  They have a website, but I can't provide a link because it seems to be down.  That's probably Jose's fault  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2005, 12:14:46 PM »

I almost forgot...This article over at Playbill OnLine makes me wonder about how well educated their sources are.

I mean, I think it's great that they remember the film The Princess Bride.  But couldn't they acknowledge that the film was based on Goldman's book of the same name?

Woody, my initial suspicion is that the press release they received didn't mention the film.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2005, 12:15:10 PM »

I have neither of those, Momovix.

If I had a Trini Lopez album, I'd play it in the morning, I'd play it in the evening....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2005, 12:16:36 PM »

Have shipped packages, bought some new Van's All Star sneakers, and am now waiting for Miss Tammy Minoff to arrive for our Anniversary Lunch and Waltz.

Have heard from another cast member of Together Again, so that's good.

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2005, 12:16:53 PM »

If I had a Trini Lopez album, I'd play it in the morning, I'd play it in the evening....

...all over this land.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2005, 12:18:24 PM »

I wonder where my Brontosaurus went?

It's now extinct.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2005, 12:20:20 PM »

When all else fails:

Put the blame on Mame!

She's been replaced, dontcha know?  Blame DRJose! Scourge of God!

vixmom

« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2005, 12:24:27 PM »

.  They have a website, but I can't provide a link because it seems to be down.  That's probably Jose's fault  ;)

undoubtably

as is my inabily to spell that wor\d correctly

or to type

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2005, 12:25:18 PM »

all over this land?

vixmom

« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2005, 12:26:14 PM »

I think I may have to change my name to Momovix... very nice  Rodders

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2005, 12:29:15 PM »

I'm all caught up.  DRCillaliz, I too send helthy vides to Nilla.

Before DRJoey left this morning, I forced him to watch the first 15 minutes of GUMNAAM.  I think the musical number with the spastic lady dancer has left him in shock and horror.  He kept asking, "Why isn't she wearing a mask?" since everyone else was; it's kind of like "Zorro goes to West side Story."

So, I made sure he and his luggage got safely onto a bus for LaGuardia from Port authority, and then I headed down to check out the recording office.   Now i;m back and ready for a little nap.  I blame my fatigue on DRJose.  I blame GUMNAAM on DRJose as well.

DRRodzinski, do you want to watch THE REVENGER'S TRAGEDY tonight?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up