Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME  (Read 48342 times)

François

Re:THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME
« Reply #450 on: September 29, 2007, 10:27:32 PM »

Bonne nuit, Miss Penny!

Oh... Penny would be a sweet name for a cat! An aristocat, of course!

François

« Reply #451 on: September 29, 2007, 10:27:49 PM »

A penny for a dance!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #452 on: September 29, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »

how are you diong?  

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

td

• td
« Reply #453 on: September 29, 2007, 10:28:04 PM »

I loved hier in Breakfast at Tiffanys.

So did I, but BREAKFAST had Mickey Rooney's Mister Yunioshi and George Peppard's Fred.  

Buddy Ebson, Patricia Neal and the divine Audrey, not to mention Mancini's score and Edwards' direction are what make BREAKFAST meaningful to me. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

François

« Reply #454 on: September 29, 2007, 10:28:29 PM »

I loved hier in Breakfast at Tiffanys.

"Hier" is yesterday, in French! ;)

François

« Reply #455 on: September 29, 2007, 10:29:11 PM »

how are you diong?  

I am diong fine, thank you!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #456 on: September 29, 2007, 10:29:21 PM »

Now I loved Audrey in MY FAIR LADY...

One of my favorite movies

Francois, I loved GIGI
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

François

« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2007, 10:30:13 PM »

So did I, but BREAKFAST had Mickey Rooney's Mister Yunioshi and George Peppard's Fred.  

And you had the hots for Mickey, of course! :o ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #458 on: September 29, 2007, 10:30:19 PM »

Buddy Ebson, Patricia Neal and the divine Audrey, not to mention Mancini's score and Edwards' direction are what make BREAKFAST meaningful to me. . .

It was a great cast with excellent story telling and music.. I really did enjoy it.

Angela

« Reply #459 on: September 29, 2007, 10:30:51 PM »

Well roomies -- hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.  I'm in awe of the fall foliage, drove up from Vermont.  Truly amazing.  Nothing like this back home in the California Desert.  It's 1:30am and I need lots of beauty sleep!  nite nite
Where ever you go, there you are.........

François

« Reply #460 on: September 29, 2007, 10:30:54 PM »

Francois, I loved GIGI

Gaston too but only at the end of the film! ;)

François

« Reply #461 on: September 29, 2007, 10:31:38 PM »

Well roomies -- hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.  I'm in awe of the fall foliage, drove up from Vermont.  Truly amazing.  Nothing like this back home in the California Desert.  It's 1:30am and I need lots of beauty sleep!  nite nite

I am crazy about Vermont and New England!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #462 on: September 29, 2007, 10:31:47 PM »

I also liked Charade...

I found ROMAN HOLIDAY an interesting movie but I have not seen it in nearly 20 years and I would like to see it again.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #463 on: September 29, 2007, 10:32:23 PM »

I am crazy about Vermont and New England!

North Dakota??

Angela

« Reply #464 on: September 29, 2007, 10:32:53 PM »

it figures -- bk enters as I exit!

td

• td
« Reply #465 on: September 29, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »

And you had the hots for Mickey, of course! :o ;)

Seeing Mickey in MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM and several of the ANDY HARDY flicks, as well as those Judy/Mickey movies, Mickey was a bit on the cute side. . .

Mickey in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S makes me want to run screaming from the room.   :o
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

François

« Reply #466 on: September 29, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »

Buddy Ebson

You mean Ebsen, buddy, of course! (Go ahead! Hate me! :D)

François

« Reply #467 on: September 29, 2007, 10:34:44 PM »

Mickey in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S makes me want to run screaming from the room.   :o

You'd love him much more now! (I know, I am audious! 8))

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #468 on: September 29, 2007, 10:35:24 PM »

I like Mickey Rooney in THE BLACK STALLION

François

« Reply #469 on: September 29, 2007, 10:35:53 PM »

it figures -- bk enters as I exit!

Who's the director of this "play"?!? ;)

François

« Reply #470 on: September 29, 2007, 10:36:24 PM »

I like Mickey Rooney in THE BLACK STALLION

I liked the horse too! :o ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #471 on: September 29, 2007, 10:36:42 PM »

Seeing Mickey in MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM and several of the ANDY HARDY flicks, as well as those Judy/Mickey movies, Mickey was a bit on the cute side. . .

I was more intersted in the other characters than his. MR was fine but I adore Audrey and I was more interested in her character.

François

« Reply #472 on: September 29, 2007, 10:36:51 PM »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #473 on: September 29, 2007, 10:37:37 PM »

(Go ahead! Hate me! :D)

I promised not to make French jokes.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #474 on: September 29, 2007, 10:37:49 PM »

I liked the horse too! :o ;)

That was a beautiful Black arabian. He had great conformation and his gait was excellent

François

« Reply #475 on: September 29, 2007, 10:37:58 PM »

I was more intersted in the other characters than his. MR was fine but I adore Audrey and I was more interested in her character.

I am never intersted? How do you do it?!

Does it hurt?! ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #476 on: September 29, 2007, 10:38:22 PM »

Never been to, so....

Thought I would ask! ;)

Angela

« Reply #477 on: September 29, 2007, 10:38:35 PM »

Francois -- the colors are spectacular this season.  I keep running out of film.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #478 on: September 29, 2007, 10:39:06 PM »

Posting a critical comment about a private correspondence isn't likely to woo him back or make him feel welcome.  It seems more like "public chastisement" that I'm sure no one on this forum would appreciate receiving from you.

There was no private correspondence, just my e-mail to him which went without response.  That is not chastisement - I"m posting the fact that it irked me, just as I would post about anything that irks me, as you well know.  You can speak for yourself, of course, but not for others on this board.  I did find his behavior odd - I said it here.  That's not chastisement, just my opinion, as you well know.  I sent him a nice e-mail stating the facts as I saw them, and I have stated those same facts here since I found out about it.  If someone needs a long break, then so be it.  If someone comes back and cuts the break short, great.  I see no need to woo or not woo - I haven't seen much evidence of people holding back their opinions and I'm certainly not holding back mine.  What people "appreciate" or not appreciate is, I'm sure you'll agree, their business and I'm equally sure you don't need to speak for them, as they all stand up and make themselves heard perfectly well.

This is not a public chastisement, unless one were to consider your post a public chastisement.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2007, 10:39:39 PM »

Mea Culpa Francois!! I really do need to remember to check my posts!

:)

I was referring to Mickey Rooney
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up